Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 EDSF - BRUINS at Washington - NBC, CBC, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yea I'm no longer with my dream girl probably party due to my love for the Bruins. She thinks I put them before her, and wanted me to miss games to spend time with her and show her she's more important... which I personally never understood because the Bruins are not competition.

The way I look at it is... this is who I am. Love me as I am. I'll give you my full attention for 90% of the rest of my free time, but I just want to watch the Bruins games.... especially playoff games. She will haunt me forever though... absolute smokeshow Goddess.

That's kinda how I am too. I don't do golf, football, baseball, nothing else. I just wanna watch my hockey. I have gotten much better over the years with recording games and watching late at night or the next day if there's something I need to tend to, and that's helped.

It's my vice, and it's part of me. Love me and accept me, but a slight obsession with the Bruins is part and parcel.

I'm all for missing games for the right moments though. By missing, I mean I will record the game, and an extra few hours just in case.

BruinsDude

Jan 18, 2007
Whitman, Ma
I will spend Saturday on my Pontoon boat drinking some beers and gearing up for the game
Pontoon_boat.jpg

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
That's kinda how I am too. I don't do golf, football, baseball, nothing else. I just wanna watch my hockey. I have gotten much better over the years with recording games and watching late at night or the next day if there's something I need to tend to, and that's helped.

It's my vice, and it's part of me. Love me and accept me, but a slight obsession with the Bruins is part and parcel.

I'm all for missing games for the right moments though. By missing, I mean I will record the game, and an extra few hours just in case.

Its funny how life works...when I met my wife she had never been to a hockey game and was allergic to cats

STH since we moved back in 2007, we go to upwards of 30 games in the regular season and never miss a playoff game. And when the Bs are on on the road, NESN is on and the phones can wait. Add in we have four cats a d all I can say is although it hurts right now be patient - the right person will truly accept you as you are

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Disappointed to hear the Bs won’t get their 2nd dose until after the 1st round (per Kampfer on Morning Bru). Was hoping they’d be able to start socializing.

Reactions: BMC

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Good luck ! I’m probably at my worst as a human being while watching a Bruins playoff game . Sure , maybe I’m passionate but I also curse like a drunken sailor . I’m petulant , childish , unforgiving , nasty . And that all occurs even if we win ! I’ve kind of given up on watching Bruins playoff games with other people because I know what I’m like . So thank God for this board.

This is me. The deeper the Bruins go the more family members stay away.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Disappointed to hear the Bs won’t get their 2nd dose until after the 1st round (per Kampfer on Morning Bru). Was hoping they’d be able to start socializing.
They can still do that. Just gotta be cautious. But they gotta be smart. Everyone reacts to the 2nd dose differently. If they got it now and someone it out or isn't playing well due to it, this place would meltdown.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
All you Bruins fans cheering for the Habs , shame on you. I get the hate for the Leafs but you just can't cheer for the Habs. It's just not allowed. Take the none of the above option.

Meh I've cheered against them since 1984, but there's no question the hate isn't a big deal when they are middling. I'm sure it'll be back later, but for now I'm happy to root for them vs Toronto.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Yea I'm no longer with my dream girl probably party due to my love for the Bruins. She thinks I put them before her, and wanted me to miss games to spend time with her and show her she's more important... which I personally never understood because the Bruins are not competition.

The way I look at it is... this is who I am. Love me as I am. I'll give you my full attention for 90% of the rest of my free time, but I just want to watch the Bruins games.... especially playoff games. She will haunt me forever though... absolute smokeshow Goddess.
Yah, you want a woman who is strong enough to know you both need and deserve "me time" and also most importantly understands that it is vital to a happy, successful relationship. If she couldn't find something to do to entertain herself if it was a game night and she had no interest in watching with you then you are better off in the long run because she was not actually your dream girl. :)

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Hey Chara is on their 3rd pairing. I don't get what happened. Didn't he leave Boston because they figured he'd be on our 3rd pairing and he wasn't down with that? Seems weird to then wind up on their 3rd.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad