Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 EDSF - BRUINS at Washington - NBC, CBC, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
To be fair, I wouldn't have... it was penciled in for a week now. :(

It’s all in the presentation, Shep.

“I really like you. I mean really, there’s something about you. I really want to share my interests with you. There’s a Bruins game on Saturday. Please watch it with me.”

How could she say no?

Side note: my girlfriend is spending the weekend at my house.

I shared the excellent news that the Bruins have a playoff game Saturday night and the better news that my son is coming over with my granddaughter and we’re going to feast and watch the Bs and she absolutely needs to be part of this.

It’s all presentation. Hmmm. She hasn’t replied to that text yet. Uh oh.

anyway have a good time Saturday and hope this is the start of a great relationship.

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I'm going on a date Saturday night, she's either going to run away or respect me for who i am 5 minutes into that first period.

This is a true test.
Good luck ! I’m probably at my worst as a human being while watching a Bruins playoff game . Sure , maybe I’m passionate but I also curse like a drunken sailor . I’m petulant , childish , unforgiving , nasty . And that all occurs even if we win ! I’ve kind of given up on watching Bruins playoff games with other people because I know what I’m like . So thank God for this board.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Good luck ! I’m probably at my worst as a human being while watching a Bruins playoff game . Sure , maybe I’m passionate but I also curse like a drunken sailor . I’m petulant , childish , unforgiving , nasty . And that all occurs even if we win ! I’ve kind of given up on watching Bruins playoff games with other people because I know what I’m like . So thank God for this board.
....I thought I was the only one.....

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

i don’t wanna talk to anyone. I need to immerse myself in the game

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Starting to think that a full day of paintball Saturday will be a nice way to work out the stress. By the time i get home the game will likely have already started, so i can fire up the DVR and skip commercials.

This is pleasant news to end my day

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Hab fan here and I'm rooting for a Bruins win. Boy I must be getting senile with age. :laugh:

Good luck B's!

Wow, thanks! Must say this might be a bit of a weird experience for us Bs fans. Majority of the time most neutrals are against us, but with all the Wilson and related business this season, I think for once we might be the preferred team of many for this series. Hope we can repay that support and send the Caps packing.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I’m rooting for the Habs in your series. Cant stand the Leafs. Hope you shut all those cocky Leaf fans up!
That's why I want you guys to win. Although we're bitter rivals, you guys know hockey and, when it really comes down to it, we can have a rational conversation. The Leaf fans are beyond arrogant. That's pretty ironic for a franchise that hasn't done squat in 50+ years. I just don't get it.

If they get through the North, I hope they face the Bruins along the way. You are their kryptonite :laugh:

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
We must've been separated at birth!:wedgie:

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'm in Toronto. Missed Roy Halladay's first ever playoff start for the Phillies, you know, the playoff no-hitter, because I was on a date. Still with her so at least there's that.

“Had to go see about a girl...”
upload_2021-5-14_0-52-42.gif

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
After a childhood of being beat up by Habs fans on the play ground...doing my best to defend Doug Keans....I will slowly walk away from Habano’s comments...and stay civil
Sorry to hear about that man, but kudos to you for staying civil with me. Just wanted to drop in and offer my support.

Anyhow, I'll respectfully bow out of this thread before I ruffle any more feathers.

Take care and good luck guys.

NSBruinFan

Jul 17, 2006
Cape Breton, NS
Sorry to hear about that man, but kudos to you for staying civil with me. Just wanted to drop in and offer my support.

Anyhow, I'll respectfully bow out of this thread before I ruffle any more feathers.

Take care and good luck guys.
Thanks. I have found a hockey loving balance with Habs fans like yourself over the years. But the scars from the earl 80s run deep.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I'm going on a date Saturday night, she's either going to run away or respect me for who i am 5 minutes into that first period.

This is a true test.
I also have a date that night........with 24 loud mouth soups as I scream at the caps and cheer for the b's!
Good luck my friend!

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

This is a true test.

to me it’s simple, if she knows you’re watching the game and you’re a Bruins fan and maybe she is too then you’re good

if you’re just hoping she’ll be fine with it, ooof.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I watch alone most games, because my wife always come out with it's just a game line at least once when I am ranting about the game. She doesn't get it lol

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Hab fan here and I'm rooting for a Bruins win. Boy I must be getting senile with age. :laugh:

Good luck B's!

Cheering for the Habs vs the figLeafs for numerous reasons....the main one being Nostrils Matthews is an asshole plus leaf media thinks his piss can cure Covid.
Shutting them up would be a service to the hockey world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad