Draftin Europe pre-U18s Ranking (top 2 rounds)

Draftin Europe

@draftin_europe
Oct 21, 2017
Hello everyone,

we released days ago our updated list for the 2024 Entry Draft:

1714310773818.png

This ranking includes all players (22) that got assigned top-2 round value in our overall projection heading into the U18 World Championships.

As usual, and probably even more so than in most years, our list looks quite different from the current consensus, and especially different from Central Scouting final list.

Looking forward to feedback and questions. If you'll find some rankings odd I will make an effort to explain the reasoning behind them.

Also, we talked a bunch of these players in the Amateur Scouting Europe U18s Preview free podcast, but obviously we can discuss them here as well (even more so if anything in those talks doesn't come out clear).

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wow, lots of movement from the mid terms. I like it! I think you are the first guy i've seen to lower Jiricek's ranking by so much, and i appreciate it. I don't see how he can maintain a high ranking if he hasn't played, while others are.

Also like you ranking Helenius(one of my favorites) over Silayev, even though i know that Silayev will be in demand by NHL, GM's due to his size. It's pretty easy to envision plugging him into a top 4 role in the NHL. Also intrigued by Pettersson over MBN. Need to hear more.

Draftin Europe

@draftin_europe
Oct 21, 2017
Wow, lots of movement from the mid terms. I like it! I think you are the first guy i've seen to lower Jiricek's ranking by so much, and i appreciate it. I don't see how he can maintain a high ranking if he hasn't played, while others are.
A couple of needed clarifications here.

There actually wasn't much movement from our mid-term list:
so maybe you got us mixed up with a different source?
But I'm pretty sure there will be more movement from this latest list to our final ranking (which will be much deeper, obviously).

As for Jiricek, he was already there a couple of months ago as you can see here above. His play in Extraliga was the reason behind it rather than him not playing.

Hopefully that doesn't disappoint you :)

Also like you ranking Helenius(one of my favorites) over Silayev, even though i know that Silayev will be in demand by NHL, GM's due to his size. It's pretty easy to envision plugging him into a top 4 role in the NHL. Also intrigued by Pettersson over MBN. Need to hear more.
It was very tight between them going into April international action.
Two things going for Pettersson ahead of MBN were his position and the fact we feel like he has more developing left from a physical standpoint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad