GDT: Game 14 | Pens @ Caps | 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The 4th line is not made up the way it should be.

Sprong hasn't jumped past anybody yet on the right side (I think he said right side). Need a different makeup.

What does he mean by a "different makeup"? That other players should be on the 4th line or Sprong should be playing higher?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Only voice who would command more attention would be Mario.

Here that..... Don't make Mario speak, boys...

giphy.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He doesn't like Sprong on the 4th line, but hasn't done enough to beat out the guys above him to move up.

It seems weird that he's throwing shade at guys like Rust and Guentzel (I definitely think he's throwing shade at these 2) as being bad on the year, while also saying Sprong hasn't done enough to jump those guys. It seems really clear that he was subtweeting Guentzel with the "big contract" talk and both Rust and Guentzel with the young players "forgetting what got them here" talk.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It seems weird that he's throwing shade at guys like Rust and Guentzel (I definitely think he's throwing shade at these 2) as being bad on the year, while also saying Sprong hasn't done enough to jump those guys. It seems really clear that he was subtweeting Guentzel with the "big contract" talk and both Rust and Guentzel with the young players "forgetting what got them here" talk.

Sprong has at least deserved as many chances at the top 6 as Rust has. And I say this as a massive Rust Homer.

The coaching staff narrative is bullshit.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

I don't think its weird at all. None of them have played as well as they can, which means there's plenty of shade to throw around at all three.

Incidentally, I think if I was talking young players forgetting what got them here, I think that might mean Maatta too.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think its weird at all. None of them have played as well as they can, which means there's plenty of shade to throw around at all three.

Incidentally, I think if I was talking young players forgetting what got them here, I think that might mean Maatta too.

The only reason I don't think it's Maatta was because he turned pro before JR was even in the Penguins organization. I think if JR is commenting on what guys did to get into the NHL, he's talking about guys he was here for when they broke into the league. Guentzel seems like the big standout guy, seeing how he had problems last season with partying and gambling too much iirc.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The only reason I don't think it's Maatta was because he turned pro before JR was even in the Penguins organization. I think if JR is commenting on what guys did to get into the NHL, he's talking about guys he was here for when they broke into the league. Guentzel seems like the big standout guy, seeing how he had problems last season with partying and gambling too much iirc.

Fair point. He's young and he doesn't seem to be playing with the same sharpness which is why I thought him - it sounds like Rutherford could mean multiple guys.

But Rust and Guentzel are more obvious fits. I'd do so far as to say that Rust in particular may have about 10-15 games to save his Pens career.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Awe man my graphic was removed just bc I got the lineups wrong. It was replaced with a tweet of the same Pens lineup I used in my graphic.
I did that because your graphics weren't displaying. When I went to the drop box address one was there and one was gone. I uploaded the one that was there to Imgur. Sorry, just trying to be helpful. You can edit it out if you like.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I did that because your graphics weren't displaying. When I went to the drop box address one was there and one was gone. I uploaded the one that was there to Imgur. Sorry, just trying to be helpful. You can edit it out if you like.
Thanks for your help. No worries. LGP!

Reactions: DegenX

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
To be honest, I wouldn't worry who you think GMJR is singling out. He was singling out pretty much the entire team at various points in that interview. Not one person sounded like they were spared from his ire.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Most certainly Rust/Johnson, and the rest is up for debate.

Why would he be criticizing Johnson? Nothing there makes me think of JJ.

Fair point. He's young and he doesn't seem to be playing with the same sharpness which is why I thought him - it sounds like Rutherford could mean multiple guys.

But Rust and Guentzel are more obvious fits. I'd do so far as to say that Rust in particular may have about 10-15 games to save his Pens career.

And when you have a struggling LW version of Rust on a floundering team that may become available in Tanner Pearson, I can definitely see this being the case. Rutherford wants Sprong in the top-9, know a way to get him there? Trade one of the top-9 RWers you're not happy with for a LWer.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Madden called DeSmith a "curtain jerker, 5 foot 4 career backup". And he said Murray's better and has no idea why they're starting Casey.

DeSmith .921 last year. .932 so far this year.

Sometimes want to grab MM's shoulders and shake the *edit*out of him.

:ha::madfire::banghead::soap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tom Hanks

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Dreger on pregame show says Pens have young pieces that other teams would be interested in, and then solely mentions Sprong, and that other teams may be interested and suggests JR is already working the phones...no other “piece” mentioned....no one should be surprised with this organization...

EDIT...sounds like an attempt to drum up interest in Sprong...well they gave him a whole 12 games...good job developing the kid

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad