Post-Game Talk: Game #16: Canucks spank the 'best' team in Canada. 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Total domination. The 4 to 0 score really flattered the Leafs. I know that the Leafs usually play better than that but the Canucks just had the puck the whole night. Especially the Sedin and Santorelli lines who played the whole night in the Leafs end.
Kudos to Craig Simpson who kept trying to say something positive about the Leafs. Had I not been watching the game and just been listening to Simpson I would have thought the Leafs were the better team.
Anyways, just one game but a nice result on Bure's night!

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
"Kass needs to play like Higgins" - Torts

Higgins had a terrific game.

Lu was solid and I bet it also has to do with the fact that he's pissed that the Leafs/toronto media screwed around with him so much around the trade deadline. I bet this one felt really good for Lu.

Glad Nonis was there to witness it after dicking around with us at the deadline last year. Feels good indeed. Great to get the win for Bure too.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Kassian, Higgins, and Santorelli were all very good tonight. Nice to see.

Kassian continues to impress me. He doesn't have the consistency he needs yet, but you can see something in his game that wasn't there last year. He just looks more dangerous.

JerkChicken

Jun 18, 2008
South Sound
Nonis says Kassian's hit and Bolland's injury was not accidental. Heh.

Wrong.

Nonis said it WAS accidental:

@jonasTSN1050: Dave Nonis believes Kassian on Bolland was accidental.

@Zeisberger Nonis said he does not believe Kassian hit that injured Bolland was dirty. Calls it "accidental." #Leafs

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
You heard wrong. Just heard Nonis and he defended Kassian saying there is no way he believes that it was intentional and does not think a player would ever do that on purpose. Very classy actually. Always liked Nonis(as a person).

Castle1*

"Game #16 Canucks Spank the Best Team In Canada."

I thought we beat the leaves tonight :sarcasm:

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
leafs signed clarkson to a ridiculous 5.25 million/year contract in free agency...kassian is playing that kind of style right now for cheap and will be on an affordable rfa contract next year

point being, gillis was absolutely right that if you don't draft or acquire that kind of player early, you end up getting screwed in free agency having to overpay like the leafs...games like tonight are a good sign that his development is headed in the right direction

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Best he's looked on the offensive side of the puck in a Canuck's uni. Looked creative and explosive all night.

Yeah, some of his twists and turns to shake off a defender were fun to watch. Looked confident with the puck and you can tell he really fits like a glove in Torts' system. Good snapshot on his goal.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
AHAHAHAHAAA Leafs suck. What a satisfying win. Totally outclassed em, had those fools frustrated. You could just watch them go from overmatched, to frustrated, to angry/gooning it up, to defeated resignation. Great stuff! Oh yeah and...

KASSIAN! WUP-WHOOO!

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I feel bad for Bolland.

Bad Karma he does not finish many games vs Vancouver. They have no respect for him. Kassian has injured Bolland Eager fought B. Stalbitz and roughed up Backes. He did not mean to kick him but i have no doubt he went in harder tham normal.

Labamba

Too Much 4 CDC
Feb 26, 2013
Shuswap
point being, gillis was absolutely right that if you don't draft or acquire that kind of player early, you end up getting screwed in free agency having to overpay like the leafs...games like tonight are a good sign that his development is headed in the right direction

I agree, I got an idea, let's boo him at the Bure jersey retirement.

Makes sense, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad