Post-Game Talk: GAME 33 - B's get sabrered - Buffalo 4 BRUINS 2 - On to Poutineville

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-12-16_19-49-8.png

upload_2018-12-16_19-49-34.png

upload_2018-12-16_19-50-5.png

upload_2018-12-16_19-51-30.png

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI BRUINS

Last edited:

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I was gonna make a joke after the last PGT with the 1st star being DeSmith to just have it prepared every single game with their goalie as the #1 star.

I wish I wasn't serious but it looks to be quite accurate lol

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
There are only 6 teams with less goals for and 4 of them have played less games.
Trade for an actual top six winger, preferably in some Heinen package.

Reactions: BBruins and Strafer

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Can someone explain to me the purpose of the “dead in the head” rule?

Like if the puck is going in as the whistle blows, and it is found on replay to have never been tied up, why can it not be ruled a goal? Everyone on the ice had a fair shot at the puck, but Marchand put it in in a completely fair manner.

Why can’t it just be a goal?

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Can someone explain to me the purpose of the “dead in the head” rule?

Like if the puck is going in as the whistle blows, and it is found on replay to have never been tied up, why can it not be ruled a goal? Everyone on the ice had a fair shot at the puck, but Marchand put it in in a completely fair manner.

Why can’t it just be a goal?

I guess it's to maintain that the referee has some power over the game or something?

Even then, look at the Crosby goal vs us last November, it was a dead in the head play, yet they gave Crosby the goal anyway... So I guess they can change their minds, if you're a superstar anyway.

Reactions: Sevendust and BMC

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
There are only 6 teams with less goals for and 4 of them have played less games.
Trade for an actual top six winger, preferably in some Heinen package.

Heinen actually was a bright spot. I mean that whole line was the Bruins best and that's a huge plus despite the loss.

You add too that Heinen if anything really improved his trade value today. Sure he missed that wide open net but every time he was on the ice, or that line for that matter they had chances. Really liking JFK more and more.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Both goals scored by Bruins D. Bs generated a ton of shots yet again. Not a single forward scored, except Marchy, which didn't count. Bs aren't snake bit by posts or by backup/no-name goalies stoning them. Crap has been happening for years now. Bs lack finish from players other than the usual top liners. Skilled scorers don't constantly hit posts or get robbed by mediocre goalies -- they score goals, no excuses. Get your f***ing act together DS! Been several years now and the team still has the same scorers that were in the organization when you took over. What have you added to augment to the skilled scorers? Might be too late to do much of anything substantive for this season but sure as hell get your shit together over next summer. Signing/trading for over the hill, injury prone vets isn't the answer.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I guess it's to maintain that the referee has some power over the game or something?

Even then, look at the Crosby goal vs us last November, it was a dead in the head play, yet they gave Crosby the goal anyway... So I guess they can change their minds, if you're a superstar anyway.

That’s right. That’s a great example of it going the other way.

I would just love to get a clear answer as to why the rule exists. If replay is there to correct the mistakes and make the right calls, why is the purpose of it eliminated in a case like this?

Truly can’t figure it out.

Reactions: Emerz

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Heinen actually was a bright spot. I mean that whole line was the Bruins best and that's a huge plus despite the loss.

You add too that Heinen if anything really improved his trade value today. Sure he missed that wide open net but every time he was on the ice, or that line for that matter they had chances. Really liking JFK more and more.

Played good but he is dumb .No excuse not lifting that setup by JFK.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague

JFK was good, Heinen was not. And looking at Heinen's play this season, he didn't show anything except that pretty goal against Toronto. I don't know what his value is, but if there is some reasonable package you put him in that gets you a good top 6 winger, go for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->