Post-Game Talk: GAME 33 - B's get sabrered - Buffalo 4 BRUINS 2 - On to Poutineville

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
im sorry but buffalo is not going to finish ahead of us if we get bergie and chara back.

we will be behind toronto and tampa and be in another game 7 with toronto.

I’d trade him in a heartbeat for the right return.

Heck, I’d trade Bergeron too......but only for pieces that would likely never be offered....i.e. McDavid, types.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
when fans invest this much emotion in a game... and spends billions of dollars every year to support the business

you simply MUST find a way to have better officiating.

if they are willing to take 10 mins to decide if a skate was on the ice or an inch in the air ( AND THATS TO TAKE AWAY A GOAL LOL) then all this crap about an official intending to INCORRECTLY PREMATURELY MISTAKENLY blow a play dead HAS TO BE ADDRESSED

i mean... that is their argument right? i was going to be wrong, so since i intended to be wrong we have to follow through. not only was i wrong but i was incompetent too. i meant to incorrectly blow the whistle but i failed. still... no sense trying to fix it. i tried to be wrong, so give me a second chance so i can screw the fans over

bruins played well enough to win today... put enough pucks in the goal to get the job done... but once again officiating screwed us over

do better nhl... do better
This is legit my favourite post from you in maybe five years. Bang on.

The rule isn’t just nonsense, it’s nonsense in neon f***ing lights. It bends the fans over and has its way with them while shouting “You like that?? You like how f***ing incompetent I am?? Yeah!! Take it!!"

Dead in the head indeed.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Not really. Injuries have destroyed this team this year . I just hope it’s not too late by the time the Bruins get everybody back .

I give skinner props for being streaky... and what better time to get streaky then a contract year?

I was not in favor of evander kane last year... didnt want to be stuck with his next contract. Max pacioretti... james neal... david perron

These guys in their contract years about to hijack their team are... dangerous

How much blood will the fans call for if buffalo doesn't give skinner 51 mill on a 6 year deal now?

Thank god it wont be us watching his inconsistent play on an underperforming second line the next half decade at 8.5 mill

But props for putting out an effort now during his contract season. I am always impressed when these guys can continue to get these longterm contracts despite such poor play 1/2 the time

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
maybe. but bergy and chara in there tonite. no way that runt skinner scores 2 goals and eichel puts up 4 points.
we will be fine once they come back.
I’ll say “we will be better once they are back”, I don’t think I can use the term “fine” until some moves are made to fill the obvious holes

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Actually, that line was probably the best for Boston tonight. I find it humorous that Heinen gets singled out, when not only did he have several good chances, he also set Donato up several times, who didn’t finish. In addition, Donato gives a freaking lame effort on a penalty shot attempt. Yet, I don’t see anyone including him in every trade proposal that comes down the pike :huh:

It’s a problem when two rookies and a second year guy are the team’s best line in a game. Marchand and Pasta were MIA again and Pasta had a number of bad turnovers. When a team is missing two Top 6 F’s, you need secondary scoring, but you also need your best players to be your best players.

They weren’t.

Pasta was bad.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
obviously you dont overrate him

Sorry if I'm not impressed with him. Look at the teams the Habs have been playing lately. They played two decent, not great teams, in the Wild and SJ and lost 3 times. Scoring 1 goal in each game they lost. All other teams they have played are in the bottom tier of the league since Weber's return . If that impresses you , your a different man than I.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The problem is we may be to far out to make the playoffs once they get back.

One problem is the B's don't have that many head to head games left in the division. After tomorrow they have one with Poutineville, 1 with Toronto and 2 with Buffalo.

Regulation losses are starting to hurt them in playoff math

Reactions: 22Brad Park

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Shea Weber and his 15367 MPH slap shot tomorrow.... Bruins better wear full face masks made out of Kevlar

5ae790046af35ef60870b66832359bb9.jpg

We are certainly going to need some heroics.....

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
When you take a team like the Bruins, who went into the season with a 2rw and 3c handicap, and then you throw in all the injuries they have to deal with, this team has over achieved. Like it or not, in large part due then the outstanding performance of Halak early in the season.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Sorry if I'm not impressed with him. Look at the teams the Habs have been playing lately. They played two decent, not great teams, in the Wild and SJ and lost 3 times. Scoring 1 goal in each game they lost. All other teams they have played are in the bottom tier of the league since Weber's return . If that impresses you , your a different man than I.

I guess i look at his career? Then i factor in his injury?

Are we limited only judging him on last 2 weeks?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I guess i look at his career? Then i factor in his injury?

Are we limited only judging him on last 2 weeks?

I don't dwell in the past much . Life has thought me that I'm only a shadow of what I was in my prime. No matter how hard I try.

Funny that you bring up injury, great part of my demise as I have aged.

matter2003

May 11, 2006
And if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle. You can play that game all night.

The Sabres right now are in 2nd place overtaking Toronto and on top of that played last night in a game that went to a shoot-out and this was their 3rd game in 4 nights. You may not be to worried about them but the Bruins should be.

Not to mention the Sabres were playing their 10th and 11th defensemen in this game in Guhle and Hunwick...

Reactions: TCB

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
One problem is the B's don't have that many head to head games left in the division. After tomorrow they have one with Poutineville, 1 with Toronto and 2 with Buffalo.

Regulation losses are starting to hurt them in playoff math
I can’t fathom after playing only 33 games that the Bruins are in SERIOUS trouble but it’s not looking good so far but lots of time to turn things around .

matter2003

May 11, 2006
a few things:

1) the trade freeze is the 19th, so 1 more game to go for that (we know nothing is happening, though).

2) jack eichel will never have a 4-point game against us with both bergeron and chara dressed.

3) how many times are we gonna get hosed by the refs?

4) credit to ullmark, he was very good.

5) JFK is improving. still would trade him.

6) F the habs. bring it.

Eichel is turning into an unstoppable force...they are torching every team this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad