Post-Game Talk: GAME #29 - Canucks 3 vs. Blues 2 Part II - "More TSN Coverage Please "

M A K A V E L I*

They posted it on their own channel, TSNCanada. I suppose they want viewers to watch the video on their channel, which makes sense. It is their content, after all.

They don't have to be dbags about it though and contribute to people getting copyright strikes. It's all about money for them and they can just claim the content as theirs without the copyright strike. They get all the ad revenue from google by doing this. It's the same thing the NHL does by making money off all the people uploading their crap to youtube.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
sounds like Kassian isn't making the trip out for the next game, and Sestito might not play. We might be in need for another callup

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
sounds like Kassian isn't making the trip out for the next game, and Sestito might not play. We might be in need for another callup

XqQkEwo.jpg

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
They don't have to be dbags about it though and contribute to people getting copyright strikes. It's all about money for them and they can just claim the content as theirs without the copyright strike. They get all the ad revenue from google by doing this. It's the same thing the NHL does by making money off all the people uploading their crap to youtube.

Maybe you can make a backup account and tell your current subscribers to subscribe to that channel as well, via message/video so you can at least retain them (in case you get another strike that leads to your account being deleted).

StringerBell

Must be some Bruins fans working at The Sports Network.

JA

They made a copyright claim on videos posted to the CanucksVid channel as well. That channel has archived Sportsnet and TSN segments, mostly from Connected and SportsCentre, for a little while now. TSN has had their videos taken down:

CanucksVid posted this earlier today:

JA

Mak, do you make any money from user views on your channel?

I don't think you have to be a partner or monetize your videos in order to receive a copyright strike. Copyright holders can always ask to have content removed from another user's channel even if it's for non-profit. If anyone recalls the "Life in Technicolor" controversy from the summer of 2010, the TimeLapseHD channel took down several videos using footage from its uploads. The owner then charged $4,000 in order for the "Life in Technicolor" uploader to keep his video online. Instead, the Life in Technicolor video creator had help from other YouTubers and found alternative timelapse footage; he also improved the video by adding a new introduction.

There will always be those who ask to have their content removed from YouTube. They have the right to do so, so it's tough to complain about it. It is their material, and while some would permit the usage of their material in creative projects, others won't. The key would be to always ask in advance for permission to use that footage before incorporating it into one's work.

In Mak's case, nothing can be done about the TSN uploads. He'll just simply have to stop posting videos from TSN, as they seems to be clamping down on videos uploaded by YouTube members. I would recommend keeping it safe by avoiding TSN altogether aside from game highlights. If TSN hasn't noticed yet, they may begin to notice now.

I see that this has been posted. Good decision, Mak:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad