Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - B's lose a heartbreaker in OT - Dallas 1 BRUINS 0 F/OT

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I don’t think it’s that crazy to suggest Cam Neely be given a few minutes a game on the fourth line just to beat the crap out of an opposing player or two.

He won’t do much for trying to create a speed game, but David Backes is allotted ice time so...

Reactions: Stannis the Mannis

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
One more thing -

Can people chill out on JFK? The amount of overhype he gets on our board is off the charts.

Maybe he can be an effective consistent bottom 6 player in the NHL at some point, but I am seeing nothing now, yet the hype train goes on.
hype? My gawd, if anything there`s far more criticism than hype

Yet another disgusting ref performance, there is no excuse in a professional league like the NHL the level of quality refereeing should ever get to the point it is now. Really too bad, thought with the lineup the B`s iced, then Bergy getting hurt, the fact this team hung in was gritty. Tuukka played well too. Liked Clifton and Zboril although thought tiny Z looked a touch more nervous than Clifton.

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Hope Bergeron's injury isn't too serious - the last thing this team needs is for him to be out for any length of time, even if they had a healthy lineup. Happy to see the team keep battling after he went down though, even with all that nonsense with the Marchand "slash". The NHL should be ashamed at the level of officiating on display tonight.

On a more positive note, I've been really impressed by Lauzon these past few games. He looks solid and poised out there, even with the increased responsibility brought on by all the injuries. When he makes a mistake it seems like he shakes it off and doesn't let it bring him down. Hope he keeps getting better and better!

Rask was also great tonight and deserved a better fate than the overtime loss. Hope this is a sign of things to come because this is the Rask this team needs every game going forward

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hope Bergeron's injury isn't too serious - the last thing this team needs is for him to be out for any length of time, even if they had a healthy lineup. Happy to see the team keep battling after he went down though, even with all that nonsense with the Marchand "slash". The NHL should be ashamed at the level of officiating on display tonight.

On a more positive note, I've been really impressed by Lauzon these past few games. He looks solid and poised out there, even with the increased responsibility brought on by all the injuries. When he makes a mistake it seems like he shakes it off and doesn't let it bring him down. Hope he keeps getting better and better!

Rask was also great tonight and deserved a better fate than the overtime loss. Hope this is a sign of things to come because this is the Rask this team needs every game going forward

Hoping, at worst, it`s a deep bruise but man, it`s not just injuries but who is injured, 5 of the 6 D-men I believe who started the year are all out? Then potentially Bergy tomorrow? This is beyond insane

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
That was the most entertaining game with a very meh on ice product.

It was a sloppy hockey game, but the post whistle shenanigans were so entertaining with all the drama and scrums.

Sucks to lose, but our D on paper was ass and they were big this game with Tuuuuk

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Good result given the situation on D but man they are in trouble if Bergys injury is serious. Also games like this show that the Bs need to get bigger and nastier, team feels so much smaller with Z out of the lineup

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

He came back later in that period but clearly not 100%. Played a few shifts in the third on the wing, no faceoffs. Almost fought in the third. Let's say him and Faksa wil not be exchanging Christmas cards.

Didn't play in OT.

Too bad that we have nobody who can feed Faksa his teeth!

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Too bad that we have nobody who can feed Faksa his teeth!
I thought Bergeron himself might do it in the third. One of the Stars players was kind of holding on to him, like dude, you probably shouldn't be getting in a fight right now :laugh:

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I thought Bergeron himself might do it in the third. One of the Stars players was kind of holding on to him, like dude, you probably shouldn't be getting in a fight right now :laugh:
I actually thought that Bergy may shove his stick down Faksa's throat or do something else un-Bergeron-like. Glad that he didn't because the NHL is bush league and would love to suspend any Bruin that they can EVEN a class act super-star like Mr. Bergeron!

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What I would have done/paid to have a John Wensink/Jay Miller tandem (Could You Imagine) on the Bruins bench come out and beat the snot out of Polak and Faksa. Two fake tough guys!

EDIT: As much as I like Sweeney's youth movement I think that he's missing the boat on guys with an edge. The DeBrusks and Donato's are fine and great BUT if you have nobody to go after the other teams strengths you're going to see the kind of injuries across the board that we're seeing. Let's face it the officiating will not take care of this c*ap and in the long run careers are going to be cut short by all the uncalled nonsense going on.

nhl (doesn't deserve capitalization) officiating is a sad joke. Pitiful!
A point that I meant to make when I wrote about Bergeron almost losing it: Would the nhl (again doesn't deserve capitalization) allow Sidey Crosby to be abused and disrespected that way Bergeron is DISGRACEFUL?!?!!

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Wouldn't buying Backes out kill the Bruins when it comes to the cap?

I was listing to the Calgary post game show last night on radio... guy calls in absolutely livid and flipping his mind about how james neal needs to be bought out.

host has not a lot of patience... tries to explain you cant buyout someone in November

caller continues without missing a beat... buyhim out in summer then... just get rid of him...

host with patience strained to the breaking point now asks caller if he has any idea how a buyout works... how long the dead cap space would effect the team?

caller does not

I wish fans that wanted to toss out these radical ideas at least took the time to understand what they were talking about before they get so riled up and militant about it.

for those who want a more logical idea what may or may not happen with backes… I will help you all now. backes currently has a NMC and is currently owed 14 million dollars over the next 3 years {counting the remainder of this year}

moving him this year would not only require someone to take his salary... but he would need to agree to the deal

now next year he has a 3 mill SIGNING BONUS and then is owed only 5 million dollars for his final 2 years of his contract. he also has to provide us an 8 team trade list. I think hes enough of a pro that once he realizes he will be traded... I think he wouldn't want to hurt the team by demanding to stay where hes not wanted. I think he will want to finish his career someplace where he can be a respected vet helping the kids develop

so calling for his buyout today... or throwing in prospects to trade him today... isn't very likely at all to happen. its better to be a smart fan and just realize that we might end up with him as a 4th liner or even a 13th forward but IT DOESNT MATTER... we can afford it. we do have the cap room this year

lets hope he turns it around and helps us because hes here for the time being

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
That was the most entertaining game with a very meh on ice product.

It was a sloppy hockey game, but the post whistle shenanigans were so entertaining with all the drama and scrums.

Sucks to lose, but our D on paper was ass and they were big this game with Tuuuuk

The defense was good? They gave up a season high in high danger opportunities today. Not saying that to complain in any way because it’s expected with who they are throwing out there due to injuries, but they certainly weren’t good. Tuukka was just unbelievable.

Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad