Post-Game Talk: GAME #29 - Canucks 3 vs. Blues 2 Part II - "More TSN Coverage Please "

erik19

May 1, 2006
got bumped to the 2nd line after that sick pass, I'd say Schroeder's stock went up

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
So I basically missed the entire 1st and 2nd period

Frankiedarling

Jan 27, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Canucks so badly need a top pairing shut down defenseman type. I heard Suter played 20 minutes in the final 2 periods last night. You need those type of guys in the playoffs - the Canucks don't have one.

Still way too much of a firedrill too often in their own end.

Hammer.

If he had more offensive tools, he'd win a Norris. Not even kidding.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Canucks so badly need a top pairing shut down defenseman type. I heard Suter played 20 minutes in the final 2 periods last night. You need those type of guys in the playoffs - the Canucks don't have one.

Still way too much of a firedrill too often in their own end.

Yeah, and when that one guy gets injured ... well, maybe it's better to win by committee.

The Canucks have the horses, they just need to learn how to work together. When the team plays like a freaking team, they look extremely good. Unfortunately this season it happens for like 5 minutes at a stretch.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Canucks should work with Garrison on his stride. He could be a legit all-around top pairing D that can play both sides if he just had better speed to jump up into play and get back. His lateral movement is actually pretty good so that's not so much a problem.

We're talking about shutdown capacity here. Talking purely D-zone, he's top 10 in the NHL.

Not with the way he's playing this year. Suter is still better in his own zone and always has been.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
My complaints about this game:

Hamhuis and Bieksa are awful. Just completely awful. Hamhuis can't shoot, and is super slow. Bieksa just stands there and doesn't do anything useful.

Alain Vigneault is stupid. 20 minutes left and you tell them to dump the puck in at the center line and surrender the puck every play?

Are you sure that is what AV is telling them?
From my viewpoint it looks like when other teams turn up the heat our team starts running around in their own end and can barely get the puck out to center.
On the Berglund post Edler had a chance to put it deep and turned it over to the defenceman. Hamhuis made a similar play. Too bad Tanev was hurt as he and Garrison seem to be the only two calm defenders back there.

LolClarkson*

My complaints about this game:

Hamhuis and Bieksa are awful. Just completely awful. Hamhuis can't shoot, and is super slow. Bieksa just stands there and doesn't do anything useful.

Alain Vigneault is stupid. 20 minutes left and you tell them to dump the puck in at the center line and surrender the puck every play?

With one of the worst lineups in the decade, it was the right thing to do.

No Kesler,Booth,Kassian or Tanev.

What exactly was the lines in the last half of the 3rd ...

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
why do ppl keep questioning whether AV asks them to sit back during the 3rd period, do you guys not hear his trademark "DEEEEEP" holler everytime someone crosses center ice

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Schroeder had some good jump both this game and last game. Hope he can keep this up!

He played really well. Helped win a puck battle on Hansens goal and the pass to weise. Hopefully he he finds his shot but good game. Hopefully he can keep it up though i would like a replacement for this year Schoeder has shown to be a good fill in for short periods. If these periods get longer and longer.

Not sure if AV tells his forwards not to skate or they do that on their own, either way it needs to stop. You stay strong on the puck defending a lead you do not just float around conserving energy. Awin is a win and this team neede one.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
With one of the worst lineups in the decade, it was the right thing to do.

No Kesler,Booth,Kassian or Tanev.

What exactly was the lines in the last half of the 3rd ...

schroder double shifts with raymond+hansen plus seisto+weise. pinny with the twins.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Are you sure that is what AV is telling them?
From my viewpoint it looks like when other teams turn up the heat our team starts running around in their own end and can barely get the puck out to center.
On the Berglund post Edler had a chance to put it deep and turned it over to the defenceman. Hamhuis made a similar play. Too bad Tanev was hurt as he and Garrison seem to be the only two calm defenders back there.

This is a trend.

Most teams are prone to panicking under high pressure. However, this is much more evident than just under pressure.

Post note: I thought Edler played very well.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Canucks should work with Garrison on his stride. He could be a legit all-around top pairing D that can play both sides if he just had better speed to jump up into play and get back. His lateral movement is actually pretty good so that's not so much a problem.

Yes and no. I think part of it is his willingness to jump up. Errs on the side of caution too much IMO.

But yes, if he did correct that part of his game, whether through improved straight line speed and/or will to jump, he would be a very versatile top pair guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad