Post-Game Talk: GAME 33 - B's get sabrered - Buffalo 4 BRUINS 2 - On to Poutineville

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
You picking and choosing what you see and/or what you hear to fit a particular agenda isn’t anything new for you, so this is an expected response.

And what is my agenda. Picking on the immortal Rask? Him and the back up did not help matters over the last few games. So the coach was 100% correct in saying they were outgoaltendered .

That what he said unless I heard differently?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Credit it them for hanging in there and treading water with injuries but they need help up front to make any kind of noise this season. There’s flashes of strength but overall they’ve looked like a big step back from last year. Luckily the teams behind them have been struggling and no one’s been a real threat to knock them out of their WC spot yet. I think a top 6 forward would make a big difference but they also need a better option at 3C to really compete with the depth of contenders, IMO.

Strong goalie tandem has been keeping them in every game though which is a positive and despite some ugly moments, the depth of our defense despite injuries has been noticeable.

This year has been brutal as far as the injuries go. I agree with you that they have done a good job hanging in. Time for Sweeney to cash in a couple of chips to get them some help.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
As a fan I will still root hard as long as the team works hard. That's something this group does for sure.

Its on management not the players. He's given the core guys that are healthy no chance. The Coach staff have worked miracles with this line up. Time for the GM to step up and do his job.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
As a fan I will still root hard as long as the team works hard. That's something this group does for sure.

Its on management not the players. He's given the core guys that are healthy no chance. The Coach staff have worked miracles with this line up. Time for the GM to step up and do his job.

.633 rest of the way to get to 100 points :dunno:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
See that's where we disagree and thats just fine for me. I think this healthy team has been less effective and has more problem scoring than last years team. I also believe Toronto, Buffalo, Montreal and Tampa Bay have all improved on their teams over last year and that the Bruins have regressed. So if the better Bruins team last year couldn't keep up with the Lightning last year and now the Lightning are better than before, I don't see it as a close series or 'hanging with' at all.

Last year was last year, this year is this year. Head to head this season vs all the teams you've mentioned, along with our goal diff

TBL: 0-1-0 (-1)
TOR: 2-1-0 (+5)
BUF: 1-1-0 (+2)
MTL: 1-1-0 (-2)
Total: 4-4-0 (+4)

So were playing .500 hockey against those team, but have a positive goal diff and have done it with more injuries than any other team in the league. We've actually yet to ice a fully line-up the entire season, which is insane on its own.

If you don't feel like we can compete, that's your perspective and you're more than welcome to it.

Reactions: Jdavidev

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Actually, that line was probably the best for Boston tonight. I find it humorous that Heinen gets singled out, when not only did he have several good chances, he also set Donato up several times, who didn’t finish. In addition, Donato gives a freaking lame effort on a penalty shot attempt. Yet, I don’t see anyone including him in every trade proposal that comes down the pike :huh:

It’s a problem when two rookies and a second year guy are the team’s best line in a game. Marchand and Pasta were MIA again and Pasta had a number of bad turnovers. When a team is missing two Top 6 F’s, you need secondary scoring, but you also need your best players to be your best players.

They weren’t.

Ya I thought the JFK line was fine. Donato's offensive creativity it starting to shine through, JFK seems to be getting better each game and Heinen has started to bring a bit of a heavier game (well as heavy as can be for a guy his size lol). I'd like to see that Trio stay together when Bergy returns and let them be you're 3rd line. That line could have had multiple goals the past few games, just didn't get the bounces.

Reactions: wintersej

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Actually, that line was probably the best for Boston tonight. I find it humorous that Heinen gets singled out, when not only did he have several good chances, he also set Donato up several times, who didn’t finish. In addition, Donato gives a freaking lame effort on a penalty shot attempt. Yet, I don’t see anyone including him in every trade proposal that comes down the pike :huh:

It’s a problem when two rookies and a second year guy are the team’s best line in a game. Marchand and Pasta were MIA again and Pasta had a number of bad turnovers. When a team is missing two Top 6 F’s, you need secondary scoring, but you also need your best players to be your best players.

They weren’t.

" Come-on". You can't throw hate at Donato's either. I mean the kid has come along way since his return , he's gotten more physical and is being a lot more composed. I think its just a matter of time before he breaks through with a two goal game and keeps it rolling.

As far as that PK attempt. I think it was him trying to do to much, more than anything, he actually faked himself out.

JFK/Heinen and Donato will make one hell of a third line. Their playing hard and when Bergy and DeBrusuk gets back and if the FO can get their shit together and bring in another scoring threat, the Bruins will have a legit shot, and 3 lines that can be a scoring threat every time they hit the ice.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I only saw the very end of the game. Buffalo is not a fluke and Eichel usually plays well when he comes home.

4 games before Christmas and there are no gimmes. They need to stop the bleeding quickly.

upload_2018-12-16_20-55-36.png

Reactions: TCB

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Last year was last year, this year is this year. Head to head this season vs all the teams you've mentioned, along with our goal diff

TBL: 0-1-0 (-1)
TOR: 2-1-0 (+5)
BUF: 1-1-0 (+2)
MTL: 1-1-0 (-2)
Total: 4-4-0 (+4)

So were playing .500 hockey against those team, but have a positive goal diff and have done it with more injuries than any other team in the league. We've actually yet to ice a fully line-up the entire season, which is insane on its own.

If you don't feel like we can compete, that's your perspective and you're more than welcome to it.

Yeah I don't see it at all. I like their chances against Toronto if the Leafs don't add a defenseman but we all know that isn't happening. Tampa just seemed to toy with the Bruins and dominated the play. The score was flattering for the Bruins and I think most Bruins fans saw that.

Now if you reunited the top line and actually built a 2nd line with a 2nd line RW then perhaps the third line kids could score and provide depth and not be pushed into top six roles where they look out of place. Then maybe they could steal a game or two from the Lightning but that would require a real hot streak from this team that we haven't seen in a long time and a lot of puck luck.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
" Come-on". You can't throw hate at Donato's either. I mean the kid has come along way since his return , he's gotten more physical and is being a lot more composed. I think its just a matter of time before he breaks through with a two goal game and keeps it rolling.

As far as that PK attempt. I think it was him trying to do to much, more than anything, he actually faked himself out.

JFK/Heinen and Donato will make one hell of a third line. Their playing hard and when Bergy and DeBrusuk gets back and if the FO can get their **** together and bring another scoring threat, the Bruins will have a legit shot, and 3 lines that can be a scoring threat every time they hit the ice.

They created chances for themselves all game.

Reactions: TCB

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

JFK/Heinen and Donato will make one hell of a third line. Their playing hard and when Bergy and DeBrusuk gets back and if the FO can get their **** together and bring another scoring threat, the Bruins will have a legit shot, and 3 lines that can be a scoring threat every time they hit the ice.

You completely missed the point of the post. Which was that I don’t understand why Heinen plays a very good game, doesn’t finish on one play and he’s getting shipped out of town. Donato was set up a couple of times by Heinen and didn’t convert on a penalty shot and there is crickets.

HF Logic.

I have nothing against Donato and think he’s been better since his return. I’m just pointing out an inconsistency. I do think it would have been better for his development if he spent the whole year in PRO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad