polymath

Feb 15, 2013
They didn't even give Dan Cleary an HM.

No there are 3 stars and then

There are superstars
dan_cleary-x-large.jpg

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Frustrating game the wings outplayed the ducks and had a lot of and luck. The broken stick then the 2 gift goals to start the third. It sucks to outplay someone and lose

RedWingsNow*

Kronwall posts another -3
He's -9.
I'm sure his 10 points in 14 games will fool some.

Lashoff needs to go ASAP. Kronner needs an NHL defenseman for a partner.

Zetterberg had a rough game. 0 points -3.
He's back to +/-0 on the seasonf

Tatar 2+2 in 6 games <--- 8th in team scoring
12 minutes a night.
Bert 3+1 in 7 games with almost 16 minutes a night.

Abdelakder 1 assist in 14 games. Just on accident he should have more.

CloneHakanPlease*

Trade Kronwall, Nyquist and Tatar for Bogonsaion and Derick Meech.

Bogo - Quincey
Ericsson - White
Smith - Kindl
Meech

That looks about 200x better than what we currently have

Gladiator.gif

Having a Healthy Smith and Cola would make it look a lot better if you just kept Kronwall too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
So.. I want to see Tatar in the top six next game. When(if) healthy though, I want to see him on the 3rd line with Helm. I think they could be dynamite.

Personally. I'd leave him right where he is. Just give that whole line more minutes. They were the most effective line tonight. By far.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
You absolutely can claim he hasn't given them a chance. Nyquist gets called up 5 hours before a game only due to monumental injuries.

They couldn't call him up until a roster spot was opened by Bert going on IR.

Tatar has been looking good in every game he's been up for and Babcock isn't giving him ice-time either.

He's stuck in his ways and has some irrational intense loyalty to Dan Cleary.

CloneHakanPlease*

They couldn't call him up until a roster spot was opened by Bert going on IR.

Tatar has been looking good in every game he's been up for and Babcock isn't giving him ice-time either.

He's stuck in his ways and has some irrational intense loyalty to Dan Cleary.

Just because I'm mad at Holland doesn't mean I can't be mad at Babcock too. Both are making the wrong decisions.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Trade Kronwall, Nyquist and Tatar for Bogonsaion and Derick Meech.

Bogo - Quincey
Ericsson - White
Smith - Kindl
Meech

That looks about 200x better than what we currently have

Except we then have nobody to replace our old veterans. Would much rather keep the current pace and if we fail we fail. No need to sell off our guys that can contribute now and in the future.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Just because I'm mad at Holland doesn't mean I can't be mad at Babcock too. Both are making the wrong decisions.

True...there is certainly enough blame to spread around.

I'm just more frustrated with Babcock's decisions lately, so I'm defensive when Holland gets blamed for things I perceive as Babcock's mistake.

In reality both tend to be too loyal to veterans when there are kids who can do their jobs better.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Fun 2nd period seeing the kids score, but then it went off the rails in the 3rd and they never got anything going again.

Ah well, let's hope for some better results Sunday.

SlavaKozlov

Feb 16, 2003
Akron, OH
Visit site
You absolutely can claim he hasn't given them a chance. Nyquist gets called up 5 hours before a game only due to monumental injuries.

Exactly, the guy gets called up on gameday, barely gets a chance to practice with the team, and people here expect him to use him like a regular top 6 player and contribute.

I am not hating on Nyquist or praising Cleary with my comments in the other thread, but even just playing 11 minutes (even in the bottom 6) and practicing with the team will help him get adjusted and comfortable in the NHL, and then let his role increase. It isn't an easy step to make to jump from the AHL into the NHL, and especially not when you are just a last minute call up because Samuelsson or Datsyuk was unexpectedly injured on game day, which was the situation for each of his call ups this year.

I thought they should have used Tatar on Filppula's line and played Nyquist with Andersson and Eaves, since Tatar is more of a shooter to play with Filppula and Nyquist can play with a more familiar player in Andersson and help adjust to the NHL game on a lower line. Hopefully the Wings keep Nyquist up and let him play more than being just an emergency call up, like they have done with Tatar. Tatar is looking better and better each game now that he has been able to stay on the team longer than a 1 game call up. Nyquist has skill, I just think he needs to get stronger and get adjusted to the game better. Remember, Datsyuk didn't play with Brett Hull on game 1 of his career.

NewHopeForEveryone

Mar 24, 2011
solution is simple...

switch 1st line with 3rd line and profit...

Tatar - Anderson - Eaves as 1st will be everywhere on the ice with 18min a night

on the other hand EVERY one team in NHL would like to have Zetterberg with his fellas on 3rd line so they will own everyone

wait sorry...i forgot...Cleary is there...nevermind

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
You can't blame the 2nd one on White at all, his stick exploded on him. Kronwall was not on the top of his game and if we want to have any chance to succeed this year he has to step it up defensively.

I'm not blaming White?

I'm blaming the 3 and 4 goals on turnovers. White was #2. I already said that I couldn't blame White for his stick exploding.

1. This might have been the wrong place to post that, but I have seen a lot of Seth Jones posts from Red Wings fans.
Which means what? That they aren't fans anymore? No longer watching the games? We're all still here.

2. LA proved last year that all it takes is getting into the playoffs. Granted right now the Wings are not a contender. Say we get healthy and Howard gets hot? Unlikely I know, but it could happen.

LA was a team that underperformed during the regular season. It happens. Don't let their seeding fool you.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
on the bright side, tatar was really good, other than on EN goal.

his play in this game was why i said in 2010 that tatar reminds me a bit of zach parise (not saying tatar will be as good, though). both are energetic players who have a way of constantly moving around for openings. i also like how he gets off his shot quickly.

his improved skating, strength and D are impressive, and indicative of hard work, even though he has been dispirited at being left in AHL.

oh well. detroit red griffins arent as bad as i expected. kronner is really starting to get on my nerves tho.
he's been really mediocre defensively this season. there have been quite a few plays where kronwall looks really dumb.

the worst thing is that with full healthy roster you can say goodbye to Tatar and Nyquist and welcome Cleary back in3rd line where he will disapear as hes disapearing everywhere
i would not say cleary disappears, his sucky play is noticeable in almost every game.

You can talk about injuries all you want, but the "depth" guys had no problem producing against Anaheim, while the likes of Kronwall, Cleary, Filppula, White, etc. **** the bed.
yep

bottom 6 has been generally good in past few games.

line of andersson and tatar was the most dangerous. zetterberg did not have a great game, but he was certainly not bad, and his line was not effective. 2 of his minuses were not at all his fault.

cleary seems to be a drag on whichever line he plays.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Coach chained him to the goalpost

If thats the case, he should do the same to Kronwall.

Quincey is 22nd in the league in +/- and Kronwall is in 2nd last.

Tonight they had almost the exact same amount of icetime and Quincey finishes +1 to Kronwall's -3.

I don't think Quincey is a better player than Kronwall. Maybe its luck, maybe its his opposition or just the forwards on the ice with him performing better, but somehow he has been far more effective than Kronwall this season at even strength.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If thats the case, he should do the same to Kronwall.

Quincey is 22nd in the league in +/- and Kronwall is in 2nd last.

Tonight they had almost the exact same amount of icetime and Quincey finishes +1 to Kronwall's -3.

I don't think Quincey is a better player than Kronwall. Maybe its luck, maybe its his opposition or just the forwards on the ice with him performing better, but somehow he has been far more effective than Kronwall this season at even strength.

There was an EN goal with all the top players on the ice. Let's not get too caught up in tonight's +/- without judging it fairly.

Here's some food for thought. Mark Fistric lead the Stars in +/- a few years ago. +27! Yeah. Some fans thought he was due for a big break out season. Other people figured out +/- is a load of crap that tends to favor those that play against sheltered competition. He followed that season up with a -10. Then a -3. Then he was traded for a bag of pucks.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
There was an EN goal with all the top players on the ice. Let's not get too caught up in tonight's +/- without judging it fairly.

Here's some food for thought. Mark Fistric lead the Stars in +/- a few years ago. +27! Yeah. Some fans thought he was due for a big break out season. Other people figured out +/- is a load of crap that tends to favor those that play against sheltered competition. He followed that season up with a -10. Then a -3. Then he was traded for a bag of pucks.

Yes, in this case the plus/minus is obviously an anomaly too considering Kronwall's stellar play.

No..... I'm pretty sure Kronwall has earned most of those minuses

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yes, in this case the plus/minus is obviously an anomaly too considering Kronwall's stellar play.

Fair.

Unfair to say that Quincey's play has deserved all those +'s.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Okay Mr. Smarmy. Who said anomaly?

I said you need to judge it fairly. Quincey is +7. That's great. But he's not better than Kronwall despite his -9. The stats say there's a 16 point spread between them. Do you think that the spread is that great between them?

I think Kronwall is playing top minutes with an AHL defender against the other team's top units every single shift. And the plus/minus reflects it's not working, but let's not get carried away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad