GDT: Game 14 | Anaheim Ducks @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Dare I say it, but Emmerton is really looking like solid this year; by far the most improved player on this team. If he keeps this up, I think it's fair to say I that completely misjudged his potential (as far as a 3rd/4th liner goes, anyway, but hey... he's doing everything that I like and expect out of that role thus far), and am more than willing to eat my share of crow on this one.

Agreed, he looks like a totally different player this year. I'm impressed.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
“Two freebies,'' Babcock said. “Kuba (Jakub Kindl) is not in the right spot, should be over here helping out. (Niklas) Kronwall's pass to Fil (Valtteri Filppula) is off his stick, Kuba's not back defensively to look after it.

What about Cleary, Babcock ?

Seems like he's giving Kronwall quite the get out of jail free card, as well. Flip has been bad this season, no doubt about it, but Kronwall has been brutal. Maybe Babs is saving his criticism for 55 for the locker room, but it's strange to me to call out a role player publicly and not mention the guy who is probably playing the worst on the team (neck and neck with Cleary in the ol' suck race).

Hilarious to blame Kronwall's pass to Flip that ended up being a turnover on Flip, and not acknowledge that it was a terrible effort by Nik. He rifles a pass from a short distance away directly into Flip's skates... I'll bet Pavel is the only guy on the team who wouldn't have coughed up the puck after receiving that pass.

RedWingsNow*

Boy, why the **** is Kindl taking so much heat for Kronwall and Flip?

Babcock doesn't have the guts to criticize his assistant captain?

RedWingsNow*

Agreed, he looks like a totally different player this year. I'm impressed.

My impression of emmerton is that he's going to be a good depth center.

I see people questioning his skating, but it's fine, IMO. Strength and faceoffs are his big priorities.

Aug 6, 2012
Boy, why the **** is Kindl taking so much heat for Kronwall and Flip?

Babcock doesn't have the guts to criticize his assistant captain?

I don't get Babcock. He publicly ripped McCollum by saying he has 0 trust in him (though its true) and now he's finally coming out and criticizing specific players, but he picks and chooses who.

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
You guys are unbelievable. Kronwall gets blamed for every ****ing goal this team lets in. Nevermind he's baby sitting a rookie. Never mind the team is a MASH unit...

Half of you have probably never even played the game before. Cheers boys, I've had enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
You guys are unbelievable. Kronwall gets blamed for every ****ing goal this team lets in. Nevermind he's baby sitting a rookie. Never mind the team is a MASH unit...

Half of you ****s have probably never even played the game before. Cheers boys, I've had enough.

Worst logic. "Unless you've done it, don't point out problems."

I guess no one but doctors should sue others for medical malpractice then, right?

What's with people and being completely unable to think through things objectively?

And yeah, he's going to get blamed for a lot of goals if he's ALWAYS ON THE ICE WHEN THE GOAL IS SCORED. Which he is. And when he's the last Red Wing to touch the puck before the goal is scored? THEN OF COURSE HE'S GOING TO GET BLAMED.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Seems like he's giving Kronwall quite the get out of jail free card, as well. Flip has been bad this season, no doubt about it, but Kronwall has been brutal. Maybe Babs is saving his criticism for 55 for the locker room, but it's strange to me to call out a role player publicly and not mention the guy who is probably playing the worst on the team (neck and neck with Cleary in the ol' suck race).

Hilarious to blame Kronwall's pass to Flip that ended up being a turnover on Flip, and not acknowledge that it was a terrible effort by Nik. He rifles a pass from a short distance away directly into Flip's skates... I'll bet Pavel is the only guy on the team who wouldn't have coughed up the puck after receiving that pass.

My guess as to why he's not criticizing Fil is because he probably shouldn't be playing and wouldn't if not for the rash of injuries. It was also a brutal play by Kronwall. You can watch the games, you can look at the stats, everything indicates Kronwall has been terrible this season. Crying and threatening to leave the board doesn't change what's happened to this point.

Babs is one of the best coaches in the business. Kronwall is supposed to be our #1 d-man. So why is he playing the fewest mins in the past 5 years at EVS? With Lidstrom and Stuart gone? Seriously, he hasn't played a non-injury shortened season where he's averaged as few mins as he averages this season.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
My guess as to why he's not criticizing Fil is because he probably shouldn't be playing and wouldn't if not for the rash of injuries. It was also a brutal play by Kronwall. You can watch the games, you can look at the stats, everything indicates Kronwall has been terrible this season. Crying and threatening to leave the board doesn't change what's happened to this point.

Babs is one of the best coaches in the business. Kronwall is supposed to be our #1 d-man. So why is he playing the fewest mins in the past 5 years at EVS? With Lidstrom and Stuart gone? Seriously, he hasn't played a non-injury shortened season where he's averaged as few mins as he averages this season.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Wait, what? Those quotes from the article seemed to be blaming Flip and Kindl and pretty much excusing Kronwall.

Who's threatening to leave the board (granted, I can think of a few who, if they did choose to leave, I wouldn't miss too terribly)? Who needs to smell the coffee? What is going on here? How many questions can I string together here?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Wait, what? Those quotes from the article seemed to be blaming Flip and Kindl and pretty much excusing Kronwall.

Who's threatening to leave the board (granted, I can think of a few who, if they did choose to leave, I wouldn't miss too terribly)? Who needs to smell the coffee? What is going on here? How many questions can I string together here?

Ha, that was directed more at Jimbo who said he was done with everything.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Ha, that was directed more at Jimbo who said he was done with everything.

OH, that makes more sense. You threw me a Verlander curveball by quoting my post, though- definitely a swing and miss for me ;)

Anyway, it is hard to fathom anyone seeing the Wings play this year and have them NOT notice how bad Kronwall has been.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane

Half of you ****s have probably never even played the game before. Cheers boys, I've had enough.

Who's babysitting who? Seems like Kronwall should be the one getting babysat.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Who's babysitting who? Seems like Kronwall should be the one getting babysat.

Should've been taken care of this offseason after we lost both Lidstrom and Stuart. Every single defensemen out there is over their heads and Kronwall is being exposed since his game isn't suited for the type of role he's been given. The safest defensemen we can put out right now is Ericsson. I've said since last year that Kindl is going to get traded, while some like him, he's been a pretty big disappointment from the time he's gotten to play on the Wings. Blame it on poor development structure by the Wings or whatever, but he hasn't shown much more than a guy like Lashoff or Huskins.

Sadly, if Holland actually did his job and put some real top 4 defensemen on the team I don't think it would be as easy to see the glaring short comings that a lot of these guys have.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Should've been taken care of this offseason after we lost both Lidstrom and Stuart. Every single defensemen out there is over their heads and Kronwall is being exposed since his game isn't suited for the type of role he's been given. The safest defensemen we can put out right now is Ericsson. I've said since last year that Kindl is going to get traded, while some like him, he's been a pretty big disappointment from the time he's gotten to play on the Wings. Blame it on poor development structure by the Wings or whatever, but he hasn't shown much more than a guy like Lashoff or Huskins.

Sadly, if Holland actually did his job and put some real top 4 defensemen on the team I don't think it would be as easy to see the glaring short comings that a lot of these guys have.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you. I just have a hard time with people finding new and exciting ways to cut Kronwall some slack. I guess the latest one is that he has to babysit rookies which apparently prevents him from gaining good defensive positioning and also forces him to screen his own goalie.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you. I just have a hard time with people finding new and exciting ways to cut Kronwall some slack. I guess the latest one is that he has to babysit rookies which apparently prevents him from gaining good defensive positioning and also forces him to screen his own goalie.

I don't think this year is going to be an accurate representation of where these players are. If you put Kronwall out there with a bunch of #6 defensemen I don't think anyone is going to look good. That's not cutting Kronwall slack, it's just the way it is. The same way why you can put the best goalie in the league on the worst team and he won't be able tor reach his potential.

This team basically has Kronwall and Ericsson as guys who could play in the top 4 on other teams, everyone else are basically #6's at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad