Post-Game Talk: Game #16: Canucks spank the 'best' team in Canada. 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
Watched the game live, great game!

Just watched the highlights, now I understand why a select few Leafs fan were upset with Kassian.

How many times does Craig Simpleton say "Watch Kassian KICK Bolland"? I counted three from the highlights. :shakehead

He probably shares the same mind-set as Eakins, and thinks Kassian is "disturbing".

Pair this sap with Mark Lee please, sick of Simpson and the CBC.

It really is a disservice to pair the great Hughson with someone that sounds like they're perpetually whining all the time.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Even Ottawa piled on during the 11 run. I'd wanted them to win during their runs. Until the Canucks win a cup or two I hope they all go cupless too. **** em all.

I don't mind Montreal for the reason stated above, but yeah Toronto can go cupless for the next 100 years for all I care.

It was such a dirty play, Lupul watched Henrik come around the net and launched himself at Henrik, elbow extended. Worse than the Keith hit, could have easily concussed Henrik badly.

I'm sure a colossal ****storm that would ensue. I'm just imagining the Damien Cox and Steve Simmons columns defending/minimizing the hit.

Joffrey Lupul is a coward and a bad person. At times like these it's worth re-reading tyler dellow's posts on Lupul's time on the Oilers.

Any links?

Again guys, I was totally unaware at the amount of hate Leafs fans were directing our way. That's why I was confused.

Either way, I still don't hate the Leafs. I guess I just don't let their chirping get to me.

HF is a different breed from CDC, you'll soon realize.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
I dislike the majority of the Leaf fans and their media (which the CBC is), basically, because of their arrogance... Vocal ******, IMO... Their arrogance blinds everything hockey related... And, god forbid, the Canucks have a better team... The Leafs lost because of the early start! Because the refs favoured the Canucks! Because the Canucks drove head first into the boards! etc., etc., etc....

I think they are genuine, in what they say... I think they actually believe it... I think that they are just ****ing arrogant, and it clouds everything Leaf related... They so want the Leafs to be Canada's best team, to the point that they drive the Canucks down, and I don't think they're even aware... Even a poor results Leafs team, is better than the dirty, diving Canucks!

This is the Leafs, in November... A team the Canucks have won... what was it... 10 years against? A game, in early November, where the Canucks totally dominated... close to 20 shots in both the 1st and 3rd periods? Men against boys, for practically, the entire game... And the Canucks would put themselves in the position to break their necks, FOR WHAT? To win by a higher score against the Leafs, in a regular season game, in November? Are the Leafs that important, that not only do the Canucks need to win, but win by A LOT to make a statement - to the point of willing to get hit head first into the boards, to draw more powerplays?

These Leaf fans, and Leaf media, saying or suggesting this nonsense are serious... Just have to walk away... They're not right in the head... When their team is bad, to maintain "Canada's team" in their minds, the only thing to do, is put down the current best team in Canada... Just me saying this, probably makes most Leaf fans defensive... They believe that they are the best team in Canada... They believe that they are worthy of the Green Men to make a showing for... Nope, sorry! You're not that important...

I can take Chicago arrogance... I can take Boston arrogance... and holy hell it's there, but they're good... I don't like it, but it's justifiable... I can't take Leaf arrogance, to the point that I don't watch CBC live (pvr and skip the intermissions)... and to the point that I, actually, laugh at them... They're like the guys in "Night of the Roxbury"... Think they're hot ****, when as a team, actually mutton dressed up as lamb... Nerd in a fur coat, in a club... Their mom's telling them how hot they look, before they leave... Milk bellies...

Last edited:

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
We should also point out the fact that after 4 regular season games, there were people suggesting that Reimer should get looked at for the Olympic team.

That, is the team, and fan base, summed up in one sentence.

Nov 1, 2011
Once that lineup can hold up against SJ, LA, Pens, Boston or Chicago, id say its depth could work. Our lineup can compete with teams our level or below.

Yep, we need a big 2nd line centre that can control the play.

A guy like Joe Thornton would be ideal...anyone like him available?

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Congratulations for pointing out the one thing he's done well on the PP with them. He's being carried so hard by the Sedins, but the Kesler fanboys refuse to admit it.

Funny enough you were just advocating kesler to be replaced by burrows on the PP just in your previous post. Nice double standards you got there along with your trading him/getting caried hard nonsense. Think before you post ffs.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Still loving it!

The crying I have witnessed online and in real life by Leaf fans has almost made my season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad