GDT: Game 14 | Anaheim Ducks @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'd seriously see what you can get for him via trade. I'm being completely serious. He's a nice offensive defenseman who is by no means elite and he's terrible in his own zone. The fact he's known for being physical could make him even more appealing. I don't think his value will improve over time, it will probably drop.

I don't think we can afford to move Kronwall. He gets a lot of flak, but he's still the best we have. If we can get a young blue chip D from someone looking for that last vet piece...maybe. I think we have to build around him, though, and hope to bring in a guy or two to push him down the chart.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
So.. I want to see Tatar in the top six next game. When(if) healthy though, I want to see him on the 3rd line with Helm. I think they could be dynamite.

Rael

Dec 28, 2012
Vienna
Kronwall is playing downright pathetic and his points total can't really cheat anybody who watches some games. That terrible giveaway on the third goal might have cost us the whole game and that back pass that went out of the zone when Emmerton actually won the faceoff when we had an empty net was just ridiculous.
He needs to improve a lot if the Wings want to have any chance of making the playoffs.

Iowa Wingsfan

Jan 9, 2012
the worst thing is that with full healthy roster you can say goodbye to Tatar and Nyquist and welcome Cleary back in3rd line where he will disapear as hes disapearing everywhere

If Cleary is resigned I will start the revolt. Pitchforks for everyone!

CloneHakanPlease*

Yep. 1-2 minutes in the 3rd, all at the beginning of the period.

If he gets sent down after this I will go **** on Ken Holland's car.

Maybe the reason he is struggling is because he never gets a chance to adjust and actually play NHL minutes?

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Brunner, Zetterberg, Cleary and Kronwall all -3 tonight.

Only + players were Andersson, Eaves and Quincey.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
If he gets sent down after this I will go **** on Ken Holland's car.

Maybe the reason he is struggling is because he never gets a chance to adjust and actually play NHL minutes?

If you want to be mad at someone for his ice-time **** on Babcock's car, he's the one not putting him out there.

Although I didn't find him nearly as impressive tonight as Tatar was.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I've been saying it for years: Kronwall's version of the breakout pass is to wait until you're in traffic and then "HERE!" he slaps it into your skates.

RedWingsNow*

1. This might have been the wrong place to post that, but I have seen a lot of Seth Jones posts from Red Wings fans.

2. LA proved last year that all it takes is getting into the playoffs. Granted right now the Wings are not a contender. Say we get healthy and Howard gets hot? Unlikely I know, but it could happen.

We don't have the defense, the skill or size to win the cup

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Clueless Cleary Cannot Cut It
Biased Babcock Blames Bad Luck

Sorry, I get poetic when I get drunk can't help it.

Mickey Redmond*

Nov 2, 2010
Cleary is completely worthless. Might as well bench him in favor of some of the young guys, teams isn't even close to being a contender anyways.

HTT3*

Trade Kronwall, Nyquist and Tatar for Bogonsaion and Derick Meech.

Bogo - Quincey
Ericsson - White
Smith - Kindl
Meech

That looks about 200x better than what we currently have

CloneHakanPlease*

If you want to be mad at someone for his ice-time **** on Babcock's car, he's the one not putting him out there.

Although I didn't find him nearly as impressive tonight as Tatar was.

Babcock actually lives in my sub, so I considered it, but I can't blame Babcock for not playing him much, as he wasn't that good tonight. The reason he looked lost is because he has regressed due to Holland letting him rot in the A.

CloneHakanPlease*

Now people can't claim Holland isn't giving the kids a chance; Babcock simply isn't playing them over nigh-useless veterans. Ridiculous.

You absolutely can claim he hasn't given them a chance. Nyquist gets called up 5 hours before a game only due to monumental injuries.

You don't get better playing against better players. If you stay there long enough, you get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad