Post-Game Talk: Game 20: Avalanche @ Ducks | 11/18/18 | 18:00 MT | 1,000th Franchise Win!

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
So we're now 10-6-4 for 24 points after 20 games but here's the thing.

We've only played 8 games at home versus 12 on the road. We're actually 6-2-2 on the road now. And our one bad stretch of hockey this year came when we had a tonne of off days and no chance to get into a real rhythm.

We've had a tough schedule through the first 1/4 of the season and yet we're comfortably in a playoff spot and keeping up with the rest of the good teams in the west.

Very good start to the season.
All I can think about when you mention their record, is the 2-3 games they blew for no reason. We also haven't had many lucky points. Washington is all that comes to mind.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Agreed with all the positive Barrie posts. We had to wait longer than we would've liked for him to get going but he's playing great now.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
All I can think about when you mention their record, is the 2-3 games they blew for no reason. We also haven't had many lucky points. Washington is all that comes to mind.

Yeah. The two in Vancouver and Calgary. B2B nights where we had late 3rd period leads and instead of getting 4/4 points we got 1/4

This team could easily, easily be at 26 or 27 points right now.

I almost feel comfortable with already suggesting we're a playoff team again this year.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Again, the team in front of him sucked for the first half of the game when those goals were scored. The guy got the win and is 4-1-2. (10/14 possible points) Like what more do you want from him?
How about a save percentage North of .900 for the season. That would be a nice start.

He has been the beneficiary of nice goal support to aide his record.

Go over to the stats page and cover up his record and look at the pure numbers and tell me he's played well this year.

He can thank his teammates for giving him tons of goal support.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
WTF? The one where he went the other direction was one where he was clearly screened, while the other one was a beautiful tip by Kase. How the hell can you guys blame him here?

He definitely could have had the one by Kase, who tipped it a fair distance away. Grubs actually slid out of the way of the tip, it wasn't like he was trying to save the initial shot either, he simply misread the tip.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Fourth line was awesome tonight. They had it going early on when others didn't and continued to play well throughout the game. Kamenev lead the way for that line, of course.

I think our depth will look decent against weaker teams, but it'll get exposed over and over again against teams with actual depth like Tampa or Winnipeg.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Seems weird that there's such a gap between this game and the one in LA.

I won't even blame them if they come out flat and look terrible to start that one. It's expected when you give them two full days in LA. As they always say in the NBA, LA nightlife is undefeated.

Reactions: dahrougem2

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
WTF? The one where he went the other direction was one where he was clearly screened, while the other one was a beautiful tip by Kase. How the hell can you guys blame him here?
I've never seen a NHL goalie go the wrong way on a shot, he physically looked like he was trying to avoid the puck. Screen or not you got to do a better job finding the puck.

And the other goal I'm referring to was the wrap around where he looked like an 80 year old with no lateral movement. Varly makes that save 10 out of 10 times. Never should have gone in.

He had no chance on the Kase tip goal.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I've never seen a NHL goalie go the wrong way on a shot, he physically looked like he was trying to avoid the puck. Screen or not you got to do a better job finding the puck.

And the other goal I'm referring to was the wrap around where he looked like an 80 year old with no lateral movement. Varly makes that save 10 out of 10 times. Never should have gone in.

He had no chance on the Kase tip goal.
That puck had eyes. He couldn't see and slid over to the open ice. Probably didn't think it could go through on that side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad