Post-Game Talk: Game 20: Avalanche @ Ducks | 11/18/18 | 18:00 MT | 1,000th Franchise Win!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

kariya_selanne.0.0.jpeg

vs

tumblr_mfeoxnsb2N1qmvlz8o1_400.0.0.jpg

Nobody took the GDT for today, so whatever I'll make it.

If You're Bored Until the Game Starts

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Do we know if Zadorov is playing tonight or not?

I feel like it could be a telling sign if he's out again tonight that there's something significant going on here and he really may be on his way out soon.

But if he's back in the lineup I'd wager it's more likely this is just some fairly standard friction between an inconsistent young player and a coaching staff expecting more out of him.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
On the Avs site hes not on the projected roster which is huge BS. Perfect team to get him back in.

If we lose Varly and Zads oh boy...

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Avalanche projected lineup

Gabriel Landeskog -- Nathan MacKinnon -- Mikko Rantanen
Tyson Jost -- Alexander Kerfoot -- Colin Wilson
Sheldon Dries -- Carl Soderberg -- Matt Calvert
Sven Andrighetto -- Vladislav Kamenev -- Gabriel Bourque
Samuel Girard -- Erik Johnson
Ian Cole -- Tyson Barrie
Nikita Zadorov -- Patrik Nemeth
Philipp Grubauer
Semyon Varlamov
Scratched: Mark Barberio, Marko Dano, Matt Nieto
Injured: J.T. Compher (head), Conor Timmins (head)

Z back in, Barbie out, and Nieto now a healthy scratch rather than out with LBI.

Reactions: RareDangles

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Nice, I'm not an advocate to trade Zads outright I'd prefer to keep him unless it really makes sense, so it's good that it's likely not a major issue going on right now with him and the organization.

I cant wait for JTC to get back. He was one of my favorite prospects with the Avs for a while and after his great start my hopes for him to become a legit 2nd liner had started creeping back in(I think he has the shot and skating to be a lower end 2nd liner or an elite 3rd liner) and then he got concussed. Hopefully he comes back firing on all cylinders but with head injuries it may take some time to get back into things.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
If Bednar is serious about developing Z, he better give him some rope now. It seems like the point has come across that Zadorov needs to be better, now let him work those kinks out without benching him after a mistake.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
  • Fun fact: Alex Kerfoot leads the NHL in face off percentage with 64.7%.
  • Not so fun fact: The Avs, however, rank 30th at 45.9%
MacKinnon (305, 39.3%), Soderberg (262, 44.3%), Jost (60, 28.3%) abysmal in the circle.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Nemeth was horrid compared to Barbs last game lol I just dont know anymore with Jared.

Yeah Barberio played another very good game IMO. Nemeth on the other hand did not.

If Bednar is true to his word about not sitting guys for too long, and making guys earn their spot basically, Z should be in and Nemeth should be out.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
If you see a dude wearing a yellow Girard Cataractes jersey a few rows up behind Grubi, take a shot! Anyone else going to the game?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If you see a dude wearing a yellow Girard Cataractes jersey a few rows up behind Grubi, take a shot! Anyone else going to the game?

My brother and I are are debating it, we’ve never seen Rantanen live. Kinda waiting to see if ticket prices keep dropping. We’re lazy and cheap lol.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
My brother and I are are debating it, we’ve never seen Rantanen live. Kinda waiting to see if ticket prices keep dropping. We’re lazy and cheap lol.

Have you guys been before? Honda Center is a nice stadium to experience and Ducks tix are on the cheap comparatively. You guys could get some awesome seats last minute from SeatGeek

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Have you guys been before? Honda Center is a nice stadium to experience and Ducks tix are on the cheap comparatively. You guys could get some awesome seats last minute from SeatGeek

Yeah we’ve been down there quite a bit. Tickets are way more affordable than Staples Center and even from the nose bleeds you can still se pretty well. It’s pretty much coming down to laziness at this point.

Reactions: The Merchant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad