Speculation: Front Office

Should Rutherford Stay or Go?

• Total voters

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
4jw8cr.jpg

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Meh. Nobody even really knows what all AGMs do. Who knows if Karmanos was the one pushing for guys like JJ and Bjugstad who cost the organization millions? It is very strange timing, though. You would have thought if they were thinking about dumping him it would have been before they named him WBS GM.

Also, if this means Botts is coming back as an assistant, I'm all for it (under the condition he isn't given the reigns when JR is canned or "retires")

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Since he’s an analytics guy I doubt that he was pushing for guys with bad analytics. Since he was just recently promoted I wonder if it’s a personal issue.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Weird...OBVIOUSLY there was something happening they wanted to keep under the rug as you don't just promote him to fire him. Maybe he was a racist or something?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Since he’s an analytics guy I doubt that he was pushing for guys with bad analytics. Since he was just recently promoted I wonder if it’s a personal issue.

I agree. If it had to do with team performance (lack of better term) for his role, he'd be canned weeks ago. The timing makes me think it's personal as well.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Word on the street is Karmanos tricked GMJR into signing off on the JJ buyout unknowingly. Time for him to pay the piper as they say.

Reactions: Son Goku

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Penguins have relieved Assistant General Manager Jason Karmanos of his duties. During this interim period, Director of Hockey Research, Sam Ventura, will assume Karmanos’ duties and Erik Heasley, Manager of Hockey Operations, has been named Interim GM of the
@WBSPenguins

This team is a f***ing mess.

Incoming Botty Bots return I suppose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad