Post-Game Talk: Game 20: Avalanche @ Ducks | 11/18/18 | 18:00 MT | 1,000th Franchise Win!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not many guys can do what Girard did on that play. If only he finished on that move.

There's been about 10-15 plays this season alone that have made me say that.

I forgot to post this the other day from the Bruins game. This is about a 110 foot saucer pass under pressure, from the bottom of the circle to the blueline, that lands flat and right on the tape of Rantanen. Just an incredible pass.

I was gonna say it was a Lidstrom/Niedermayer/Pronger level outlet pass, but they couldn’t even make this kind of play with red line. Very few players could hit Mikko perfectly here, and let the puck lay flat with about half a foot room for error.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think we still need to see a lot more from Kamenev, particular with skill players. He's played well lately, but he hasn't quite had the results I'd like to see. He hustles, then makes some poised plays with the puck in the O zone, but that's as far as the plays goes a lot of times after an opposing players closes off on him taking away time and space.

He needs to find a way to push through that hurdle and make the next play. He's still a work in progress though.

I'd like to see him get more PP time along the right half wall on the 2nd unit where Mikko plays. He's got about a minute more in PP time than Andrighetto in almost twice as many games.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
EJ just isn't explosive in the way that he used to be. His game has been changing for a couple of years to compensate for this, but I'm not sure how much longer he's going to be able to be one of our top defensemen.

EJ was never really "explosive" though. He always took a few strides to really get going. Personally I haven't seen much difference in this regard, other than he's not carrying the puck as much.

I don't think he's been in a lot of those situations this year where he winds up through the neutral zone and flys into the O zone, because he's been letting Girard do most of that. Which is an expected change from playing with past D partners like Zadorov, Nemeth, Hejda, Beauchemin, and Quincey.

I do think he should find a better balance with Girard in that area though, because G has been forcing it a little too much at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad