Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 EDSF - BRUINS at Washington - NBC, CBC, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
9EFB69F7-FB83-4E2E-80C7-63939CDF7225.gif
As insufferable as the Leafs and their fans are, have you all forgotten that the Canadiens have won twenty-five of THIRTY-FOUR series? Including SEVEN (7) Stanley Cup Final wins against the Bruins??? Too many men on the ice? The 2016 Winter Classic? Anyone?

What have the Maple Leafs ever done to the Bruins? Not much.

To paraphrase an old Cold War saying about the Soviet Union that I’m applying to the Habs - “shake hands, but count your fingers afterwards.” There’s too much history to forget who the Bruins’ true rival really is. Too much heartbreak. What about all the abuse Bruins fans north of the border have endured because of that team? Leafs fans can’t say shit and they know it. Montreal is a different story.

I’m not rooting for either team, and I hope they beat the bag out of each other. I couldn’t clap for Toronto even if I wanted to because I’ll be holding my nose while I watch. Hoping for Leafs in 7 in quintuple OT.*

*If Montreal wins, I want a Bruins - Canadiens Stanley Cup Final where the Bruins annihilate the Habs in four massively lopsided games. The deciding goal in Game 4 is accidentally kicked into the net by Carey Price early in the first period, and the Bruins smash the Habs 11-0. Edit: Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, and Taylor Hall all score hat tricks.
9EFB69F7-FB83-4E2E-80C7-63939CDF7225.gif

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
We are truly brothers from another mother. I can communicate in 4 languages (French, Italian, English , Spanish ) , Portuguese is the one I'm working on at the moment, understand when others talk , struggle to express myself .
Same boat, but for me it's Italian. I'm good at imitating an Italian speaking English with thick accent with the hands gesture and everything...but express myself it's a different ball game.

Reactions: rfournier103

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
As insufferable as the Leafs and their fans are, have you all forgotten that the Canadiens have won twenty-five of THIRTY-FOUR series? Including SEVEN (7) Stanley Cup Final wins against the Bruins??? Too many men on the ice? The 2016 Winter Classic? Anyone?

To paraphrase an old Cold War saying about the Soviet Union that I’m applying to the Habs - “shake hands, but count your fingers afterwards.” There’s too much history to forget who the Bruins’ true rival really is. Too much heartbreak. What about all the abuse Bruins fans north of the border have endured because of that team? Leafs fans can’t say shit and they know it. Montreal is a different story.

I’m not rooting for either team, and I hope they beat the bag out of each other. I couldn’t clap for Toronto even if I wanted to because I’ll be holding my nose while I watch. Hoping for Leafs in 7 in quintuple OT.*

*If Montreal wins, I want a Bruins - Canadiens Stanley Cup Final where the Bruins annihilate the Habs in four massively lopsided games. The deciding goal in Game 4 is accidentally kicked into the net by Carey Price early in the first period, and the Bruins smash the Habs 11-0. Edit: Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, and Taylor Hall all score hat tricks.

One my really good friends, the kind of friend you'd go through a wall for and give organs to if they needed it, is a HUGE leafs fan. All his life. He always says, "I want one before I die".

As a Bruin fan, we know the heartache. I've been a bruin fan since about 1979 and waited til I was 41 to get a cup.

If the Leafs ever won, I'd be really happy for him.

But with every win/loss in that series will come fallout. As Thanos said in End Game "I'm going to enjoy it, very much."

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`ll be at work but I have the CBC app all downloaded to the tablet and my focus on work will be at a minimum this evening

4-3 B`s tonight

Reactions: Mathews28

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I think we all have to give a nod to how good of a line-up that is.
Win or lose the game/series... that's an incredibly deep and talented roster they'll be icing today.

Yup. Full strength at just the right time and super deep.

Caps are a great team and it'll be a close series but full confidence in this group.

Reactions: b in vancouver

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
One my really good friends, the kind of friend you'd go through a wall for and give organs to if they needed it, is a HUGE leafs fan. All his life. He always says, "I want one before I die".

As a Bruin fan, we know the heartache. I've been a bruin fan since about 1979 and waited til I was 41 to get a cup.

But with every win/loss in that series will come fallout. As Thanos said in End Game "I'm going to enjoy it, very much."
I know how you feel.

I have very dear friends that root for other teams, and even if wins come at the expense of my team, I’m still happy for them. As the old saying goes; blood is thicker than water.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Honestly more Leaf fans come to games in Boston than any other fan base. I (in 19 years) have yet to meet a Toronto fan I didn't like.

I want the B's to win BUT if Boston was out and Toronto won I would be happy for their fans.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Need a full total team effort tonight.

I have my wine for tonight and depending on how I feel later, I may have a glass during the first period.

I need a pre game nap after my 5 mile walk.

Stay hydrated everyone!

LFG Bruins!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Honestly more Leaf fans come to games in Boston than any other fan base. I (in 19 years) have yet to meet a Toronto fan I didn't like.

I want the B's to win BUT if Boston was out and Toronto won I would be happy for their fans.
I've never met a Toronto fan in person, but I would be thrilled for Steve Dangle.

That's as far as I'd go though. :laugh:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I've never met a Toronto fan in person, but I would be thrilled for Steve Dangle.

That's as far as I'd go though. :laugh:
For him and everyone like him. It would almost be like the Red Sox winning in ‘04.

It’ll be nice - for them - IF it happens, but it’s not something I give any real thought to. Drought or no, Toronto still has 13 Stanley Cup wins. That’s more than their share and I don’t give a rat’s ass how long it’s been since the last one.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Just adding my two cents, I think that the difference in Bruins fans who hate Leafs more than the Habs are likely people like myself who live in Canada. Where I live there are so many Leafs fans that I would never hear the end of it from friends, family and the media, to the point where I would prefer any other team in the league win over the Leafs. If the Habs win, there are still lots of fans of them here, but unless you live in Quebec id bet Leafs fans always outnumber Habs.

Reactions: rfournier103

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

I wish I could say the same. In the game Kadri concussed DeBrusk, the Laffs fan sitting next to me was on his tenth or eleventh beer. After the hit, I said to my brother "That's an obvious charging. He butted in and tried to argue it was boarding, slurring at me "Which is worse, dude? Which is worse?" (as if both can't be a major). I finally told him to shut up, drink his beer, and watch his team lose. His girlfriend was mortified.

Otherwise, Leafs fans have always been cool, especially when their team sucked.

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->