Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 EDSF - BRUINS at Washington - NBC, CBC, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Good luck ! I’m probably at my worst as a human being while watching a Bruins playoff game . Sure , maybe I’m passionate but I also curse like a drunken sailor . I’m petulant , childish , unforgiving , nasty . And that all occurs even if we win ! I’ve kind of given up on watching Bruins playoff games with other people because I know what I’m like . So thank God for this board.

This is true for me as well. I'll watch a game with another fan(s) but otherwise I'm a solo viewer.

One good thing though- since I bought the flat screen tv I no longer throw things at the TV. The cats are thankful too. :laugh:

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
Well now, Leicester City in the FA Cup final, followed by B's game 1. Tomorrow has the potential to be a very good day, or an incredibly bad day.

Good luck man! I bet on Leicester for the cup at the start of the season so stand to win a few quid if you can pull it off.

Can’t wait for the puck to drop, will be a long day tomorrow! Spent most of the season wanting to avoid the Caps but since the deadline and the resurrection of our 2nd line, I really like our chances.

Reactions: Bruins Bhoy

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Hab fan here and I'm rooting for a Bruins win. Boy I must be getting senile with age. :laugh:

Good luck B's!

It must be happening to me too- ask anyone on this board about how much I hate your team. I can never root for the Habs.

That said, here's the deal- I won't root against you guys vs Toronto. And if we end up playing the Leafs, we'll give them an extra hard beat down just for you. :)

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
It's a tough call. Kind of a Good Will Hunting moment here for ol' Shep

"I had to see about a girl."

Yea I'm no longer with my dream girl probably party due to my love for the Bruins. She thinks I put them before her, and wanted me to miss games to spend time with her and show her she's more important... which I personally never understood because the Bruins are not competition.

The way I look at it is... this is who I am. Love me as I am. I'll give you my full attention for 90% of the rest of my free time, but I just want to watch the Bruins games.... especially playoff games. She will haunt me forever though... absolute smokeshow Goddess.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Some of you guys love to live dangerously
giphy.gif

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Yea I'm no longer with my dream girl probably party due to my love for the Bruins. She thinks I put them before her, and wanted me to miss games to spend time with her and show her she's more important... which I personally never understood because the Bruins are not competition.

The way I look at it is... this is who I am. Love me as I am. I'll give you my full attention for 90% of the rest of my free time, but I just want to watch the Bruins games.... especially playoff games. She will haunt me forever though... absolute smokeshow Goddess.
You had me until "absolute smokeshow Goddess"; what are you 21? Just a hot chick you dated, if that's the first thing that came to mind, when thinking about losing her; I promise! You'll meet another, and you will realize the last one was not the one. :)

Reactions: BMC

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Good luck ! I’m probably at my worst as a human being while watching a Bruins playoff game . Sure , maybe I’m passionate but I also curse like a drunken sailor . I’m petulant , childish , unforgiving , nasty . And that all occurs even if we win ! I’ve kind of given up on watching Bruins playoff games with other people because I know what I’m like . So thank God for this board.

Like looking into a mirror ......

Reactions: Gordoff

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

I'm definitely batting out of my league tomorrow, which is why I'm pretty much locked into this. Was it a rookie move? Absolutely, however the payoff is solid. I'm probably going to head to the pub early and just absolutely delete a few rums first though.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I'm definitely batting out of my league tomorrow, which is why I'm pretty much locked into this. Was it a rookie move? Absolutely, however the payoff is solid. I'm probably going to head to the pub early and just absolutely delete a few rums first though.
I went on a first date with a girl my buddy set me up with. A blind date. We had spoken on the phone but not met. I walked into the restaurant, she said my name, I said yes and she started kissing me! To quote an earlier poster, she was an absolute smokeshow goddess.
It happened to be game 3 against Montreal in 2011, and we watched the whole game. After the Bruins won, she told the waitress, "I'm gonna have one more drink then take this guy home." In the parking lot she showed me her CCM Super Tacks.
Sounds like the perfect date, but she was far from perfect. Only went out with her once or twice more....batshit crazy!

Anyway.......good luck! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad