Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - B's lose a heartbreaker in OT - Dallas 1 BRUINS 0 F/OT

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Polak saw an easy target? Krug came up from behind him and grabbed him by the head. If krug decides to get in between them that never happens. Once you come up from behind on a guy like polak and grab his head all bets are off.

It’s not like polak didn’t get penalized. He got 2 minutes.
And the fools didn't give us a 5v4 or 5v3. If roles were reversed, well, we know...

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
If Cassidy allows Bergeron to play tomorrow night he'd nuts! Bergeron is hurting, bite the bullet and call someone like Frederic or Cave up!
It sure doesn't seem like he should play. But they're probably going to have to fly him back to Boston to keep him from trying.

Reactions: Strafer

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I like this Connor Clifton kid. Good game from him and I’m a fan of his interviews

Yeah, I'd like to see more of Clifton....

iu

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Polak saw an easy target? Krug came up from behind him and grabbed him by the head. If krug decides to get in between them that never happens. Once you come up from behind on a guy like polak and grab his head all bets are off.

It’s not like polak didn’t get penalized. He got 2 minutes.

First time in my history of watching NHL hockey that I have seen a dude who grabbed a guy from behind in a scrum get met with the same punishment (PIM’s) as the one who turned around, tossed off his gloves, and started punching the guy in the face without even offering to square up.

You’re supporting what would be a completely unheard of precedent. It’s not that I am here to argue what is just or what my or your opinion is. It’s the fact that any situation remotely resembling that one is NEVER called like that.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
And the fools didn't give us a 5v4 or 5v3. If roles were reversed, well, we know...

Yes they didn’t give the bruins a power play because there were off setting penalties by Marchand and Bergeron to go with the polak and comeau penalties.

If there weren’t any penalties on bergy or Marchand then the bruins would have been on the power play from the polak play. But that power play was negated by penalties that had nothing to do with the polak/krug scrum.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
First time in my history of watching NHL hockey that I have seen a dude who grabbed a guy from behind in a scrum get met with the same punishment (PIM’s) as the one who turned around, tossed off his gloves, and started punching the guy in the face without even offering to square up.

Krug didn’t get a penalty. Bergy and Marchand got penalties on that play and polak and comeau got penalties.

So no, the guy who came from behind and grabbed him by the head didn’t get the same punishment as the guy who dropped the gloves.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Yes they didn’t give the bruins a power play because there were off setting penalties by Marchand and Bergeron to go with the polak and comeau penalties.

If there weren’t any penalties on bergy or Marchand then the bruins would have been on the power play from the polak play. But that power play was negated by penalties that had nothing to do with the polak/krug scrum.

...really? I could have sworn Krug and Polak got the exact same PIM’s. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Uh... it was double matching roughing minors. These refs didn't know their asses from their grandmothers.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Krug didn’t get a penalty. Bergy and Marchand got penalties on that play and polak and comeau got penalties.

So no, the guy who came from behind and grabbed him by the head didn’t get the same punishment as the guy who dropped the gloves.

I stand corrected.

Still bullshit that was even strength out of all of that...but I must admit, not nearly as bad as I thought.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
If Cassidy allows Bergeron to play tomorrow night he'd nuts! Bergeron is hurting, bite the bullet and call someone like Frederic or Cave up!
Doubt he plays, no need to call anyone up, Wagner sat tonight, they have enough players. May call someone up if he can’t go against the wings.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
One more thing -

Can people chill out on JFK? The amount of overhype he gets on our board is off the charts.

Maybe he can be an effective consistent bottom 6 player in the NHL at some point, but I am seeing nothing now, yet the hype train goes on.
I mean he has played less then 20 NHL games not sure anyone knows what he will turn out to be.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Uh... it was double matching roughing minors. These refs didn't know their asses from their grandmothers.

Interesting you say the “refs didn’t know their asses from their grandmothers” because krug 100% didn’t get a penalty on that play.

Go to 9:18 of the 3rd period. Only polak got a penalty in the krug/polak scrum. Marchand and bergy penalties off set the polak and comeau penalties.

Bruins vs. Stars - Play-By-Play - November 16, 2018 - ESPN

Boston Bruins - Dallas Stars - November 16th, 2018

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Doubt he plays, no need to call anyone up, Wagner sat tonight, they have enough players. May call someone up if he can’t go against the wings.
Wagner? I would like to see someone with some talent and a fire in their belly...

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Missed most of the game. Was Patrice injured? Any info appreciated.

He came back later in that period but clearly not 100%. Played a few shifts in the third on the wing, no faceoffs. Almost fought in the third. Let's say him and Faksa wil not be exchanging Christmas cards.

Didn't play in OT.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Wagner? I would like to see someone with some talent and a fire in their belly...
Yes I bet you would, but considering they have him there, and the PBruins played tonight, I doubt they fly anyone out for the game tomorrow, but like I said they may for the games against the Wings if Bergy can’t go.

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad