Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - B's lose a heartbreaker in OT - Dallas 1 BRUINS 0 F/OT

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
We need forward help badly, Way to many passengers game in game out. I thought the D and Rask where very good last night.

Rask was even great at times. Bishop could have stacked up his equipment in front of the goal and still had the shut out.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
I have been tough on Rask this season but man was he lights out good.

He was the only reason we got a point

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Not trying to kick a guy when he’s down but Backes was brutal yet again. Turned the puck over numerous times and slow as molasses. I don’t get why Cassidy is so afraid to sit him. I know the other 4th liners aren’t much better but at least they have some speed.

Reactions: nORRis8

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Since oilers are in the trading mood we should bring lucic back and have security for our team so players like faska think twice to try to touch mr. Patrice.
He has something like 3 goals in the last 63 games. NO thanks for that cap hit.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Not trying to kick a guy when he’s down but Backes was brutal yet again. Turned the puck over numerous times and slow as molasses. I don’t get why Cassidy is so afraid to sit him. I know the other 4th liners aren’t much better but at least they have some speed.
I had liked his play the few games before last night since they moved him to the forth line,but agree last night he sucked.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Speaking of kicking,it sure looked like the guy Krug got into it with last night,kicked or tried to kick him,Bruins should be senders a replay of that to the league,would that not be worthy of a suspension even if he missed.

Reactions: kdog82

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I was listing to the Calgary post game show last night on radio... guy calls in absolutely livid and flipping his mind about how james neal needs to be bought out.

host has not a lot of patience... tries to explain you cant buyout someone in November

caller continues without missing a beat... buyhim out in summer then... just get rid of him...

host with patience strained to the breaking point now asks caller if he has any idea how a buyout works... how long the dead cap space would effect the team?

caller does not

I wish fans that wanted to toss out these radical ideas at least took the time to understand what they were talking about before they get so riled up and militant about it.

for those who want a more logical idea what may or may not happen with backes… I will help you all now. backes currently has a NMC and is currently owed 14 million dollars over the next 3 years {counting the remainder of this year}

moving him this year would not only require someone to take his salary... but he would need to agree to the deal

now next year he has a 3 mill SIGNING BONUS and then is owed only 5 million dollars for his final 2 years of his contract. he also has to provide us an 8 team trade list. I think hes enough of a pro that once he realizes he will be traded... I think he wouldn't want to hurt the team by demanding to stay where hes not wanted. I think he will want to finish his career someplace where he can be a respected vet helping the kids develop

so calling for his buyout today... or throwing in prospects to trade him today... isn't very likely at all to happen. its better to be a smart fan and just realize that we might end up with him as a 4th liner or even a 13th forward but IT DOESNT MATTER... we can afford it. we do have the cap room this year

lets hope he turns it around and helps us because hes here for the time being

Great summary...so what you're saying is Backes is not going to leave and not going to retire and will continue to play protective head hockey until such time he collects his millions. Great!

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
We need forward help badly, Way to many passengers game in game out. I thought the D and Rask where very good last night.

Rask was even great at times. Bishop could have stacked up his equipment in front of the goal and still had the shut out.

I like Kuraly Heinen and Bjork from the bottom 2 lines thats it!!!! But they need to help produce!

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
This team is out of sorts due to injuries. It’s too much. The system isn’t being run due to too much change on the defense. No need to bitch about it. Injuries are catching up with the team. You can single out players all you want.
-One thing is that I observed is you tend not to get hurt if you engage the hit instead of taking a hit. They aren’t physical enough.
-Rask played good. No expectations on yesterday's game probably took a little pressure off him.
- I thought the two call ups played good, which is a good sign for the future. Maybe a blessing in disguise.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Backes brings absolutely nothing to this team. He isnt even a particularly effective 4th liner right now

What a f***ing disaster. He was bad last year too but he was at least an acceptable middle 6 player. This is just garbage.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Backes brings absolutely nothing to this team. He isnt even a particularly effective 4th liner right now

What a ****ing disaster. He was bad last year too but he was at least an acceptable middle 6 player. This is just garbage.

Backes wasn't bad last year. In between his freak injuries, he was actually very productive and the 3rd line was good.

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

What a ****ing disaster. He was bad last year too but he was at least an acceptable middle 6 player. This is just garbage.
Ya I’ve tried to be positive regarding Backes, defended him many times here. But at this point I think we can officially agree that the Backes signing has been a disaster. He looks completely cooked. Cap hit of 6m per, ouch

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I tend to believe if McQuaid is on the ice in a Bruins Jersey last night, Polak doesn’t throw those uppercuts at Krug
I believe you would be correct . Having Adam won't prevent all bad stuff but most in the NHL know he will protect his boys so if you pull crap Quaider will get you.

I know he is injured now but Adam will be back. I hate that the B's let him go.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I love McQuaid and loved him as a Bruin, but even when he was on the team, it didn't stop teams.\
I don't agree. Adam being on the team won't prevent everything but he will stand up for his team mates ...perhaps more than any player I can think of. He is also great on the PK and shows up for the playoffs.

I believe some players would think twice about abusing players when Quaider is on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad