Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 EDSF - BRUINS at Washington - NBC, CBC, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
When I 1st married my wife I watched a lot of recorded games, she needed all the attention she could get.

Time has a way of working things out, Now, 32 years later, I get " don't you have a hockey game to watch"?

I guess Gee Wally is right, maybe I’m not the eye candy she married anymore.
“Don’t you have a hockey game to watch?”......:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Love it!

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
My wife is from Arkansas. Her first hockey game she ever watched - live or on TV - was when tickets dropped into my lap for Game 7 against the Canadiens in 2011. She was 8 months pregnant. She’s been a die hard hockey fan ever since.

We watch every game as a family in my house - 6 year old goes to bed after the first period, 9 year old after the second (listens to the third on the radio). Oldest plays squirts, wife is on the board of our hockey program. We had a 32’x64’ backyard rink this year. And I finally learned to ice skate this year.

Hockey grabs you like no other sport - regardless of age or anything. Hockey was never my first sport until 2011. Now it’s first, second, third, fourth, fifth...

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

I don’t buy it, I think it’ll be Vanecek.

I agree, although it’s hard to tell what happened with him in that last game.

No Chara for optional? Probably feeling effects of that hard crash into the boards. Once adrenal shut down bet he was uncomfortable. He looked pretty hurt for a while after that play. Was actually surprised (not surprised) he came back out. Guess he’s just not like Tommy Take a Knee.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
My wife is from Arkansas. Her first hockey game she ever watched - live or on TV - was when tickets dropped into my lap for Game 7 against the Canadiens in 2011. She was 8 months pregnant. She’s been a die hard hockey fan ever since.

We watch every game as a family in my house - 6 year old goes to bed after the first period, 9 year old after the second (listens to the third on the radio). Oldest plays squirts, wife is on the board of our hockey program. We had a 32’x64’ backyard rink this year. And I finally learned to ice skate this year.

Hockey grabs you like no other sport - regardless of age or anything. Hockey was never my first sport until 2011. Now it’s first, second, third, fourth, fifth...

When I was looking for a house my realtor asked us what was important/must have....my first comment was enough room for a good size hockey rink...my wife said a house in a good school district. Long story short we both got what we wanted.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I agree, although it’s hard to tell what happened with him in that last game.

No Chara for optional? Probably feeling effects of that hard crash into the boards. Once adrenal shut down bet he was uncomfortable. He looked pretty hurt for a while after that play. Was actually surprised (not surprised) he came back out. Guess he’s just not like Tommy Take a Knee.
Lots of guys missing, I think we’re definitely the healthier team for now. Hope we can keep it that way, especially on the back end.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
When I 1st married my wife I watched a lot of recorded games, she needed all the attention she could get.

Time has a way of working things out, Now, 32 years later, I get " don't you have a hockey game to watch"?

I guess Gee Wally is right, maybe I’m not the eye candy she married anymore.

When my wife and I were early on in our dating years (less than 8 months together) she bought tickets for us - game 5 at Boston Garden against the hated Habs in '94.

To this day, still let her eat crackers in bed.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Its funny how life works...when I met my wife she had never been to a hockey game and was allergic to cats

STH since we moved back in 2007, we go to upwards of 30 games in the regular season and never miss a playoff game. And when the Bs are on on the road, NESN is on and the phones can wait. Add in we have four cats a d all I can say is although it hurts right now be patient - the right person will truly accept you as you are
My ex-wife of 9 years HATED the Bruins and hated when I would play late beer league games. That's one of the reasons she's my EX-wife.
My present wife of 25 years is like me and we very very rarely miss a live game on tv, we chaperone games for her school during the season. She and I were in Europe in 2019 and watched game 6 (IIRC) of the SC final in the Grand Hotel in Portugal. It was 4 hours later there and we watched all of the OT play culminating with a loss. The next morning we had to be with our tour at 8 am for breakfast and then flew via commuter prop play to another island. We suffered big time! So many other New Englanders on the tour knew that I had watched the game *(Portuguese announcers). All that day people were coming up to us and asked about the game, who scored, what happened etc.
There was a cardiologist in the group who must've thought that I was crazy to stay up until 4ish in the morning to watch it. HE had the most questions though about the outcome. LOL
*No, I don't understand Portuguese so my wife translated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad