GDT: Game 15 | Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild | 6:00 PM EST | FS-D

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I'm not sure what you're driving at, since the point of that story was maybe the D and the goalies need to get on the same page. That means not standing a couple feet away from your goalie.

I'm driving at this point: even if Kronwall was trying to block shots like a boss, he's doing it aaaallll wrong.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Why does it have to be an either/or thing with Kronwall and Lashoff?

Clearly they're both playing like crap.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I love coming to a DRW message board to hear all about the Dallas Stars. :sarcasm:

If it makes you feel better Hull, Verbeek, and Hatcher were on the team! :laugh:

Also I figure it's a shade more interesting since, oh I don't know, everybody would know every single Wings anecdote around here. Yeesh, sorry. Now I know how people Mickey feels when people complain about his stories.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Kronwall once again on the ice for a majority of goals against, including the game winner. Please remind me how awesome he is at playing defense.

RedWingsNow*

Time that Babcock gets the criticism he deserves.

People have been bashing Holland -- and with good reason.

But Babcock has lost his bearings.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
If it makes you feel better Hull, Verbeek, and Hatcher were on the team! :laugh:

Also I figure it's a shade more interesting since, oh I don't know, everybody would know every single Wings anecdote around here. Yeesh, sorry. Now I know how people Mickey feels when people complain about his stories.

And Modano!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Why does it have to be an either/or thing with Kronwall and Lashoff?

Clearly they're both playing like crap.

That's been my position. Although I don't think it was on that goal (thus the discussion), but overall, yeah pretty garbage.

It reminds me of the Stars trying to make Robidas a #1 D all those years... :naughty:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
We come out working hard and not making mistakes. We get a couple of goals. Then we start playing loose and make mistakes. Those mistakes end up in the back of the net.

I know I've heard Babcock say over and over and over and over and over and over that they have to take care of the details. I'm surprised he still has a fine head of hair and hasn't pulled it all out yet.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
3rd game in a row that they should have won, but lost.

****ing disgusting.

Babs should be calling out whoever the **** is in charge of the PP, instead of guys like Kindl.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
It's time for a shake up. BENCH Sammy, BENCH Cleary, BENCH Kronwall!! Put them in the press box for a few games and let them watch some rookies take their places. Maybe that will get their heads out of their A$$3$!!!!!!

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
If we had a working powerplay we get 1-2 points today. Even just a "pretty bad" road powerplay. Anything would be better than what it is currently.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Tatar with the two best scoring chances by anyone not on the top line. Need to get this kid more opportunities.

Kronwall-Lashoff continues to be a disaster.

PP is an embarrassment.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Horrendous loss. This is the kind of loss you see from bad teams
Hate to break it to you but Detroit is a bad team so far. A bad team is a team that DOESNT show up to play ALL 3 PERIODS. You can't WIN a game in 1 period, but you can LOSE a game in 1 period. The wings have been the example of this lately.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If we had a working powerplay we get 1-2 points today. Even just a "pretty bad" road powerplay. Anything would be better than what it is currently.

Yeah, I'd remove Cleary from the top PP unit and add Filppula at the point or just keep Nik "goalie screener" Kronwall as your lone point on an umbrella power point setup with Fil, Z, Pavs and Brunner as your forwards.

1 potentially very good unit is better than one moderately good one and one gawd awful one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad