Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 EDSF - BRUINS at Washington - NBC, CBC, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Im an islanders fan but I find it absolutely impossible to root for the Caps in any series against any team. Outside of Ovi I don't respect any of the players and the organization in general is the trailer trash of the NHL in my opinion. Wish you guys luck in this series and hopefully we'll see you next round

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Honestly more Leaf fans come to games in Boston than any other fan base. I (in 19 years) have yet to meet a Toronto fan I didn't like.

I want the B's to win BUT if Boston was out and Toronto won I would be happy for their fans.
I would be happy for some fans...not all of them. If they win, which I highly doubt (God help us all). They will be insufferable.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Alicat

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Yup. Full strength at just the right time and super deep.

Caps are a great team and it'll be a close series but full confidence in this group.

It really is extremely good. Won't last forever so need to appreciate how much talent there is on this roster. I don't think we're collectively appreciating it enough.
They might lose in the first round but this team is stacked. It's on them.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Playoff Trivia:

In the regular season, this player has 24 goals in 270 games

In the playoffs, this player has 9 goals in 46 games.

Who is the player?

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Hab fan here and I'm rooting for a Bruins win. Boy I must be getting senile with age. :laugh:

Good luck B's!
I detest the Canadiens, and could never root for them, but have always been shown respect in personal encounters with their fans.

there’s a quote from ‘Rambo: First Blood Part II’ that sums up my relationship with Montreal fans...

LT. COL. Podovsky to John Rambo:
“...to me you are a comrade, similar to myself, just opposed by an act of fate.”

Reactions: Habano

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I wore my very ratty bright orange/yellow Bruins shirt from 2008 to walk this morning and heard a guy tell his wife that the playoffs started tonight :)
Wednesday, my wife & I received our first vaccine. I wore my Bruins jacket & Celtics face mask. The jacket prompted a few comments from the security staff who were Leafs & Habs fans. It was fun bantering, all good actually...lol

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Wednesday, my wife & I received our first vaccine. I wore my Bruins jacket & Celtics face mask. The jacket prompted a few comments from the security staff who were Leafs & Habs fans. It was fun bantering, all good actually...lol
Love it!

Reactions: pgm16

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
In the run of less than 24 hours I a) Got swabbed Tuesday evening...tested negative (yay), b) next morning unknowingly worked while a positive case shopped at my store (Costco), and c) got my first shot of Pfizer after work. I now need to go to work tomorrow morning, and then get tested again.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I wish I could say the same. In the game Kadri concussed DeBrusk, the Laffs fan sitting next to me was on his tenth or eleventh beer. After the hit, I said to my brother "That's an obvious charging. He butted in and tried to argue it was boarding, slurring at me "Which is worse, dude? Which is worse?" (as if both can't be a major). I finally told him to shut up, drink his beer, and watch his team lose. His girlfriend was mortified.

Otherwise, Leafs fans have always been cool, especially when their team sucked.
I remembered years ago when their team was really bad 4 Leaf fans were at the Garden (sitting near @DKH ) . They had their Leaf jerseys on and wore bags over their heads for the whole game:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: DKH and Spooner st

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Im an islanders fan but I find it absolutely impossible to root for the Caps in any series against any team. Outside of Ovi I don't respect any of the players and the organization in general is the trailer trash of the NHL in my opinion. Wish you guys luck in this series and hopefully we'll see you next round
I want the Bs to win it all but if we don't the NYI would my pick in the East

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I wore my very ratty bright orange/yellow Bruins shirt from 2008 to walk this morning and heard a guy tell his wife that the playoffs started tonight :)
I went to Hannaford's in Londonderry this morning to grocery shop and had my Bruin's mask on. Several people said "good Luck tonight".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad