Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 EDSF - BRUINS at Washington - NBC, CBC, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
I hope the Bs play a full 60 minutes .

How many games before Wilson does something stupid and gets himself suspended ? The stripes had better call him for the stuff he does or this will get out of control.
Really hope the Bruins focus more on scoring goals than on Tom Wilson. If he does stupid crap then make him pay for it but don’t turn that into the focus this series.

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
11 hours to go. All my prep work is done, Bergy Tahoe Jersey hanging in wait, fridge is stocked, fresh bottle of Lagavulin ready for action and the annual bottle of wine and chocolates for the next door neighbours as a preemptive sorry for the noise at 2am!

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
BHR-L-sportsfront-210515-A040.jpg

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

aguineapig

Third line can swing a series and a playoff run. These guys with Derek Sanderson were huge, shut down Bobby Hull in the Semi final sweep. No goals, two assists for the Golden Jet. Kuraly and Coyle built for this series. 7th Player Nick Ritchie serves up some Swoop Carleton.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Let's go boys, play our game!

Don't ask me how I know but Debrusk scores 2 goals tonight.
I’m with ya I feel a big DeBrusk performance early in this series. It might do him some good on the 4th line to just skate hard hit & shoot.. straight line skating! DeBrusk definitely scoring tonight

Reactions: Shupei

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
All you Bruins fans cheering for the Habs, shame on you. I get the hate for the Leafs but you just can't cheer for the Habs. It's just not allowed. Take the none of the above option.
As insufferable as the Leafs and their fans are, have you all forgotten that the Canadiens have won twenty-five of THIRTY-FOUR series? Including SEVEN (7) Stanley Cup Final wins against the Bruins??? Too many men on the ice? The 2016 Winter Classic? Anyone?

What have the Maple Leafs ever done to the Bruins? Not much.

To paraphrase an old Cold War saying about the Soviet Union that I’m applying to the Habs - “shake hands, but count your fingers afterwards.” There’s too much history to forget who the Bruins’ true rival really is. Too much heartbreak. What about all the abuse Bruins fans north of the border have endured because of that team? Leafs fans can’t say shit and they know it. Montreal is a different story.

I’m not rooting for either team, and I hope they beat the bag out of each other. I couldn’t clap for Toronto even if I wanted to because I’ll be holding my nose while I watch. Hoping for Leafs in 7 in quintuple OT.*

*If Montreal wins, I want a Bruins - Canadiens Stanley Cup Final where the Bruins annihilate the Habs in four massively lopsided games. The deciding goal in Game 4 is accidentally kicked into the net by Carey Price early in the first period, and the Bruins smash the Habs 11-0. Edit: Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, and Taylor Hall all score hat tricks.

Last edited:

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I’m scared though about the Caps power play. I know are PK is great but it’s a concern with staying out of the box. Keep the limit at under three.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
When my kids were younger the one time they'd freak out or cry because of me was when I was watching The Bruins in the 3rd period or playoffs. Random yelling and animated movements. My wife was like 'Why don't you just go watch the game at the pub today.' I watch games with my one daughter sometimes as she's pretty used to me now.

Please beat The Caps. '12 was one of the more underrated frustrating series as there wasn't a second all 7 games that I wasn't sure The Bruins would win. I don't want this to even be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad