Post-Game Talk: Game 20: Avalanche @ Ducks | 11/18/18 | 18:00 MT | 1,000th Franchise Win!

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I never said give up on him, but he sure as hell needs to be playing second fiddle at the moment as he hasn't looked anywhere close to as good as Varly this year.

And my counter to all of your stats over the past couple seasons is yes they look great, but he also had one hell of a good team in front of him, in fact that team was President's trophy good two years ago and Stanley Cup winners last year good. Now he doesn't have that kind of supporting cast, and the numbers have slipped.

He needs to prove that he can play at a high level when his team isn't one of the elite teams of the league. Which to this point this season he hasn't shown.
We just won a hockey game in a great come-from-behind fashion and the only thing you can do is bashing our goalie til the sun comes up. We get it, you don't like him. Get over it.

tenor.gif

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
We just won a hockey game in a great come-from-behind fashion and the only thing you can do is bashing our goalie til the sun comes up. We get it, you don't like him. Get over it.

tenor.gif
I'm happy with the result, nice to see the MacK and Rantanen carry the team to a victory. Doesn't mean I can't be disappointed with our goalie, and some of the softies he let in, that forced us to have a miracle comeback. It's not sustainable hockey, he need to be better.

Reactions: Perratrooper

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I don't really think 2C is in his future, but I can definitely see him becoming the team's 3C long term.
This. 2C guy should have a little more offense to his game. Not saying Kamenev doesnt have that but im seeing a solid 3C type player from him and thats fine by me. If Kamenev can be that for us then that trade looks even more lopsided.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Am I alone in feeling like Kamenev has a possibility of being our #2C if he continues to play this way?

I can't go as high as 2C right now but I could see him as a top 9 forward on a good team. Maybe he could take over the Soderberg role eventually. He has been playing really well recently and the points should come if he continues this play and gets some better linemates.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Oh yeah I agree. I meant for the rest of this season. This year and beyond realistically I would see him as our #3C, but a high end one. Like Soda 2.0

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I definitely wasn't high on Kam, but he looks like he's a nice find. I know everyone talks how bad of a trade it was for Ottawa... but the trade for Nashville looks pretty brutal value-wise as well, it just doesn't matter since they're one of the best teams in the league and filled a need... but it's starting to look like it's Girard (#2D), Kamenev (#3C), 2018 2nd for Turris (#2C).

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
Couple of thoughts:

Grubs made several tough stops to keep them in it. Bednar must've liked what he saw against Wash to start him again. I am gonna trust his judgement over some of the naysayers on this board, for now.

Jost was invisible tonight. One good dig at the end of the game was the only positive that I saw all game.

Ducks have a different persona compared to the old days. No BS after the whistle, less physical.

Really bad penalty by Z, seemed even worse than some of the ones he has caught grief for in the recent past.

The team really struggles with the next 2-3 shifts after scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad