GDT: Game 15 | Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild | 6:00 PM EST | FS-D

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I just want to know what that wasn't a penalty shot there? I get he got a chance after getting up but if thats the argument you could argues away any penalty in the game as long as they can get up after.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah, I'd remove Cleary from the top PP unit and add Filppula at the point or just keep Nik "goalie screener" Kronwall as your lone point on an umbrella power point setup with Fil, Z, Pavs and Brunner as your forwards.

1 potentially very good unit is better than one moderately good one and one gawd awful one.

Yeah, normally I don't like putting all your eggs in one basket, but when you've got so few eggs, it doesn't make sense wasting a perfectly good basket.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
We have conceded 41 goals at this season, and Kronwall has been in the ice in 24 of them (58.5%). This includes power-play goals against.

Next guys in 14 goals are Abdelkader, Zetterberg, and Ericsson.

That's... pretty bad.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I just want to know what that wasn't a penalty shot there? I get he got a chance after getting up but if thats the argument you could argues away any penalty in the game as long as they can get up after.

It should have been a penalty shot. There's no question Tatar is going in on the goalie all alone if not for the hook. My suspicion is because Tatar was able to regain his footing they didn't call a penalty shot. And the NHL wonders why guys dive. :shakehead

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
We have conceded 41 goals at this season, and Kronwall has been in the ice in 24 of them (58.5%). This includes power-play goals against.

Next guys in 14 goals are Abdelkader, Zetterberg, and Ericsson.

That's... pretty bad.

Let's just look at this stat once again and let it marinate people. :shakehead

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I feel this loss may be the straw that finally breaks the camel's back & in the next couple of days we'll see some rumors about a possible trade, or there may be a trade. That is of course assuming that the Management team hasn't decided that this year is a lost cause and it's better just to ride it out.

I thought Tatar played well, the top line played well, the second line was reaaaaally bad again tonight (on the bright side this is only hurting Filppula's case for a big contract), Mrazek should have had the 3rd goal & imo the 2nd looked semi soft as well. Kronwall-Lashoff while not great tonight doesn't deserve all of the bashing they get, I know that we need a scapegoat(s) but right now pretty much all of our defence is looking pretty meh. With our defence playing the way it is we are going to need either a miracle turn around or Howard/Mrazek playing like Tim Thomas did in '11.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah, I'd remove Cleary from the top PP unit and add Filppula at the point or just keep Nik "goalie screener" Kronwall as your lone point on an umbrella power point setup with Fil, Z, Pavs and Brunner as your forwards.

Maybe we should use Kronner as a net-front screener (because he's so freaking effective in own end) and put two forwards on the point. Chicago did this with Montador at last season.

I think this is an brilliant idea.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
We drop to 9th on goal differential? Beautiful we are the Leafs. On the plus side, if we lost 3-0 we would be 10th. Guess not Minnesota only 5 ROW.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
It should have been a penalty shot. There's no question Tatar is going in on the goalie all alone if not for the hook. My suspicion is because Tatar was able to regain his footing they didn't call a penalty shot. And the NHL wonders why guys dive. :shakehead
makes sence and I see your point. He was able to get up. Insted of staying down he showed heart and payed for it.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
We had a 3 game winning streak going. Good way to kill it guys. Yup we're a .500 team. God I'd be frightened if we had a 7game winning streak. Means we'll lose the next 7. And my 100+ yr old grandma could hold her pee longer than we can hold a lead this year. Just sad. That is all.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
It's just like I feared. This team will not win many games outside of Datsyuk and Zetterberg carrying them to victory.

On the bright side, this will be a short season and it might just force the Wings to switch into youth mode. This year could result in some fantastic draft picks and who knows where things will go from there.

Tatar and Andersson are looking like they can handle themselves at the NHL level. Mrazek is looking like he's not far off, and Lashoff is proving to be a capable bottom pairing guy. I think Nyquist can stick with some patience on the part of his coach. The time to embrace the future might be soon at hand.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008

Yeah I kinda agree. It's not a typical mistake perse because he's trying his best to score. But you have to learn once in awhile to sell yourself in the NHL and make it look good to the refs.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Sorry, I was watching the Stars lose to Calgary and I recall back when I was reading Bench's posts he couldn't go 3 posts without mentioning Goligoski. It was intense, man.

:laugh:

Just for *****, and because you can easily search this, I pulled up every single post I've been involved in that mentioned Goligoski. About 15 posts in the Wings forum about him. 15 more in the Stars forum.

The last mention was over a year ago. But I'm surprised you remembered! You sentimental guy, you.

I was worried I was entering eva/Hudler territory, but I'll accept 0.5% of my posts dedicated to the one, the only, Goligoski.

B4nZTd9.jpg

dtones520

Jun 10, 2008
Midland, MI
I feel this loss may be the straw that finally breaks the camel's back & in the next couple of days we'll see some rumors about a possible trade, or there may be a trade. That is of course assuming that the Management team hasn't decided that this year is a lost cause and it's better just to ride it out.

I thought Tatar played well, the top line played well, the second line was reaaaaally bad again tonight (on the bright side this is only hurting Filppula's case for a big contract), Mrazek should have had the 3rd goal & imo the 2nd looked semi soft as well. Kronwall-Lashoff while not great tonight doesn't deserve all of the bashing they get, I know that we need a scapegoat(s) but right now pretty much all of our defence is looking pretty meh. With our defence playing the way it is we are going to need either a miracle turn around or Howard/Mrazek playing like Tim Thomas did in '11.

This team is 3 points from being 4th in the conference despite the insane amount of injuries we have had and you are talking about blowing it up. The injuries have lead to throwing rag tag lineups out there, guys can't get any chemistry together. The lines that have been able to stick together and avoid injuries haven't been that bad. The defense is all over the place because there is two new guys in there every night it seems. Lets see where we are at the end of march and then start talking about blowing it up.

It's actually quite impressive that this team is where it is in the standings right now in spite of everything.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Babcock's gotta go.
The one I'm pulling for is Holland moving to President and Nill moving to GM. Maybe Hakan Andersson to assistant GM.

I just don't think we can do better than Babcock right now. We'd need a guy who's more of a player coach and I'm not sure we have that. Granted, I don't know a ton about Renney, but is he that type? I never got that impression.

RedWingsNow*

Which no-name/young player will Babcock blame for the team's failures today?

I predict Mrazek.

Czechs have a way of finding their way into Babcock's doghouse

dtones520

Jun 10, 2008
Midland, MI
Babcock's gotta go.

Great call, it is definitely Babcocks fault that this team has 9,000 injuries and very little depth.

Who would you suggest we hire that is in the same ballpark as Babcock as a coach? If anyone is to blame for this team it is Ken Holland, and I'm not saying he needs to go either. We have just had everything go right for us for 20 years now and we hit a speed bump and everyone flips their ****.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
On the plus side, I took advantage of the opportunity to score some really easy vBucks.

So I got that goin' for me. Which is nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad