GDT: Game 23 - Avs @ Preds LOL 6:00pm MT - Rock Paper Sissons

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I really don't think anybody would take on EJ's contract and give real value back... IMO ride it out until it becomes an issue. If he won't waive the NMC for the expansion draft, or if the cap hit becomes a burden, buy him out then.

Thankfully it's "only" 6M per. The contract is four years after this season and I expect he will be playing at least mid pairing level for three years of that time period. During the last year(s) of his contract cap should be noticeably higher than it's now. It might look bad contract by then but nothing crippling. It was very fair deal for both sides when he signed the deal and it still looks that way to me.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Thankfully it's "only" 6M per. The contract is four years after this season and I expect he will be playing at least mid pairing level for three years of that time period. During the last year(s) of his contract cap should be noticeably higher than it's now. It might look bad contract by then but nothing crippling. It was very fair deal for both sides when he signed the deal and it still looks that way to me.

It will likely be fine, but if there ever is an issue with cap room or the NMC... seems prime for a buy out IF either becomes an issue.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Remember when we wanted to decline penalties because our PP was so terrible? Good times.

Who is going to take over as the #1D if EJ starts to late this season or next?

Reactions: BrickAHL

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
IMO the Avs are just a couple pieces away from being a contender though... get the Avs a high end #2C and a top pairing defensemen and I think they could go toe to toe with anybody in the West right now. The latter is almost impossible to trade for without really hurting the team, so the Avs will have to all-in bet on Makar being that guy and soonish (within a few seasons). The #2C spot can be had whenever the Avs want to push for it.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
The Avs aren't a legit contender but the first line makes them a dark horse. It's just so hard to get out of the central.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Avs are contenders now

We are not contenders. Not even close. Jesus:laugh:

tenor.gif

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Preds and Jets would still smack us in a 7 game series, going toe to toe with them every second night for two weeks. We wouldn’t last.
I disagree and when we win the central and President's trophy this year you will change your mind . Among a host of other reasons I've no interest in typing right now but everyone has their own opinion and that's great .

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I disagree and when we win the central and President's trophy this year you will change your mind . Among a host of other reasons I've no interest in typing right now but everyone has their own opinion and that's great .
It probably would be a good idea to pump the breaks on presidents trophy talk :laugh:

I’ll be disappointed if we don’t make the playoffs, but that’s where my expectations lie. Once we are there, who know what could happen. Our top line and a hot Varly could win us the cup if things work out perfectly.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

"I disagree. Here's a ridiculous refute that I can't and won't attempt to justify."

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
It probably would be a good idea to pump the breaks on presidents trophy talk :laugh:

I’ll be disappointed if we don’t make the playoffs, but that’s where my expectations lie. Once we are there, who know what could happen. Our top line and a hot Varly could win us the cup if things work out perfectly.

Well maybe but this is something I believe.
Best line in the league
One of the best d cores
One of the best goalies
Best special teams combined / which is huge
Fastest team
One of best coaching / Bennett has been fantastic for the pp
As deep at center or deeper than any Western team
2 of the best player's in the game on the same team

Winning the central would be huge , meaning we wouldn't have to play the Preds or Jets 1st round

I don't think people are giving enough credit to the team . I mean if that doesn't make you a contender than what does ? Not to mention the Avs have tonnes of cap space and assets. We have yet to see how they will be used but the time is here guys. The Preds and Jets were just further along the path but we've definitely caught up . I'd be willing to bet if you asked Poile and Chevy if the Avs are a threat and a contender they'd agree we are. As this season goes along the media will start spewing this as well

member 116861

f*** the Preds and Jets, they don't have the 2 best players in the league on their team. Mikko and Nate cover a lot of holes and honestly there aren't too many holes these days.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Well maybe but this is something I believe.
Best line in the league
One of the best d cores
One of the best goalies
Best special teams combined / which is huge
Fastest team
One of best coaching / Bennett has been fantastic for the pp
As deep at center or deeper than any Western team
2 of the best player's in the game on the same team

lolwut?

**** the Preds and Jets, they don't have the 2 best players in the league on their team. Mikko and Nate cover a lot of holes and honestly there aren't too many holes these days.

I agree... f*** them... but they're still better than thus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->