Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - B's lose a heartbreaker in OT - Dallas 1 BRUINS 0 F/OT

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Cassidy's frustrated

"I wouldn't be surprised if the video guys in Toronto get him for one [misconduct] at some point"

I've been watching the Bruins for decades and I've seen some terrible reffing against the Bruin's before, but it almost seems like the league has a personal vendetta against the B's lately.

...it's time the B's management speaks up about this bull**** reffing. I know it probably won't do any good, but I still want somebody to say something to this horse**** league.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
i was going to ask for some of whatever it is you're smoking, but then i realized it seems to have made you a moron.

This is ice hockey not field hockey. I know people get worked up because Jack Edwards is a fool whose never played hockey and complains about every soft play that doesn’t favor the bruins, but don’t fall into his trap. He’s worse than tommy heinsohn in his boss on calls.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If that’s a slash then there should be 100 slashing calls a game. Come one, Clifton didn’t even flinch and laughed at spezza. You can’t possibly be that soft to think it’s a penalty.

It was a two hander by Spezza, so not something that happens 100 times a game. He caught Clifton in the pads, which is why he didn’t flinch.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I've been watching the Bruins for decades and I've seen some terrible reffing against the Bruin's before, but it almost seems like the league has a personal vendetta against the B's lately.

...it's time the B's management speaks up about this bull**** reffing. I know it probably won't do any good, but I still want somebody to say something to this horse**** league.
Vendetta is exactly the word I use in a tweet, but is was specifically about how the league is actively targeting Marchand.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
That is exactly what i think. And last year Marchand was getting so abuse... and we had Miller and Mcquaid in the line up.

They need a guy to impose respect on the opponents defence and can respond to abuse.

The fact Bergy was hit like that ( and i will disclose I don't think it was that bad of a play) from the Dallas player and Brad was the bell ringer is just no way near enough He needed to get his ass kicked regardless.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

The vendetta is Marchand. He’s hated throughout the league and I don’t mean by just players. Refs are extra hard on him. Some of it is deserved due to his antics. But it’s gotten borderline ridiculous. Then tonight he puts that towel on his stick. Like wtf Marchand? But ya the refs are hosing him big time. It needs to stop.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
In addition to the shot at Toronto, Cassidy said he was surprised that the penalty was called on Marchand by the linesman, which is rare.

It was hard to hear, but it sounded like he said Marchand needs to tone it down a bit, but also that the officials need to show him some respect.

A tiny bit of competence would be a decent start!

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
This is ice hockey not field hockey. I know people get worked up because Jack Edwards is a fool whose never played hockey and complains about every soft play that doesn’t favor the bruins, but don’t fall into his trap. He’s worse than tommy heinsohn in his boss on calls.

You keep using that word Soft. I don’t think you understand what this word means

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
The fact Bergy was hit like that ( and i will disclose I don't think it was that bad of a play) from the Dallas player and Brad was the bell ringer is just no way near enough He needed to get his ass kicked regardless.
When the season will tight up.... they will go after Pastrnak and Marchand. in the playoff it will be the same. Marchand has what 2-3 fights and we haven't finished november. Said it before, they need size upfront

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The slash by Spezza was a little harder that the one Marchand
put on Bishop, having said that and seen both it is frustrating to understand why one was and one wasn’t. Agree on Krug except he was just holding Polak back as it was two on one, when one drops the gloves and starts swinging while the other still has their gloves on, should be an extra minor for roughing at minimum.

I don’t agree with the refs calling Marchand on that penalty at all. Really the only call I have a problem with. Neither marchands or spezza play was a minor to me.

As far as the krug/polak play polak got a minor for dropping the gloves. If polak actually went and to seek krug out and fight him, then I imagine he would have got two minors, but since krug grabbed him by the head and engaged him I completely understand why polak only got one minor for that.

Krug needs to just get in between the players rather than grabbing the guy by his head.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I don’t agree with the refs calling Marchand on that penalty at all. Really the only call I have a problem with. Neither marchands or spezza play was a minor to me.

As far as the krug/polak play polak got a minor for dropping the gloves. If polak actually went and to seek krug out and fight him, then I imagine he would have got two minors, but since krug grabbed him by the head and engaged him I completely understand why polak only got one minor for that.

Krug needs to just get in between the players rather than grabbing the guy by his head.

Let’s be honest.

Polak saw an easy target in 5’9” Krug and decided to chuck a couple. Sure, Krug should be “more careful”. But, let’s not pretend Polak is some honest player just doing what he had to do.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

I have a theory on why NHL refs seem to have a bias towards the Bruins.

NHL officials DO NOT GET PAID DURING A LOCKOUT.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It was a two hander by Spezza, so not something that happens 100 times a game. He caught Clifton in the pads, which is why he didn’t flinch.

Chara does that to players camped out in front of the net on a regular basis. It wasn’t a penalty and shouldn’t be a penalty.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Let’s be honest.

Polak saw an easy target in 5’9” Krug and decided to chuck a couple. Sure, Krug should be “more careful”. But, let’s not pretend Polak is some honest player just doing what he had to do.

Polak saw an easy target? Krug came up from behind him and grabbed him by the head. If krug decides to get in between them that never happens. Once you come up from behind on a guy like polak and grab his head all bets are off.

It’s not like polak didn’t get penalized. He got 2 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00