Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - B's lose a heartbreaker in OT - Dallas 1 BRUINS 0 F/OT

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Hoping, at worst, it`s a deep bruise but man, it`s not just injuries but who is injured, 5 of the 6 D-men I believe who started the year are all out? Then potentially Bergy tomorrow? This is beyond insane

Yeah, we've seen some tough injury situations, particularly on the back end, the last couple of years (the playoff series against Ottawa comes to mind) but nothing this crazy. I guess if we look at it positively, it's happening now, as opposed to the playoffs, and its giving young guys like Lauzon and Zboril some valuable experience for their development. Still, it'd be nice to get through a game without losing someone for a change. The fact that Bergeron continued to play after the injury does give some hope that it isn't too serious...

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
This is honestly the first full Bruins game I have missed in 8-10 years and reading what I am in here, glad I did as I can get a bit heated during games .Sounds like boys hung on best they could and got a point against adverse circumstances no ?
Bergy finished the game OK ?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If I told you you could make millions in your 20s, 30s and 40s, but you would struggle to live a day to day life after, would you consider it?

The league is trying to be safer for a reason.
I'm sorry but that's a joke. How many careers were cut short due to fighting in the seventies? These days we have guys like Savard (and several others) whose careers were ended due to hits that should have ended the careers of dbags like Cooke etc. Vaak runs into an elbow of a Sens player and is still out yet the Sen "serves" one f*****ing game suspension. Bettman is a POS lawyer and the league is run by rats who care nothing about the lives of the players. They're only worried about being sued. There is nothing safer about hockey today than it was in the seventies. Nowadays we have replays from every angle and there's plenty of video evidence to throw dangerous players out for half a season or more, if they wanted to. Players like Marchand for instance are egged on by the disrespect that the on ice officials give to him. He did something dumb by touching the pad of Darling and Darling acted as though he were speared and the ref went for it, because he wanted to. Not because he (IMO) actually thought that it was a dangerous foul. In reality Darling should've gotten a penalty too but.....It was Brad ******ing Marchand! The refs are dying to have Marchand do something way more dangerous and hurt someone because he's too dumb to control himself and he shows them up. The really sneaky way lees talented guys like Borowicki get away with more than they're given credit for is gauling. The league needs to realize that Marchand is an entertaining player who opposing fans love to hate. Bums like Borowicki are a dime a dozen JAG's. Those are the guys to make an example of. There seems to be more scrutiny for an iffy goal than there is for a nasty SOB player who intends to injure another player. BTW: I have the same opinion of the Players Association as I do for the league officers. Furthermore there needs to be a review process for the on ice officials. Their biases and prejudices are obvious. The league offices, the on ice officials etc are a bunch of phonies. Empty suits. Everybody skips around the question because they're afraid of the answer. Question is this, is it going to take someone to lose an eye, suffer brain damage beyond a concussion or be killed before the league wakes up? Answer: Probably not, and you know what as long as the insurance companies pay and the money keeps rolling in they will never get to the bottom of the nonsense.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
This is honestly the first full Bruins game I have missed in 8-10 years and reading what I am in here, glad I did as I can get a bit heated during games .Sounds like boys hung on best they could and got a point against adverse circumstances no ?
Bergy finished the game OK ?

IMO Bergeron has a either a separated shoulder or a torn rotator cuff or both. I'm not a doctor but both of my shoulders have been torn and separated (you live for over sixty years and s*it happens). If Bergeron plays tomorrow his name needs to be changed to "SuperMan!"

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Jeremy Jacobs is a powerful influence in the league. He's a "governor" and IMO he needs to be a LOT more concerned with what happens to his on ice "product" and he should be willing to go to the wall for his guys but nope, he's a businessman not a fan, and if it doesn't affect his bottom line he couldn't care less. He NEEDS to speak up!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Can't be mad with the way the Bruins played. Considering the carnage to both defensive sides, it's shocking that it was a 1-0 OT game. (Soapbox time: If it goes 0-0 before the shootout, both goalies should get a shutout. Heck, maybe even if you just go 60 minutes without a goal.)

My eyes were on Rask, and...well, he was pretty damn good. Maybe not peak Tuukka, but I really can't ask much more of him than what we saw tonight. Same actually for the defense and forwards. It's tough to play good hockey when you're on a 9-on-5 PK the whole goddamn game.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
rask looked sharp last nite.
marchand never learns. lost him for all that time cus he has to be a dick.

hope bergy is ok.
maybe cehlarik finally gets a call. lol.
our offense is a joke right now

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Hemmed in all night 2nd game in a row. They sent 2 fore checkers all night and the Bs just didn't have an answer for it. Forwards did not get into a place to support the backend and it showed. The guys are throwing it up the boards and there is no bumper to help get the puck out. I know the system tries to keep the puck on the perimeter and they did a tremendous job of it last night. It is just something they could have adjusted in game to help the backend out.

Reactions: BigBear83

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
setting the terrible refs and all the "toughness talk", this was a rough game. you would think the forwards would step up. but they all tried to do it individually. for some reason this team is a mess.. it seems like there is never a plan with the puck.. possession is almost non existent.(except when kuraly gets the puck and goes back and forth seventeen times along the wall) .. there was countless times where a fresh line on the ice would throw the puck in and there would be no forecheckers.. just instant possession giveaway. think of how many nice team goals we have seen this year thats not on the powerplay..... not many.. something is off, whether its the china trip.. too many young guys or just bad lines. marchand was terrible last night.. pasta is trying to do much.... i was so frustrated watching that game.. its one thing to have this many new d-men but the forwards have been pretty much the same and there is no cohesion.. not one shot or play in slot.. all outside scramble along the wall. look at our possesion comparison over the last ten games... (its not good) .. im keyboard rambling now, but just seems this team could be so much more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad