Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - B's lose a heartbreaker in OT - Dallas 1 BRUINS 0 F/OT

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Someone make a video comparison of the slashing penalty on Marchand versus the two handed slash on Clifton.
(Not to mention the dude punching Krug in the head bare knuckled twice while Krug had the gloves on.)
I'm not pissed at the call on Spezza for the extra two. (Called a cross check when it was clearly a slash) I'm pissed the incompetent ref was gonna send them both before the fight, when Clifton literally did nothing.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Spezza was barely a slash, it’s exactly why Clifton barely, if at all even flinched and then started laughing after.

If krug doesn’t want to get bagged like he did maybe he shouldn’t have come up from behind polak and grabbed polak by his head. Krug just bit off more than he could chew and people want a penalty because krug put himself in a bad situation.

People are so soft if they want penalty calls on those plays. Only play people should have a problem with was the Marchand one.

Guys grab guys in scuffles all the time. If you turn around and just start wailing on the guy, you always get extra. EXCEPT IN THIS ONE INSTANCE.

You can argue whether Krug was “right or wrong” to do what he did all day long. You can talk about how you think it should be called. But the fact is, that kind of play...where one guy suddenly decides it is time to toss off the gloves while the other guy is not expecting it...is never met with matching minors. Just ridiculous.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Call up Studnika if Bergy can’t go. It’s fun watching these kids.

Once they get healthy I’m taking the 20 minute drive to Providence to watch these baby B’s

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The B's need some guys who can play and hit.

I am sick of seeing our players get abused.

Agree, we need to go out and get a few forwards with some balls. If you cant score get out of the line up and go down and work on your game.

Go out and get some guys that will stand up for the first line because I don't see anyone that wears black and gold that's going to do it,

Bruins first line will never make it to the end of the season without some muscle

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Spezza was barely a slash, it’s exactly why Clifton barely, if at all even flinched and then started laughing after.

If krug doesn’t want to get bagged like he did maybe he shouldn’t have come up from behind polak and grabbed polak by his head. Krug just bit off more than he could chew and people want a penalty because krug put himself in a bad situation.

People are so soft if they want penalty calls on those plays. Only play people should have a problem with was the Marchand one.
Seriously, I don't know if you're trying to prove you're not a "homer" but seriously, Just. Stop. The slash by Spezza was clearly a slash. You're just making yourself look bad.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Clifton: looked to be a real spark plug out there at times. I don't know if he's ready to be a full timer but I certainly appreciated his moxy with and without the puck all night.

Lauzon: NHL quality dman. I wasn't a big fan of his when he was down in the minors but now getting to watch him play, I see what others saw in him. Good stick, solid skater, good skills. I think he's more suited for bottom 4 play than top 4 in a future mockup blueline, but I look forward to the kid proving me wrong again. I'm excited about him.

Zboril: NHL quality skillset. I liked his game tonight. He had one bad turnover where he thought he had support and blindly thru it behind and to a Stars player, but other than that, I like where he's at. Those that have watched him this year have liked his progression and I think the only thing separating him from being on the pro roster full time is experience and continued progression.

I would not be surprised to see both Zboril and Lauzon force their way on to the roster next year, as long as they keep it up. Lauzon belongs on the pro team right now when the dust settles with all the injuries, but since he can move up and down without waivers, I suspect he'll be back in the AHL at some point.

Reactions: kjpm

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Agree, we need to go out and get a few forwards with some balls. If you cant score get out of the line up and go down and work on your game.

Go out and get some guys that will stand up for the first line because I don't see anyone that wears black and gold that going to do it,

Bruins first line will never make it to the end of the season without some muscle
That is exactly what i think. And last year Marchand was getting so abuse... and we had Miller and Mcquaid in the line up.

They need a guy to impose respect on the opponents defence and can respond to abuse.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Seriously, I don't know if you're trying to prove you're not a "homer" but seriously, Just. Stop. The slash by Spezza was clearly a slash. You're just making yourself look bad.

If that’s a slash then there should be 100 slashing calls a game. Come one, Clifton didn’t even flinch and laughed at spezza. You can’t possibly be that soft to think it’s a penalty.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

The slash by Spezza was a little harder that the one Marchand
put on Bishop, having said that and seen both it is frustrating to understand why one was and one wasn’t. Agree on Krug except he was just holding Polak back as it was two on one, when one drops the gloves and starts swinging while the other still has their gloves on, should be an extra minor for roughing at minimum.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
My NHL Center Ice stops after play, so I didn't get to see it. Fill me in!

In addition to the shot at Toronto, Cassidy said he was surprised that the penalty was called on Marchand by the linesman, which is rare.

It was hard to hear, but it sounded like he said Marchand needs to tone it down a bit, but also that the officials need to show him some respect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad