Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 EDSF - BRUINS at Washington - NBC, CBC, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
My ex-wife of 9 years HATED the Bruins and hated when I would play late beer league games. That's one of the reasons she's my EX-wife.
My present wife of 25 years is like me and we very very rarely miss a live game on tv, we chaperone games for her school during the season. She and I were in Europe in 2019 and watched game 6 (IIRC) of the SC final in the Grand Hotel in Portugal. It was 4 hours later there and we watched all of the OT play culminating with a loss. The next morning we had to be with our tour at 8 am for breakfast and then flew via commuter prop play to another island. We suffered big time! So many other New Englanders on the tour knew that I had watched the game *(Portuguese announcers). All that day people were coming up to us and asked about the game, who scored, what happened etc.
There was a cardiologist in the group who must've thought that I was crazy to stay up until 4ish in the morning to watch it. HE had the most questions though about the outcome. LOL
*No, I don't understand Portuguese so my wife translated.

We are truly brothers from another mother. I can communicate in 4 languages (French, Italian, English , Spanish ) , Portuguese is the one I'm working on at the moment, understand when others talk , struggle to express myself .

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
My wife is from Arkansas. Her first hockey game she ever watched - live or on TV - was when tickets dropped into my lap for Game 7 against the Canadiens in 2011. She was 8 months pregnant. She’s been a die hard hockey fan ever since.

We watch every game as a family in my house - 6 year old goes to bed after the first period, 9 year old after the second (listens to the third on the radio). Oldest plays squirts, wife is on the board of our hockey program. We had a 32’x64’ backyard rink this year. And I finally learned to ice skate this year.

Hockey grabs you like no other sport - regardless of age or anything. Hockey was never my first sport until 2011. Now it’s first, second, third, fourth, fifth...
Marriage made in hockey Heaven. God Bless you both for bringing more Bruins fans into the world!:yo:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If they win we talk about our spouses good qualities, if they loose well were all sleeping outside or divorced.
There's something special about having a spouse who loves the Bruins. We usually try to scoop the other on trades etc. For instance after the huge TDL that the B's had we spent all kinds of time talking hockey. She gets alerts on her phone re the Bruins but I would be too distracted and wouldn't be able to get back on track if I'm working. I found out about the Hall trade Sunday night (TDL eve) but didn't want to wake her up incase it became another Iginla (2013) fiasco and didn't wanna jinx it, lol.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
All you Bruins fans cheering for the Habs , shame on you. I get the hate for the Leafs but you just can't cheer for the Habs. It's just not allowed. Take the none of the above option.
What’s there to hate about them though? They aren’t a good team at all so I can’t really take them seriously. I’ve lost a little bit of the hate for them over the past few years because of their mediocrity.

Reactions: VanIsle

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I hope the Bruins go deep. I don't see a reason for them not to be able to do so. The goalies are solid. The D is perfect and healthy. The offense is better than it has been in some time.

In this first round with Washington, they should win. It will be a punishing round hopefully without injuries, that is most important going into the second round.

Go Bruind

This is going to be fun. Fans, we are in for a great ride.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Feeling very confident going in to the play offs. Not fearing the Caps at all.
Ovi is getting old, he looks tired and frustrated most of the time. Caps goaltending is a mess and their defense is made out of pylons.
But it's playoff hockey and the edge turns are sharp.
One small puck bounce can turn everything upside down.
It's the best team the Bruins have had since, well since 2011 I would say.
But the game is won out there on the ice.
The Bruins need to want to win and the cost is pounding and hurting.
We're the Boston Bruins and this time we're gonna show it.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
What’s there to hate about them though? They aren’t a good team at all so I can’t really take them seriously. I’ve lost a little bit of the hate for them over the past few years because of their mediocrity.

Well I guess those that live in Montreal may see it from a different perspective.

Habs fans, because of their history, are the most arrogant f***ers on the planet. You constantly have to listen them boast about their 24 Stanley Cups even though often, the person doing the boasting wasn't even alive the last time they won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad