Speculation: Front Office

Should Rutherford Stay or Go?

• Total voters

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We've become the joke of a franchise we've always mocked around the league.

So this team effectively has no real AGM, Daley is in some role that directly reports to the biggest f***ing muppet in this organization, this is awful.

I feel like they'll hire Botterill back and I really don't want anyone that has worked with JR in any capacity as the next GM, I'd rather they fired the f***ing tosser and hired an up and coming GM away from a competent franchise.

Reactions: EightyOne

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I want to have an opinion about this but honestly I feel like I don't have a scoobie as to what's going on.

I am going to throw one theory out there and that this is still largely a personality business at the top off the ice. Maybe Rutherford took one look at Karmanos as the heir apparent and decided he simply didn't have what it took to be a future GM, so he's moving him to make way. Another is that he's decided Karmanos didn't have a good enough pro player evaluating brain, and that all the WBS/analytics/amateur scouting stuff could be handled by other guys.

Both theories to no small extent influenced by hiring Daley, a really respected hockey guy and leader, mainly to scout NHL/AHL players (and also help out the coaching staff), but also ones you could make in general given Karmanos' route to the top so far.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I see this as coming from the top and indicates that maybe they aren’t as happy with JR as we think and want major changes...are they positioning to bring in AGM from outside the organization? Getting rid of Sullivan’s and JR’s stooges is telling and hopefully indicates they are both on their last shot...

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

So this team effectively has no real AGM, Daley is in some role that directly reports to the biggest f***ing muppet in this organization, this is awful.

I feel like they'll hire Botterill back and I really don't want anyone that has worked with JR in any capacity as the next GM, I'd rather they fired the f***ing tosser and hired an up and coming GM away from a competent franchise.
Have a drink and calm down.

This does not mean much in the grand scheme of things. No need to over analyze

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Have a drink and calm down.

This does not mean much in the grand scheme of things. No need to over analyze
Look at what has happened to this franchise in the course of the last 12 months.

Fired 3 assistant coaches.
Fired their Assistant General Manager.
Finally bought out a horrible player and contract.
Then showing they learned nothing, sign an equally terrible player, albeit to a 1yr contract.
Traded away two 1st round picks.

Yeah, it's maddening.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm wondering if Daley has been still working in the NHL? Or we just pulled him off the street and we just gonna teach him how to be a GM
Daley was literally on the Wings a few months ago and now he's got a head office gig.

There's literally no way to make sense of that, mate.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah but you know one of JR's favorite sayings "you can't have enough Defensman" :laugh:
JR and Shero mentality...

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I see this as coming from the top and indicates that maybe they aren’t as happy with JR as we think and want major changes...are they positioning to bring in AGM from outside the organization? Getting rid of Sullivan’s and JR’s stooges is telling and hopefully indicates they are both on their last shot...

If true, It's fair. They all had a good run here and now things may be getting stale, it happens. The only thing I wanted was Sullivan to break Bylsmas win record, I kinda resent that he is the all time wins leader.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

Im actually not going to be surprised if the ownership group tries to sell again at this point

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Im actually not going to be surprised if the ownership group tries to sell again at this point

I was thinking about that not long ago. This was a story before the back to back cups as they wanted (or trying to) to sell then, so I expect it to come up again sooner than later

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad