GDT: Game 15 | Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild | 6:00 PM EST | FS-D

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
How Kindl isn't a regular on this team is confusing to me.

Got a 6'3, 26 year old defensmen(still young) who has been hitting, playing a bigger game, and has the skill there to be a puck mover, at least as a number five, probably number four guy. Hell, he's 8th on the team in hits and only has 9 games played, so he's playing physical.

I think you'd see a Tatar-like progression if he was actually given a legit shot rather than this in-and-out ******** we're seeing from Babcock.

It's clearly not working, and seems to mess with a guys confidence.

The Wings skilled prospects have not been given fair shots by the coaching staff, where plugs like Emmerton and Lashoff have?

Doesn't compute.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I love how everyone here knows who should be playing over whom.

There are a whole lot of practices and conversations we're never a part of.

you're absolutely right, except that we all see the end results and the end results are all that matters.

actions and results are all fans care about, words or talks during practice that fail to result in success mean jack squat

you either win or you get criticized, end of story

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
I love how everyone here knows who should be playing over whom.

There are a whole lot of practices and conversations we're never a part of.

Remember when a lot of fans here could clearly see that Datsyuk and Zetterberg needed to be split up? And then Babcock eventually split them up games later and the team started winning?

You don't need to be an NHL coach to have a good idea.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
How Kindl isn't a regular on this team is confusing to me.

Got a 6'3, 26 year old defensmen(still young) who has been hitting, playing a bigger game, and has the skill there to be a puck mover, at least as a number five, probably number four guy. Hell, he's 8th on the team in hits and only has 9 games played, so he's playing physical.

I think you'd see a Tatar-like progression if he was actually given a legit shot rather than this in-and-out ******** we're seeing from Babcock.

It's clearly not working, and seems to mess with a guys confidence.

The Wings skilled prospects have not been given fair shots by the coaching staff, where plugs like Emmerton and Lashoff have?

Doesn't compute.

Lots of the fans would disagree with you, but I completely am with you on Kindle. He has not shown to be anything but solid in my eyes.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
The Kindl move really confuses me about Babcock. He seems to hold different players to different standards. Kindl, IMHO, has been our 2nd best D man after Ericcson this year. Certainly better than Lashoff.

I also don't understand the unwillingness to give Nyquist a fair chance. We're not going anywhere now, mediocrity at best. Why not start looking towards the future? I agree we don't see practices and know what's involved in all the decisions but Babcock's willingness to accept such nightly substandard performances from Cleary and then benching Kindl make me question if he's lost his objectivity

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
The Kindl move really confuses me about Babcock. He seems to hold different players to different standards. Kindl, IMHO, has been our 2nd best D man after Ericcson this year. Certainly better than Lashoff.

I also don't understand the unwillingness to give Nyquist a fair chance. We're not going anywhere now, mediocrity at best. Why not start looking towards the future? I agree we don't see practices and know what's involved in all the decisions but Babcock's willingness to accept such nightly substandard performances from Cleary and then benching Kindl make me question if he's lost his objectivity

Practice is practice.

Guys could look great there, but aren't performing in games. We all get to see the games and how poorly guys like Cleary are, yet they still get all the opportunity.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Don't hold your breath but:

Ansar Khan
@AnsarKhanMLive
Looks like Tatar replacing Cleary on 2nd line with Filppula and Samuelsson, at least in practice.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Don't hold your breath but:

Ansar Khan
@AnsarKhanMLive
Looks like Tatar replacing Cleary on 2nd line with Filppula and Samuelsson, at least in practice.

I thought I saw them on a line together near the end of the 3rd. Hopefully it sticks, Tatar was one of our best players the last couple games.

A1Portable

Nov 5, 2005
Lots of the fans would disagree with you, but I completely am with you on Kindle. He has not shown to be anything but solid in my eyes.

I tend to agree. Much to my surprise, Kindl has looked like a much improved defenseman this season.

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
Team Looked pretty good for the most part...

Really looked like Minnesota got a few lucky bounces that went their way.

Mrazek should have had that tying goal imo.

Wings are in a little funk, they look like they are completely gassed out, and the heart just isn't their right now.

Hopefully something triggers them soon. Detroit really needs to find a way to get healthy, and keep players off the IR.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I know that people are upset, due to the Wings inconsistent play, but isn't it to be expected? We all knew the roster was going to be old and full of pluggers, save for Z and Dats, and that the defense, minus Lidstrom, was going to be a step backwards.

Only thing I can fault Babcock with, are his line pairings, and love of Cleary, but he's only working with the hand that Holland has dealt him. Special teams aren't good, especially the PP, but look at what's on the roster, bletch. Injuries aren't helping matters either.

The only surprising player, has been Brunner. Part of me, just wants this season to be a rebuilding one, and see if they can get a decent 1st rounder for a change (and not trade them away).

Another thing I thought of this morning, with all the money Ilitch has been pumping into the Tigers, perhaps there isn't as much to put into the Wings?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I know that people are upset, due to the Wings inconsistent play, but isn't it to be expected? We all knew the roster was going to be old and full of pluggers, save for Z and Dats, and that the defense, minus Lidstrom, was going to be a step backwards.

Only thing I can fault Babcock with, are his line pairings, and love of Cleary, but he's only working with the hand that Holland has dealt him. Special teams aren't good, especially the PP, but look at what's on the roster, bletch. Injuries aren't helping matters either.

The only surprising player, has been Brunner. Part of me, just wants this season to be a rebuilding one, and see if they can get a decent 1st rounder for a change (and not trade them away).

Another thing I thought of this morning, with all the money Ilitch has been pumping into the Tigers, perhaps there isn't as much to put into the Wings?

Even if that were true (I don't think it is) Holland could've spent the money smarter. Unloading Cleary, Bertuzzi and Samuelsson could open up cap space for another impact forward and open up roster slots for young players like Tatar and Nyquist who could easily fill their void.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad