Post-Game Talk: GAME 33 - B's get sabrered - Buffalo 4 BRUINS 2 - On to Poutineville

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I think we may be looking at the end of the line for this window guys. Management seems to think so and perhaps its time to embrace the end and start moving on from these core players. Even with Bergeron back this team is no match for most playoff teams in the East and the price seems too high for Sweeney to want to address the annual black hole on the 2nd line. Like others pointed out, Skinner was there for the taking and he gambled on Heinen instead. Whoops.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think we may be looking at the end of the line for this window guys. Management seems to think so and perhaps its time to embrace the end and start moving on from these core players. Even with Bergeron back this team is no match for most playoff teams in the East and the price seems too high for Sweeney to want to address the annual black hole on the 2nd line. Like others pointed out, Skinner was there for the taking and he gambled on Heinen instead. Whoops.

What?

We lost by 1 to Tampa, beat Toronto and then barley lost to Buffalo & Pittsburgh....all without 3 key pieces of this team.

I really don't understand the pessimist crowd here. Its actually rather annoying.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
when fans invest this much emotion in a game... and spends billions of dollars every year to support the business

you simply MUST find a way to have better officiating.

if they are willing to take 10 mins to decide if a skate was on the ice or an inch in the air ( AND THATS TO TAKE AWAY A GOAL LOL) then all this crap about an official intending to INCORRECTLY PREMATURELY MISTAKENLY blow a play dead HAS TO BE ADDRESSED

i mean... that is their argument right? i was going to be wrong, so since i intended to be wrong we have to follow through. not only was i wrong but i was incompetent too. i meant to incorrectly blow the whistle but i failed. still... no sense trying to fix it. i tried to be wrong, so give me a second chance so i can screw the fans over

bruins played well enough to win today... put enough pucks in the goal to get the job done... but once again officiating screwed us over

do better nhl... do better
I don’t think the officiating had a whole lot to do with this loss . Bruins gave the Sabres too many looks . Yeah the Bruins got there chances but Buffalo looked dangerous for a lot of the game . Bruins are just bad in all respects now and now that the goalies aren’t standing on there heads they aren’t winning .

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
As much as the loss sucks, it took 2-3 amazing savings and a blown call by the refs for the B's to lose that game lol.

If Ullmark doesn't save Donato's first goal, Buffalo doesn't take the puck down and score. With a few bounces in our favor that game is a 4-2 Bruins win. Not bad considering Buffalo is a apparently playing some of their best hockey and were without Bergeron, Chara, DeBrusk lol.

Also not too concerned with Buffalo. If Eichel isn't carrying that team, they are dead in the water.

And if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle. You can play that game all night.

The Sabres right now are in 2nd place overtaking Toronto and on top of that played last night in a game that went to a shoot-out and this was their 3rd game in 4 nights. You may not be to worried about them but the Bruins should be.

Reactions: Dr Hook and Hali33

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Mgmt has fiddled around and wasted years of this core already. It better realize that after the window for this core is up then the pickins is slim to replace the likes of Marchy, Bergy, and Krejci. Throw in the fact that Pasta will be useless without a great center. All the stockpiled players in the system won't be good enough to get the job done once the current core is gone. Better strike while the iron is hot, but then again I've been saying this for several years now. Hope everyone enjoys a round or two of playoffs again this season.

Reactions: smithformeragent

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
And if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle. You can play that game all night.

The Sabres right now are in 2nd place overtaking Toronto and on top of that played last night in a game that went to a shoot-out and this was their 3rd game in 4 nights. You may not be to worried about them but the Bruins should be.

Sorry, just not into the panicking thing like some around here lol. Again outside of Eichel carrying his line, there wasn't anything that impressive about Buffalo.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
What?

We lost by 1 to Tampa, beat Toronto and then barley lost to Buffalo & Pittsburgh....all without 3 key pieces of this team.

I really don't understand the pessimist crowd here. Its actually rather annoying.

I’m guessing the teams strength is somewhere between the total pessimists and the sunshine and lollipop fans.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don’t think the officiating had a whole lot to do with this loss . Bruins gave the Sabres too many looks . Yeah the Bruins got there chances but Buffalo looked dangerous for a lot of the game . Bruins are just bad in all respects now and now that the goalies aren’t standing on there heads they aren’t winning .

I think the main difference is the Bruins are lacking the ability to finish. Their wining more than they lose because they work hard and are pretty sound defensively.

It would be really nice to see them add another true sniper, because that would make them as good as anyone.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Mgmt has fiddled around and wasted years of this core already. It better realize that after the window for this core is up then the pickins is slim to replace the likes of Marchy, Bergy, and Krejci. Throw in the fact that Pasta will be useless without a great center. All the stockpiled players in the system won't be good enough to get the job done once the current core is gone. Better strike while the iron is hot, but then again I've been saying this for several years now. Hope everyone enjoys a round or two of playoffs again this season.

Might not make the playoffs not careful

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
What?

Okay so you believe this current lineup can actually win a series against Tampa Bay? Honestly? 2nd line scoring isn't being solved internally and last playoffs it wasn't much of a series. I love that top line but the others aren't able to score. Sweeney appears to be hoping that the year he gives the kids will have one of them step up and find his scoring touch. That indicates to me that he is content with the current situation; a wildcard team that will fight tooth and nail to win a playoff series just like last year.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Sorry, just not into the panicking thing like some around here lol. Again outside of Eichel carrying his line, there wasn't anything that impressive about Buffalo.

im with you. plenty of season left. we will finsh 3rd in the division most likely.

still if cehlarik is in this lineup instead of cave we wouldve had 4 points this weekend instead of 0.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
a few things:

1) the trade freeze is the 19th, so 1 more game to go for that (we know nothing is happening, though).

2) jack eichel will never have a 4-point game against us with both bergeron and chara dressed.

3) how many times are we gonna get hosed by the refs?

4) credit to ullmark, he was very good.

5) JFK is improving. still would trade him.

6) F the habs. bring it.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Okay so you believe this current lineup can actually win a series against Tampa Bay? Honestly? 2nd line scoring isn't being solved internally and last playoffs it wasn't much of a series. I love that top line but the others aren't able to score. Sweeney appears to be hoping that the year he gives the kids will have one of them step up and find his scoring touch. That indicates to me that he is content with the current situation; a wildcard team that will fight tooth and nail to win a playoff series just like last year.

Current line-up or healthy line-up? I ask because that's two different answers.

Current (w/ injuries) - In a 7 game series no. They can stay competitive, but the bottom 6 would be an issue

Healthy - I think we could hang with anyone in the East outside of Washington lol.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Current (w/ injuries) - In a 7 game series no. They can stay competitive, but the bottom 6 would be an issue

Healthy - I think we could hang with anyone in the East outside of Washington lol.

Tampa destroyed them last year in 5 games and are better this year.Bruins G M does not find help no chance.And its looking like a wildcard maybe and facing them or Wash right away barring big turnaround in play.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Cam14b

Jan 8, 2018
I can live with the fact that we are missing 2 of our top 4 goal scorers, but for the life of me cany understand why Cave and Accari are playing and we struggle to score goals. JFK is proving to be a good young player with offensive skills.
Donato was snake bitten but I can't imagine Cehlarik or Schennzan (horrible spelling) or Bjork would have a better chance to put one in. Management does think these guys can score then trade some combo of them with Lauzon, Grezlyk, Zoboril fir a frigging wing that can put one in the net....

Also why 44 on defense late instead of 73??

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Credit it them for hanging in there and treading water with injuries but they need help up front to make any kind of noise this season. There’s flashes of strength but overall they’ve looked like a big step back from last year. Luckily the teams behind them have been struggling and no one’s been a real threat to knock them out of their WC spot yet. I think a top 6 forward would make a big difference but they also need a better option at 3C to really compete with the depth of contenders, IMO.

Strong goalie tandem has been keeping them in every game though which is a positive and despite some ugly moments, the depth of our defense despite injuries has been noticeable.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
If somehow we can replace heinen with a guy like toffoli I truly believe we in business . It's that simple. I do like heinen but he's not a true sniper. We need more sure shots on this team.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

See that's where we disagree and thats just fine for me. I think this healthy team has been less effective and has more problem scoring than last years team. I also believe Toronto, Buffalo, Montreal and Tampa Bay have all improved on their teams over last year and that the Bruins have regressed. So if the better Bruins team last year couldn't keep up with the Lightning last year and now the Lightning are better than before, I don't see it as a close series or 'hanging with' at all.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
JFK was good, Heinen was not. And looking at Heinen's play this season, he didn't show anything except that pretty goal against Toronto. I don't know what his value is, but if there is some reasonable package you put him in that gets you a good top 6 winger, go for it.

Actually, that line was probably the best for Boston tonight. I find it humorous that Heinen gets singled out, when not only did he have several good chances, he also set Donato up several times, who didn’t finish. In addition, Donato gives a freaking lame effort on a penalty shot attempt. Yet, I don’t see anyone including him in every trade proposal that comes down the pike :huh:

It’s a problem when two rookies and a second year guy are the team’s best line in a game. Marchand and Pasta were MIA again and Pasta had a number of bad turnovers. When a team is missing two Top 6 F’s, you need secondary scoring, but you also need your best players to be your best players.

They weren’t.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad