Post-Game Talk: Game #16: Canucks spank the 'best' team in Canada. 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Game 7 between the Leafs and Bruins. Leafs go up 4-1, these 3 annoying Leaf fans start mouthing off on everyone in the bar, they start proclaiming themselves champs simply because they did "what the Canucks couldn't do...."

Horton scores to close the gap to 4-2, then it at all unraveled. Lucic scores to pull the game within 1, and Bergeron ties it some 30 seconds after. Bergeron won it in OT and those same morons that taunted us, along with every other Vancouverite (some weren't even hockey fans) fled once Bergeron won it.

I am not a Bruins fan, but ho damn! It was so satisfying to see the Leafs lose at the hands of the Bruins!

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
How is it not a comparable play? Neither player meant to cut the persons leg.. but both plays resulted in the EXACT SAME injury. Bolland is having surgery right now on a partial tendon laceration.

Bozak is also hurt. Our usual center depth is Bozak, Bolland, Kadri, McClement.

Well Simpson kind of implied that he thought they were doing it on purpose. Which is complete and utter BS all of these leg laceration injuries including the two to Bieksa have just been freak accidents.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Very entertaining to watch. Seems like it's always intense whenever we play TO.

Glad to see the team dominating the territorial game. So many chances in the early going. Could easily have been 6-0 or more if we'd had better finish or Reimer wasn't playing like he did.

Kassian played well and looked the most involved I've seen him in probably a while, even though he's been playing well as of late anyway. Tonight I think we saw a glimpse of the complete physical game you'd love to see out of him when he matures and showed why he can be even more valuable to a team than that guy we traded for him. It reminds you that he can be so much better when he brings that physical element as well. Should have gotten time on the 1st unit too IMO.

Also liked Archibald's game and he was deserving of the promotion. As long as he keeps his feet moving he doesn't get behind the play because he has the instincts to keep up which you could see from his time in the minors. Clearly better than Sestito, who handled himself well against Orr I thought.

Nice to see the refs giving us the benefit of the doubt for a change, with the Leafs running around looking to stir **** up. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come with the officiating?

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
The Pacific Division is going to be a bloody dogfight with San Jose, Anaheim, Phoenix, LA and us trying to make the playoffs. Should be a good year.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I like the Bruins much, much more than I like the Leafs.

Much like the Oilers - who I really loathed during the Gretzky years (eg., they frequently liked to 'run the score up' and did it arrogantly) - I started to pity them during the Harold Ballard years.

Was actually afraid the "the winning streak" would end tonight; glad to see I was wrong.

John McClane

Apr 23, 2012
Calgary, AB
In a pronounced lack of activity, he had a built-in excuse to let the Leafs back into the game and never did - making the occasional big save when needed. I'm good with the team calling him their MVP.
Oh I'm fine with it too. The whole team looked great, but no forward stood out (unless they have two shirts and two headbands for the Twins :laugh: ) so Luo is a good choice.

Castle1*

How is it not a comparable play? Neither player meant to cut the persons leg.. but both plays resulted in the EXACT SAME injury. Bolland is having surgery right now on a partial tendon laceration.

Bozak is also hurt. Our usual center depth is Bozak, Bolland, Kadri, McClement.

You took a wrong turn. You are in the Canucks thread. :laugh::cry:

Outside99*

Had to miss this one unfortunately, sounds like Burrows redeemed himself for being a complete train wreck against the Red Wings.

:sarcasm:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Interesting choice for MVP. He wasn't that busy, but he did look pretty good.

Lu was solid and I bet it also has to do with the fact that he's pissed that the Leafs/toronto media screwed around with him so much around the trade deadline. I bet this one felt really good for Lu.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Leafs might think about moving Raymond to center (Bozak on LITR means he's out of commision for at least a few weeks).....ouch, Nonis will be forced to at least look at what's available via trade (not easy as they've got no cap space available).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad