Jun 14, 2016
Reactions: Badfish87

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Classy move from the Caps. Kudos.

Famous last words, but Caps games are usually good for resetting the team's focus.

The results aren't as terrible as everyone thinks

Well, the results show that Crosby is better WITHOUT Rust and that, OMG MIRACLE, Rust is better with Sid than he is without him.

Do you wanna see a guy that actually makes Sid BETTER? Because, hey, that's what it should be about, right? Maximizing the performance of your BEST asset, right?

Look here

I'd print both these pages on paper and have Sid EAT them until he accepts to play with Hornqvist. I am not usually FOR torture, but that's a special case.

----

Here is what I'd try when everyone is healthy

Simon - Crosby - Hornqvist
Hagelin - Malkin - Sprong
Guentzel - Sheahan - Kessel (worked well in the past)
Cullen - Brassard - Rust

Brassard can get shifts with Sid and Horny or Guentzel and Kessel to raise his ice time. Rust can also replace Sprong depending on the in-game situation.

Next step, I am sending my resume to JR. I will hire @ColePens and @KIRK to run the Xs and Os. I'll take care of bench management, motivation and discipline. Sid will have us fired next season after we win the Cup this year.

Last edited:

phaeded

Jan 10, 2012
Thanks. I went by the lines at the last practice that I saw on twitter. I had to post last night because my life is a bit of a mess right now. I will try to change it if I get home before the game. It is not always easy to monitor the constant line changes and iterate on the graphic. I suggest people just look at Twitter or other posters’ info for lineup changes.

Wilson and Zar both called up.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
We’ll see if this game “resets” the Pens’ focus, but after watching them lose their shit against the Devils no less, I expect the Caps to go the extra mile to frustrate and agitate the Pens...

If the Pens go down by 3 or 4, we might see a total meltdown...

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
We’ll see if this game “resets” the Pens’ focus, but after watching them lose their **** against the Devils no less, I expect the Caps to go the extra mile to frustrate and agitate the Pens...

If the Pens go down by 3 or 4, we might see a total meltdown...

Not to mention up to this point, the only adjustments Sullivan has been willing to make are as follows:

Play at least one of Rust or Simon with Crosby
Keep Sprong on the bench
Play Sheahan and Cullen more

Reactions: Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Well, the results show that Crosby is better WITHOUT Rust and that, OMG MIRACLE, Rust is better with Sid than he is without him.

Do you wanna see a guy that actually makes Sid BETTER?

Look here

I'd print both these pages on paper and have Sid EAT them until he accepts to play with Hornqvist. I am not usually FOR torture, but that's a special case.

So one guy is so bad with Sid that suggesting he mightn't be terrible there provokes a lot of shouting, while the other guy is so good there that we should torture Sid until he accepts him, based on numbers which mostly vary by 1-3%. That makes sense.

The biggest difference there is the GA swing, which has a lot more to do with the goaltending than the extra Scoring Chance and 3 extra High Danger Chances the goaltending sees over the course of every 4 games or so. Elsewise, they're pretty similar by and large.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Do you wanna see a guy that actually makes Sid BETTER? Because, hey, that's what it should be about, right? Maximizing the performance of your BEST asset, right?

Look here

Crosby was actually better without Hornqvist last year. Sid's HDGF and CF were worse with Hornqvist than without.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
First decision of the year I’ll criticize Sully for. Makes absolutely no sense to play Wilson.
The entire team plays like dog shit so you sit the one player on the ice less than anybody else. Brilliant coaching move. I'm sure the team sees through this coaches crap just like those Ottawa Senators see through theirs.

"Guys, you better step up your game or I'm going to scratch Sprong again!"

Or how about, "Maatta, if you don't stop giving up 30 odd man rushes per game and making terrible decisions all over the ice, I'm going to scratch Riikola again!"

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I kept @Peat sample of 3 seasons.

My point was mostly, that Sid's hate of Horny is ridiculous when that match up is what is best for the team.

I haven't looked at Rust nor Horny with other centers.

Sid's dislike is a bit ridiculous, yeah, although its not like they're always clicking with each other.

Tbh, right now, the best thing for the team is for Simon to stay consistent enough to be Sid's RW.

edit:

p.s.

The level of disdain for dropping the three skaters with the highest HDCA when on ice is a bit OTT really.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I kept @Peat sample of 3 seasons.

My point was mostly, that Sid's hate of Horny is ridiculous when that match up is what is best for the team.

I haven't looked at Rust nor Horny with other centers.

Yeah I know. I'm just saying the combination actually didn't work as well last year as it had in the past. So Sid/Horny isn't always a good thing.

Like if we look at HBK that line was good one year and trash the next. What worked in the past doesn't always work in the present.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Sid's dislike is a bit ridiculous, yeah, although its not like they're always clicking with each other.

Tbh, right now, the best thing for the team is for Simon to stay consistent enough to be Sid's RW.

edit:

p.s.

The level of disdain for dropping the three skaters with the highest HDCA when on ice is a bit OTT really.
Sid's dislike for Horny on his RW is only exceeded by his downright hatred for Kessel in that spot.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
First decision of the year I’ll criticize Sully for. Makes absolutely no sense to play Wilson.

Well it’s not the first for me, but at least Vrana is playing....playing a career AHLer over Sprong tells you all you need to know about Sully...I hope Q is being given some consideration....

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce