GDT: Game 23 - Avs @ Preds LOL 6:00pm MT - Rock Paper Sissons

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Rantanen/MacKinnons P/GP has actually been going up for the last 2 weeks, not down as you would expect.

Rantanen is up to 1.67
MacKinnon is up to 1.54​

Reactions: Jayricho

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Ian Cole was a complete force out there, best player on the ice after Rinne. That win has to be most satisfying of the season by far.
I had Rinne and Mackinnon as the best players on the ice tonight but I hear ya about Cole. Cole was even deking guys out tonight. Made so many subtle but smart plays(except one) all night. Z is another guy who I thought had a solid game.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Not sure why the reluctance. Its not like Wilson is some sort of defensive dynamo and its not like Compher and Jost are liabilities defensively like last season. Plus putting Wilson with someone like Soda might give that line some more offense. Its time for Jared to let the Frat boys play.

Probably because that's 3 centers. Who would center the 4th line with Kam sitting today? But I don't think Kam should be sitting.

It should be

top line
Jost - Kerf - Compher
Nieto Soda - Wilson
Calvert Kam Andrighetto

Reactions: Youngblood29

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I had Rinne and Mackinnon as the best players on the ice tonight but I hear ya about Cole. Cole was even deking guys out tonight. Made so many subtle but smart plays(except one) all night. Z is another guy who I thought had a solid game.

Z can really step up when needed. I can't say I agree that paying him 4M long term would be a mistake.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Probably because that's 3 centers. Who would center the 4th line with Kam sitting today? But I don't think Kam should be sitting.

It should be

top line
Jost - Kerf - Compher
Nieto Soda - Wilson
Calvert Kam Andrighetto
I have no issues with that line combo. Ghetto adds skill to Kams line. Wilson adds good board work on Sodas line and he can pot the occasional goal. The Frat boys have chemistry with each other and it seems they can read off each other very well.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
My sense from seeing Bednar's gaze during his interview. You can see he really believes in his team. I think he truly believes the Avs are competitive and maturing enough to win the SC by the end of this season. Looking forward to tomorrow's game.

Reactions: BrickAHL

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Very satisfied with this win. Turtling or not
That most definitely wasn't Avs turtling and more Nashville upping the pace themselves, they're a damn good team for a reason.

You know I might have to retract that because on second thought MacKinnon looked like he was going to score every time he touched the puck. Okay new order for three stars of the game; 1st: MacKinnon 2nd: Rinne 3rd: Cole.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I have no issues with that line combo. Ghetto adds skill to Kams line. Wilson adds good board work on Sodas line and he can pot the occasional goal. The Frat boys have chemistry with each other and it seems they can read off each other very well.

Why Bednar hasn't moved Compher up may be the rubics cube question of the year right now. Especially after f***ing directly talking about it himself.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

Yeah, I saw Z make that correct decision when against 2 on 1, grabbing that puck but not clearing it out completely...never the less it was a good play.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Ian Cole was a complete force out there, best player on the ice after Rinne. That win has to be most satisfying of the season by far.

Most important players to the Avs this season, in order:

Rantanen
Mackinnon
Landeskog
Varly/Grubs
Cole
Soda
Barrie/Girard

Dude has been an absolute rock, and the crazy thing is he's actually getting better each game.

If Jost ever figures out how to get open more often he could be a 30 goal scorer. I have absolute respect for the kid and his work ethic though. It was a massive loss when he was injured.

I think he'll come around, maybe not a perennial 30 goal scorer but a constant 20+. With Jost and Compher back and finding their form, I'd be open to trading 'Ghetto to a desperate team like the Oilers and hope we can get a 3rd/4th rounder. I think Dries has already surpassed him in the bottom 6 and I feel confident enough that if in a pinch we can still call of O'Connor/Toninato/Greer.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It just seems like when hes asked to do more that he plays better. I mean in the playoffs last season with EJ out he filled in and did a tremendous job even helped out offensively. How did his fancy stats look tonight?

Someone else will have to answer that. I'm the last person to answer that question lol. TMV posted something I think where he was at the top of the list with 80+ % after the first or second period though.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I saw EJ throw one up the ice tonight right to a Pred for a glorious chance against. EJ has had alot of issues clearing pucks this season lol.

It's weird EJ does not look physically off, but maybe being a touch slower has made the game faster for him, and forces him to make quicker decisions that exposes his hockey IQ a bit.

Hopefully it's just a funk, and not the anti EJ crowd being right this f***ing early lol.

Edit...

I do have another theory though. EJ has been the OFD (yeah I know not great at it but) for a long time on his pairing. Hes not used to playing with someone like Girard who is all over the place, and inexperienced. He might be struggling getting used to playing his role. If that is all it his he should figure it out as the year goes on, and Girard gets more experience.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Rantanen
Mackinnon
Landeskog
Varly/Grubs
Cole
Soda
Barrie/Girard

Dude has been an absolute rock, and the crazy thing is he's actually getting better each game.

I think he'll come around, maybe not a perennial 30 goal scorer but a constant 20+. With Jost and Compher back and finding their form, I'd be open to trading 'Ghetto to a desperate team like the Oilers and hope we can get a 3rd/4th rounder. I think Dries has already surpassed him in the bottom 6.
I like it. Landeskog didnt get on the scoreboard tonight but the man put in work defensively tonight to the point where you take notice. Most nights its subtle but tonight it was noticeable. Solid game from the Captain.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

Rantanen
Mackinnon
Landeskog
Varly/Grubs
Cole
Soda
Barrie/Girard

I think he'll come around, maybe not a perennial 30 goal scorer but a constant 20+. With Jost and Compher back and finding their form, I'd be open to trading 'Ghetto to a desperate team like the Oilers and hope we can get a 3rd/4th rounder. I think Dries has already surpassed him in the bottom 6 and I feel confident enough that if in a pinch we can still call of O'Connor/Toninato/Greer.

I want to see some more of Jost Kerfoot Compher line. No need for Wilson on that line.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Avs have the least regulation losses in the league (6) tied with Buffalo

Yeah, we could have possibly be up 4 more points at least. With those 2 goals against Preds turned over and then the Calgary game that we just gave up in the 3rd period.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
It just seems like when hes asked to do more that he plays better. I mean in the playoffs last season with EJ out he filled in and did a tremendous job even helped out offensively. How did his fancy stats look tonight?
Z and Cole were the only D above 50%. EJ/Girard were between 35-40% and the third pair got destroyed. The third period skewed things a lot though.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad