Post-Game Talk: Game #16: Canucks spank the 'best' team in Canada. 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That Kassian shift with a goal was my favorite shift of the past few years. that was well deserved and a long time overdue. nice goal Zack.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Bad Karma he does not finish many games vs Vancouver. They have no respect for him. Kassian has injured Bolland Eager fought B. Stalbitz and roughed up Backes. He did not mean to kick him but i have no doubt he went in harder tham normal.

I hope his laceration isn't serious but from some of the stickwork we've seen from Bolland in the past on our guys, I don't think I really feel sorry for him.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Ah, that was niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Watching the Canucks beat the Leafs never gets old. Ever. I could spend the rest of my life watching games like this and die a happy man (I'll drink, sleep and have sex during intermissions).

Sedins clowned the Leafs so badly it's not funny. All I've seen about the Godlike Kessel and Kardi line on the main board...did either play tonight? Oh wait, Kessel had his huggy bear moment with Burr and spent the rest of the game sobbing to the refs. I never knew how much that guy moans and complains on the ice until tonight. Though in fairness to the Leafs on that 4th goal, you can only hope to contain the Archibald/Richardson/Dalpe line, you can never hope to control it. :sarcasm:

Only area of concern moving forward is the PP. We really need to get that going. Pronto. 1/8, was it? I'm sorry, but that's just not going to cut it. We're not playing Toronto every night.

Happy for Raymond that he got a shot to continue his career and happy for him that he's doing well, but also happy he reminded me of his Canucks form tonight.

Higgins/Santo/Burr has the makings of a terrific line. Tenacity all over the ice.

Loving the Leafs fans who think they're all powerlifters or something. "Oh man, what a flop by the Canuck who just got nailed right in the back between the numbers in front of the boards!!" :laugh: It's like they think they're Bruins fans or something now.

Sucks to be Dave Bolland. Even more than usual.

Everyone pitched in big tonight. Extra special pleasant surprise was Archibald. I've been hoping he could stick for a couple of years now, hopefully he can put it together.

DECADE OF DOMINANCE CONTINUES!!!

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Yeah it seemed pretty obvious that it was the Leaf fans. Even if Canuck fans don't like the guy I highly doubt they would boo him at Bure's jersey retirement.

I bet a few disgruntled schneider/hodgson fans chimed in as well. :laugh:

LOLKarlsson*

Thank you guys for burtalizing the Leafs. They need a little dose of humility. Spend a decade as a crap team out of the playoffs, they make it 1 year and all of a sudden they're the most delusional and arrogant fan base out there.

You guys completely destroyed them. They looked like a junior team. It's hilarious watching them whine about the refs and diving when they were clearly destroyed at every aspect of the game.

Good work, best team in Canada.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
^ Spoken like a true Sens fan. :handclap:

One other thing - wish our goal horn blasts lasted a bit longer. Just nitpicking but... :p:

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Thank you guys for burtalizing the Leafs. They need a little dose of humility. Spend a decade as a crap team out of the playoffs, they make it 1 year and all of a sudden they're the most delusional and arrogant fan base out there.

You guys completely destroyed them. They looked like a junior team. It's hilarious watching them whine about the refs and diving when they were clearly destroyed at every aspect of the game.

Good work, best team in Canada.

:laugh: awesome post.

Best team in Canada? I'm not sure though.

But the Canucks made them look very ordinary and not a top tier team

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Recorded the game and also watched it live. Rewound it and watching the best parts again.

That Kelser tip pass to Henrik for the first goal was Hank-worthy. Just a mind boggling display of awareness of where your team-mates are by Kesler. I don't recall a better set-up by Kesler - ever.

And I'm loving Torts and this team right now. They didn't let their steel-toed boots off the Leafs throat for one minute tonight.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
LOL That is hilarious

Even if the boarding on Archibald wasn't warranted, Lupul deserved 2 mins for the attempted elbow there. Seriously...

But also freaking hilarious at the same time that he ended up getting his own teammate in the process. :laugh:

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Recorded the game and also watched it live. Rewound it and watching the best parts again.

That Kelser tip pass to Henrik for the first goal was Hank-worthy. Just a mind boggling display of awareness of where your team-mates are by Kesler. I don't recall a better set-up by Kesler - ever.

And I'm loving Torts and this team right now. They didn't let their steel-toed boots off the Leafs throat for one minute tonight.

Except on the power play.

We really need to sort that out. CHRISTIAN EHRHOFF COME HOME.

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011

didn't you hear? we won this game by diving

even though we only actually converted on one powerplay and that was in the opening minutes of the game. still, it was diving. also kassian violently attacking bolland with his skate. that's what won us this game.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
didn't you hear? we won this game by diving

even though we only actually converted on one powerplay and that was in the opening minutes of the game. still, it was diving. also kassian violently attacking bolland with his skate. that's what won us this game.
Yeah I know - and we paid off the refs or so I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad