Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 EDSF - BRUINS at Washington - NBC, CBC, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I went on a first date with a girl my buddy set me up with. A blind date. We had spoken on the phone but not met. I walked into the restaurant, she said my name, I said yes and she started kissing me! To quote an earlier poster, she was an absolute smokeshow goddess.
It happened to be game 3 against Montreal in 2011, and we watched the whole game. After the Bruins won, she told the waitress, "I'm gonna have one more drink then take this guy home." In the parking lot she showed me her CCM Super Tacks.
Sounds like the perfect date, but she was far from perfect. Only went out with her once or twice more....batshit crazy!

Anyway.......good luck! LOL

This made me laugh extremely hard. Ahhhh the batshit crazy ones.

Reactions: Gordoff

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
You had me until "absolute smokeshow Goddess"; what are you 21? Just a hot chick you dated, if that's the first thing that came to mind, when thinking about losing her; I promise! You'll meet another, and you will realize the last one was not the one. :)

Haha nope.... 37. Was with her on and off for 12 years. The "smokeshow goddess" is unfortunately a necessary/extremely important factor in a significant other for me... not the only important thing... but a necessary requirement nonetheless! Also important requirement... letting me watch the Bruins and/or watching with me.

Appreciate the judgement though and thinking I'm young ;)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Hey Chara is on their 3rd pairing. I don't get what happened. Didn't he leave Boston because they figured he'd be on our 3rd pairing and he wasn't down with that? Seems weird to then wind up on their 3rd.

If he was going to be a everyday 3rd pairing D-man, I believe Chara is still here.

I think they indicated to him that he would be subbing in/rotating in/whatever with the other LD on the 3rd pair who would be a young guy (Zboril probably). Basically no longer an everyday player.

I get Chara leaving, being told after year of being an everyday guy that your now basically a spare is a bitter pill to swallow for any proud athlete.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I went on a first date with a girl my buddy set me up with. A blind date. We had spoken on the phone but not met. I walked into the restaurant, she said my name, I said yes and she started kissing me! To quote an earlier poster, she was an absolute smokeshow goddess.
It happened to be game 3 against Montreal in 2011, and we watched the whole game. After the Bruins won, she told the waitress, "I'm gonna have one more drink then take this guy home." In the parking lot she showed me her CCM Super Tacks.
Sounds like the perfect date, but she was far from perfect. Only went out with her once or twice more....batshit crazy!

Anyway.......good luck! LOL

Do you have her number? She had CCM Super Tacks. Sounds perfect to me. Sign me up!

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
If he was going to be a everyday 3rd pairing D-man, I believe Chara is still here.

I think they indicated to him that he would be subbing in/rotating in/whatever with the other LD on the 3rd pair who would be a young guy (Zboril probably). Basically no longer an everyday player.

I get Chara leaving, being told after year of being an everyday guy that your now basically a spare is a bitter pill to swallow for any proud athlete.

I see both sides of it.... but I still don't like it. He wasn't guaranteed anything in Washington, just like he wasn't here... I think maybe it would be EASIER for him to accept being a potential spare part in Washington... but honestly, if he accepted the deal they offered him, I'll bet he ended up playing at least 75% of the games this year.

Really hoping the B's can expose him this series.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Yah, you want a woman who is strong enough to know you both need and deserve "me time" and also most importantly understands that it is vital to a happy, successful relationship. If she couldn't find something to do to entertain herself if it was a game night and she had no interest in watching with you then you are better off in the long run because she was not actually your dream girl. :)

When I 1st married my wife I watched a lot of recorded games, she needed all the attention she could get.

Time has a way of working things out, Now, 32 years later, I get " don't you have a hockey game to watch"?

I guess Gee Wally is right, maybe I’m not the eye candy she married anymore.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I see both sides of it.... but I still don't like it. He wasn't guaranteed anything in Washington, just like he wasn't here... I think maybe it would be EASIER for him to accept being a potential spare part in Washington... but honestly, if he accepted the deal they offered him, I'll bet he ended up playing at least 75% of the games this year.

Really hoping the B's can expose him this series.

I bet seeing how things played out he probably wishes he was still with the good guys rather than the scumbags.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
. And that all occurs even if we win ! I’ve kind of given up on watching Bruins playoff games with other people because I know what I’m like . So thank God for this board.
Folks on this board have been through so much together. I live alone (with 2 cats) so it is nice to have folks to watch the game with.

When the B's won the cup in 2011 everyone got along well...for a day :laugh:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
lmao

That blog is just using the fact "but we're the higher seed!" as a cope, as if their entire team hasn't gotten injured while the Bruins got healthy and added the two most effective pieces on the trade market at the deadline and have been playing lights out since.

It's not going to be an upset when the Bruins win just because the Caps accumulated more points over 56 games while our defense was injured and we had no 2nd line before Hall.

Reactions: inactive user

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The Bride couldnt care less about any sports.

We will be married 40 years in a couple of weeks.

Different strokes for different folks.

In regard to looks , guy or gal, they dont last and in the end aint worth diddley.

Time always wins.
I’m with you Wally. I got lucky and found a very pretty girl who somehow thought my wild and dangerous ways were intriguing. Got sober three years after we married and in the long run I guess I somehow turned out to be not such a bad bet after all. 34 years later still very happily married with two “kids” I’d be lost without.

You got it right. In the end, betting on time always wins when finding a mate that makes you happy. The rest is just window dressing - nothing more.

I knew I had a winner from day one. She had to be a touch more patient, but that’s just part of what makes her so top level.

That girl, who is not a hockey fan, would go to me to the Old Garden and scalp tickets to get in!!:laugh: That old smokey building with its’ obstructed view seats and greasy yellow painted seats afforded us a lot of laughs and fun. “Why is that guy just banging his hand slowly against the metal in front of his seat?” “It’s just what he does kiddo, just what he does!”:laugh:

For you young uns....... if I had one bit of advice? Make your partner laugh and don’t be afraid to say you’re sorry when it’s warranted. In the end there’s almost no hill worth dying on, and never go to bed mad at each other.

Congrats on upcoming 40th Mr. and Mrs. Gee Wally!!!!!!!!!

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Well now, Leicester City in the FA Cup final, followed by B's game 1. Tomorrow has the potential to be a very good day, or an incredibly bad day.
Hate to say it, but I’m a Liverpool fan so I’m rooting for Leicester demise in PL so Liverpool can somehow sneak into top 4.

That said, Leicester will always have a place in my heart as the team that accomplished, IMO, the single biggest feat in modern day ($$$$) sports. In a world of salary caps, luxury taxes, and financial shenanigans it’s almost inconceivable what they accomplished by winning the PL.

Wholeheartedly rooting for your boys to win the FA Cup!!!!!!

Reactions: Bruins Bhoy

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad