GDT: Game 23 - Avs @ Preds LOL 6:00pm MT - Rock Paper Sissons

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Jesus we are only three points behind Nashville with a game in hand. And we've played so many games on the road so far.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs have a really nice home stand coming up soon. Good chance at putting up some points.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
It's weird EJ does not look physically off, but maybe being a touch slower has made the game faster for him, and forces him to make quicker decisions that exposes his hockey IQ a bit.

Hopefully it's just a funk, and not the anti EJ crowd being right this ****ing early lol.

Edit...

I do have another theory though. EJ has been the OFD (yeah I know not great at it but) for a long time on his pairing. Hes not used to playing with someone like Girard who is all over the place, and inexperienced. He might be struggling getting used to playing his role. If that is all it his he should figure it out as the year goes on, and Girard gets more experience.

I agree. EJ is used to rushing the puck up the ice and using his physical abilities to dominate a game. He isn't the "steady as you go" defensive D that is always in the "conservative" position. I'm not gonna complain though, he's still a good player.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I agree. EJ is used to rushing the puck up the ice and using his physical abilities to dominate a game. He isn't the "steady as you go" defensive D that is always in the "conservative" position. I'm not gonna complain though, he's still a good player.
He seems indecisive and gets caught way more than he used to.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Slow down! I wouldn't call us serious contenders. Could we have a Cinderella run? Maybe
I disagree, last year you could consider us a Cinderella but after making the playoffs I think that most people consider us a very good to great team. Just my opinion, also I think I'm going the exact speed I should be going if any thing I will speed up :naughty:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
He seems indecisive and gets caught way more than he used to.

Well when your caught between two mindsets... Maybe it's better we have this transition now though since Girard is actually doing well in this role like f***ing 3 years before he should be.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I disagree, last year you could consider us a Cinderella but after making the playoffs I think that most people consider us a very good to great team. Just my opinion, also I think I'm going the exact speed I should be going if any thing I will speed up :naughty:
I'm just hesitant to call us a contender. Add Makar / Kaut / Timmins / OTT 1st and we will be much closer.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
7-0-1 in our last 8 games and Jost has 7 pts in that stretch since coming back.

Jost has been an important reason. He plays 200 feet and recently has more offensive punch as well. When he was out was when the Avs had their brief collapse.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I wonder if Jost was playing with some sort of injury before his time off. He is so much better since his comeback.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Told yall! So worried, just need to put a drink in my hand and a girl around my shoulder and we'll win games.

I've worn the same shirt for the entire win streak. Thank god it's not also dependent on being washed or not. For the first two periods tonight it was in the wash/dryer. I got it on in the second intermission, and wahlah.

We're all contributing in our own ways lol.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Jost going to the second PP unit might be a demotion on paper but it's also a much better spot for him. He actually has the puck on his stick now and can make plays. This was supposed to be one of his strengths coming in but we've never really seen it yet because of injuries and his role.

Ghetto is playing limited 4th line minutes so I don't blame him for a lack of production but if this is the only role available for him then there's probably not a need for him to be in the lineup. I like him but he's not going to help you much in other areas and he no longer has his spot on the second PP unit either.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Jost going to the second PP unit might be a demotion on paper but it's also a much better spot for him. He actually has the puck on his stick now and can make plays. This was supposed to be one of his strengths coming in but we've never really seen it yet because of injuries and his role.

Ghetto is playing limited 4th line minutes so I don't blame him for a lack of production but if this is the only role available for him then there's probably not a need for him to be in the lineup. I like him but he's not going to help you much in other areas and he no longer has his spot on the second PP unit either.
As far as im concerned there is no "2nd unit" I honestly cant recall the last time we had two PP units that were producing at this rate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad