Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - B's lose a heartbreaker in OT - Dallas 1 BRUINS 0 F/OT

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don't agree. Adam being on the team won't prevent everything but he will stand up for his team mates ...perhaps more than any player I can think of. He is also great on the PK and shows up for the playoffs.

I believe some players would think twice about abusing players when Quaider is on the team.

Regardless of where one stands on the effectiveness of an enforcer.......When a fraud like Roman Polack acts tough for the first time ever against the Bruins....taking liberties with an undersized Krug, you really have to wonder.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Not trying to kick a guy when he’s down but Backes was brutal yet again. Turned the puck over numerous times and slow as molasses. I don’t get why Cassidy is so afraid to sit him. I know the other 4th liners aren’t much better but at least they have some speed.

Agreed.
For a veteran guy that is known to grind it and get the dirty goals I find it strange that in the last 10
I see very little chemistry with him and his teammates

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Bruins played on the road with 2 defensemen playing their first NHL game. Another defenseman that was playing his 7th NHL game. Another defenseman who's 30 years old and has played more AHL games than NHL games. And then 2 undersized Dmen than rarely play against the other teams best players. Rask is coming off who knows what. Refs are screwing them most of the night.

This was a great effort by this team. Getting to OT without allowing a goal to a team that has players like Seguin & Benn & Spezza & Radulov on it is amazing. Can't help but admire this group for that performance.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I like Kuraly Heinen and Bjork from the bottom 2 lines thats it!!!! But they need to help produce!
Bjork did something last night that told me he has to up his creativity. He gets a pass right at decent speed at the blue line along the right boards and the dman appears to be caught flat footed.
With a little bit of acceleration he would have been around him np, instead he immediately let go a 50' wrist shot which turned out to be a floater.

Frustrating to see but maybe in due time.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Bjork did something last night that told me he has to up his creativity. He gets a pass right at decent speed at the blue line along the right boards and the dman appears to be caught flat footed.
With a little bit of acceleration he would have been around him np, instead he immediately let go a 50' wrist shot which turned out to be a floater.

Frustrating to see but maybe in due time.
Yeah , that is a good summary of what Bjork is at least right now . He seems to have a ton of skill and is a beautiful skater but needs to learn when to shoot and when to hold onto the puck more . He definitely has the skill set to be a top 6 forward and maybe playing higher up in the lineup is the answer ?

Reactions: nORRis8

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Impressive game with all thoses injuries
I am very very very tired of all this dirty play against bruins
2 years now , all team know you can hit and to hurt bruins you will have zero answer from them
I misssssssss shawn
Bruins need one or 2 players to make them pay badly
They have zero chance until they have some police officer in lineup
The list of injury show that clearly

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
2 years now , all team know you can hit and to hurt bruins you will have zero answer from them
I misssssssss shawn

Can you name 3 police offers in the league today? I can't name 1.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Very impressed that that D corps only allowed one goal....unimpressed that our forwards couldn't score against the D that the Stars iced....

Also I don't know why I go to the main boards, I can't believe people actually agree that Marchand play was a penalty.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Very impressed that that D corps only allowed one goal....unimpressed that our forwards couldn't score against the D that the Stars iced....

Also I don't know why I go to the main boards, I can't believe people actually agree that Marchand play was a penalty.

Other than the first line and partial 2nd line there is 0 creativity. Like Neely said too many of the same players. In same "players" I think he means average forwards with little to offer offensively.

Reactions: NDiesel

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Well, if you're Brad Marchand and you're standing in front of the opposing goalie with no one else around, isn't it almost like you are daring the official to make a call? What other reason is there for tapping the goalie behind the leg in that spot?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Other than the first line and partial 2nd line there is 0 creativity. Like Neely said too many of the same players. In same players I think he means average forwards with little to offer offensively.
I agree. I think Nordstrom's time in the top 9 is coming to an end too. He works hard but just not enough production IMO. Backes is an anchor on any line he plays for too.

Reactions: Blowfish

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Well, if you're Brad Marchand and you're standing in front of the opposing goalie with no one else around, isn't it almost like you are daring the official to make a call? What other reason is there for tapping the goalie behind the leg in that spot?
Yeah I get that, I would understand a 2 minute unsportsmanlike (preferably for both of them) but a slash? Additionally the officiating is supposed to be unbiased and neutral and I think it's pretty clear that wasn't the case there....

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
We have 5 guys out of 12 who contribute offensively on this team right now. Anyone who thinks that excuse of a 3rd line is playing well is insane. Nordstrom on the 2nd line is a joke. Tired of being a one line team. The kids aren't working! Get over it and go get some help

Reactions: sarge88

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
We have 5 guys out of 12 who contribute offensively on this team right now. Anyone who thinks that excuse of a 3rd line is playing well is insane. Nordstrom on the 2nd line is a joke. Tired of being a one line team. The kids aren't working! Get over it and go get some help

Would anyone be willing to send down Heinen Bjork JFK down to AHL for Cehlarik Zach S and C Cave? Something has to change before making a trade. Those players have had more than ample time to show something. They have not been kokod.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Would anyone be willing to send down Heinen Bjork JFK down to AHL for Cehlarik Zach S and C Cave? Something has to change before making a trade. Those players have had more than ample time to show something. They have not been kokod.

That would pretty much make half an AHL team for the B's to suit up tonight.

Reactions: Blowfish

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I misssssssss shawn

I know one very good
Mcquaid

you do know McQuaid was on the Bruins last year right?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Regardless of where one stands on the effectiveness of an enforcer.......When a fraud like Roman Polack acts tough for the first time ever against the Bruins....taking liberties with an undersized Krug, you really have to wonder.

Why would you call Roman Polak a fraud?

He's always been a big hitter, no matter who it was he had to hit.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It doesn't take skill or even grit to stand up for yourself or your teammates. What it takes is balls. Plenty of hard workers on this team. Real proud of the way they hustle and try to compete. Unfortunately there are several players on the team who need to grow a set and realize if they are not able to produce then they need to contribute in other ways. The refs clearly are not doing much to protect the boys. The coach is mainly interested in working his gum, not the refs during games. It's time for several of these guys to step up and do what's needed. It's also time for the GM to get off his ass and do something to improve the team. Yes, the D is deep (especially with plenty of bottom 4 players), the goalie position is solid, and the first line is awesome. That's not enough to make a deep playoff run even if everyone is healthy. Not sure why it is acceptable to have so much redundancy in the bottom 9 with non-skill guys who are unwilling to step up to the mark and show some balls. Again, I love all these guys and appreciate that they play hard, but some of them need to be sent packing if they do not want to step up.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Why would you call Roman Polak a fraud?

He's always been a big hitter, no matter who it was he had to hit.

Because he’s not a tough guy.

When he fights tough guys he loses.

Throwing sucker punches at Krug when he’s never made a peep against any of the actual tough guys the Bruins have had in the past, makes you a fraud.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Because he’s not a tough guy.

When he fights tough guys he loses.

Throwing sucker punches at Krug when he’s never made a peep against any of the actual tough guys the Bruins have had in the past, makes you a fraud.

They weren’t sucker punches, krug came up from behind polak and grabbed him by the head and started engaging him. Polak just dropped the gloves and bagged him. It’s not like Polak was seeking out krug, Krug brought this upon himself for the way he tries pulling away polak to begin with by grabbing him by the head

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->