Post-Game Talk: GAME #31 - Canucks @ Kings - March 23, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
because schneider is a better goalie than luongo

Luongo has had a hot streak this season, which was longer than 3 games btw, and now Schneider is finding his game after being mediocre to average all season. But you're right, it's all about 'What have you done for me lately?' on this board. :shakehead

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Everyone's so surprised we're winning with this lineup, but you're really underestimating how awesome the Hansen/Schroeder/Raymond line is. Even when Kesler/Booth/Kassian come back they should stay together....would be criminal to split them up now.

Though 13 shots? Haha, whens the last time we had that little?

It'll prob be Kes higgy Kass

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Lots of credit to this Hansen-Schroeder-Raymond second line. They're keeping our heads above water during some pretty trying circumstances.

Its not the best second line we've ever rolled out, but it is a second line, something we haven't had for most of this season.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
AV is finally coaching a team that has the skill level that he is comfortable with. :sarcasm:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Seeing how well the line of Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen are playing together, it could be hard to break them up once Kesler is back.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Sestito - Lapierre - Weise
Pinizzotto

goodluckchuck

Apr 22, 2012
Luongo didn't look happy when they kept showing his face on tv.

IF he does play tomorrow, he better be more than perfect, or it'll be Schneid the rest of the season.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Luongo has had a hot streak this season, which was longer than 3 games btw, and now Schneider is finding his game after being mediocre to average all season. But you're right, it's all about 'What have you done for me lately?' on this board. :shakehead

He's more athletic, better technically, doesn't show up his teammates, doesn't say stupid things in the media and he's consistently made a higher percentage of saves for 3 seasons now. That's why he's the better goalie, not the last 3 games.

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
Lots of credit to this Hansen-Schroeder-Raymond second line. They're keeping our heads above water during some pretty trying circumstances.

Its not the best second line we've ever rolled out, but it is a second line, something we haven't had for most of this season.

I'm a Devils fan so I don't see the Canucks a lot, but that line stood out to me today. Hansen looked like he gave one of the best efforts of every player on the ice.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Seeing how well the line of Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen are playing together, it could be hard to break them up once Kesler is back.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Sestito - Lapierre - Weise
Pinizzotto

This is what I hope for.

The speed of this third line could really be a game changer - just like today.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
I'm a Devils fan so I don't see the Canucks a lot, but that line stood out to me today. Hansen looked like he gave one of the best efforts of every player on the ice.

Hansen does this every game. It's whats made him a fan favourite. 12pts in last 12 games :handclap::handclap:

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Good to hear. I don't always have the best objectively when I'm screaming profanity at my monitor, so its good to have an outside perspective confirm some thoughts. :)

Hansen is easily the hardest worker on the team. Very tenacious, and has transformed himself into a top six forward with the oppurtunity he's given.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
This is what I hope for.

The speed of this third line could really be a game changer - just like today.

I think that third line would dominate other third lines, they were matching up against the Richards line and played well today

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but our 3 game winning streak coincides with Jordan Schroeder's 3 game point streak.

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007
Burrows with a stupid penalty that could have cost the team but thankfully didn't.

Wouldn't mind he spent some time on the 4th line for abit.

Too bad there's no one that could take his spot with the Sedins ATM.

would like to see the play again

if he grabbed him then it was a dumb mistake....but it looked like Brown skated to burrows and maybe grabbed him.....ie reverse dive from brown

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
We should all remember this when we go and criticize other teams and their systems like Phoenix, Nashville etc.
Canucks did use two forecheckers in the third period, so they didn't actually 'trap' it up. More Sutter's doing, I think.

I hope its a sign the coaching staff realizing the team plays better by being actively tenacious.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
He's more athletic, better technically, doesn't show up his teammates, doesn't say stupid things in the media and he's consistently made a higher percentage of saves for 3 seasons now. That's why he's the better goalie, not the last 3 games.

While I agree with you in general, we're not going to really know how he will pan out until he shows he can handle a true starter's workload.

Having said that, I think there is a 95% chance his past performance will carry over into a 60+ game workload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad