GDT: Game 14 | Pens @ Caps | 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Dp6fyvT.png

Malkin-Hornqvist again? Ugh. When will Sully learn, oil and water don’t mix.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hornqvist and Malkin have been consistently good together. The results of the duos are consistently great. They really need to go back to that duo because even when not scoring, they've generated a ton of chances.

I'm hoping ZAR has some good showings in the next couple of games, I think he's a guy who could really give a shot in the arm to that bottom-6. I think an undermentioned problem with the bottom-6 is how damn soft it is, and ZAR has the ability to improve that. The goal should be ZAR being one of their bottom-6 players (or more) by the end of the year.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Hornqvist and Malkin have been consistently good together. The results of the duos are consistently great. They really need to go back to that duo because even when not scoring, they've generated a ton of chances.

I'm hoping ZAR has some good showings in the next couple of games, I think he's a guy who could really give a shot in the arm to that bottom-6. I think an undermentioned problem with the bottom-6 is how damn soft it is, and ZAR has the ability to improve that. The goal should be ZAR being one of their bottom-6 players (or more) by the end of the year.
I don't think ZAR's good enough to be in the top 6 (although they might use him there for a spell), but at least he won't hurt us defensively like Sprong. He's pretty good on the walls too.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I don't think ZAR's good enough to be in the top 6 (although they might use him there for a spell), but at least he won't hurt us defensively like Sprong. He's pretty good on the walls too.

ZAR was better in the top 6 last season than the bottom 6. Although the dynamics change as he won’t be on a line with Rowney and Kuhn. In the playoffs though he was our worst forward.

He’ll have better suited line mates now and hopefully he learnt some things from last season. He’s picked up his game in the AHL lately so it’s good timing. Hopefully L4 clicks from the get go. He knows Wilson and Cullen is a smart player.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
These lines suck. All this talent and Crosby has to play with Simon and Rust :huh:

Simon has probably been the best with him this season. Might not be a big name on paper but he’s doing the job.

Reactions: Peat

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

ZAR was good in the top-6 in the short window he was there, and I think he could be a nice complementary piece to Crosby in that role. I'd be very intrigued with trying Guentzel-Crosby-ZAR, since it turns out that ZAR can play RW too. Crosby's RW is still an issue at this point, so if Sullivan wants to try ZAR there, I'm all for it.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
ZAR was better in the top 6 last season than the bottom 6. Although the dynamics change as he won’t be on a line with Rowney and Kuhn. In the playoffs though he was our worst forward.

He’ll have better suited line mates now and hopefully he learnt some things from last season. He’s picked up his game in the AHL lately so it’s good timing. Hopefully L4 clicks from the get go. He knows Wilson and Cullen is a smart player.
He scored some fortunate rebounds and got an empty netter. I don't think it's sustainable, but like I said I like his compete and attention to detail away from the puck. We need more players with that fire right now.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Simon has probably been the best with him this season. Might not be a big name on paper but he’s doing the job.

I've must have missed the good games. Just go back to what works. Guentz/Crosby/Horny. Hags/Malkin/Kessel.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
He scored some fortunate rebounds and got an empty netter. I don't think it's sustainable, but like I said I like his compete and attention to detail away from the puck. We need more players with that fire right now.

Yeah we need some more urgency throughout the line up. The bottom 6 got some more skill now too which has been lacking especially with Brassard out.

I’m actually looking forward to the game.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I've must have missed the good games. Just go back to what works. Guentz/Crosby/Horny. Hags/Malkin/Kessel.

Sully is doing that for L2 and L3. They worked last season.

Geno has a strong line at both ends and will be a good possession line. That’s important because the puck goes in the o zone and straight out.

Kessel and Jake played awesome last season with Sheahan providing support and gives much needed skill/depth in our bottom 6.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Plus OV beats most goalies shortside anyways. It's all in how he's set up and there are not too many lefty goaltenders in the league.

For sure. DeSmith's stick is definitely weaker than his glove, and Mur has a great record against the Caps. However, team trend dictates this switch. Looking for CDS to put in a strong showing tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad