Post-Game Talk: GAME #29 - Canucks 3 vs. Blues 2 Part II - "More TSN Coverage Please "

yoss

May 25, 2011
Schneider for one of the first times this year reminded me of last season form. Good show Schneids. If it wasn't for those first period goaltending heroics game could have had a different look to it entirely.

yoss

May 25, 2011
This third period protect a lead from hell has to stop though. I can't handle watching it, just ****ing play. Dump and change, dump and change. IT DOESN'T WORK!!! As evidenced by prior games, seems pretty obvious to me anyways. So frustrating.

Good win though.

dps

Nov 30, 2011
Thank ****. I'd hate to see how the D plays for an extended period of time without Tanev. That kid is a ****in rock.

That second period was probably the Canucks' best period of the year, would be nice to see them put forth 60 minutes of that kind of effort.

A few minutes into the 3rd I was just shaking my head because it became very apparent they were just going to try and defend the lead. Sure enough the Blues got it within 1. A bitter sweet win to be sure.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
I have faith in Schroeder you could tell he was playing a bit tense the first few games up since he knows there's pressure on him to produce and be good defensively. I'm glad he's showing his offensive flare. Had a great chance in the slot but he fanned. As long as he keeps it up, the kid will be fine.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
It wasn't his only contribution, but it was absolutely one of them. He's shouting 'deep' every time the team gets to the red line, so I don't know how anyone can dispute it.

Is that what he's shouting every time??? Jesus. I wasn't sure for the longest time! He just sounded like a barbarian everytime.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Schneider was fantastic, Hansen with a beauty, Raymond played well, Edler looked solid... thanks Nonis!

And the Sedins were up to their old tricks. Much needed win.

L4cer8

Mar 27, 2012
Arizona
Still not sure if it's AV's horrible 3rd period adjustments that make us look like ass, or that this team has many members who are out of shape. We cannot play a complete game to save our lives.

StringerBell

Schneider was fantastic, Hansen with a beauty, Raymond played well, Edler looked solid... thanks Nonis!

And the Sedins were up to their old tricks. Much needed win.

No love for Schroeder and Garrison tonight? They both played outstanding games. I guess that doesn't fit with your narrative though.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I don't know how you could praise Edler after a game like this and not even mention Garrison. Leading the D for what has now been around 15 games.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
I don't know how you could praise Edler after a game like this and not even mention Garrison. Leading the D for what has now been around 15 games.

Garrison was quietly very good, and I have a slight Edler bias (he's my favourite player :p:) so that's how.

I just like pointing out that Edler played a good game, since everyone likes to ***** about him.

Everyone on our D corps was solid except for Hamhuis and Bieksa who have been junk defensively all season.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

I want to see what this D is like with Hamhuis and Bieksa returning to form. Should be excellent. Able to go up against anyone corps and fair well. Garrison is pushing this D to another level even if other Dmen refuse to join him...

The ability to move to the right side and still play this well is fantastic. It changes things in a big way for this club.

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
I want to see what this D is like with Hamhuis and Bieksa returning to form. Should be excellent. Able to go up against anyone corps and fair well. Garrison is pushing this D to another level even if other Dmen refuse to join him...

The ability to move to the right side and still play this well is fantastic. It changes things in a big way for this club.

But I thought Garrison was terrible and a potential buy out candidate? Does this mean that maybe just maybe people should have some patience?

Nahh

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Looking forward to this one - I get to be the ticket holder fan of the game. Getting a signed Daniel jersey and some other perks, I am simply assuming my great day will conclude in a win, and the Canucks will go on to dominate the rest of the season and the playoffs as a result of my inspiration.

My quote from some 10 hours ago. Just got back from the game and had an incredible time. So far MY effect on the Canucks is working perfectly.

And it is amazing to read a few of the comments on here, and compare them to the pre-game comments. Apparently the falling sky is now climbing to the heavens .... once again ....

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
I'd also like to add that Garrison wouldn't be so frustrating to watch if he'd hit the net once in a while. I'm pretty sure these past two days his on net % must be like 5% at most.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Schneider looked great, Twins back to the form we saw in that LA game.. Raymond and Hansen have been awesome aswell. Garrison has been great for about 10-15 games now while Edler has finally put together a stretch where he's respectable consistently, if only he could do it on the PP.

Schroeder looked good but can you picture him going against the 3C's of Chicago/LA? If he can produce offence enough for us to get into the post season I'll be satisfied but MG has got to get a 3C soon.. Buff is not moving Ott and Roy might cost a lot..

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Missed the 3rd period - sounds like I didn't miss much.

First period was all Schneider; nice to see him look so studly, and then for the team to return the favour with a terrific second period.

Surprise, surprise, Schroeder with a solid showing with some better linemates, although it was an ironic twist that Weise was the one he set up with that beauty. He had a few other solid plays and chances.

Sucky news about Kassian. Kind of starting to feel like Hodgson all over again (just the chronic back issues before they were sorted out, nothing more)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad