Speculation: Front Office

Should Rutherford Stay or Go?

• Total voters

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Amazing the front office move was met with negativity here. Well not really.

Bunch of really miserable people have aligned themselves with the fanbase.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Amazing the front office move was met with negativity here. Well not really.

Bunch of really miserable people have aligned themselves with the fanbase.

tenor.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Not a damn thing. They've done great for other teams, not much for us.

I think he's done a fairly solid job as a scout, but the way Rutherford has managed them and Sullivan has utilized them, I don't know how long Allvin would last in his role before he rubs one of those f***ing muppets the wrong way and is let go with some bs non-answer reason.

Can you give examples of this though? What euro players have been mismanaged and improperly utilized?

Here's my best guesses: Riikola? He's gotten time...he's just not very good. Simon? He's gotten top line time...he's just not very good. Sprong is technically Dutch...but we traded him for Swede Pettersson, who is a top 4 dman for us. Then you have Malkin, Hagelin, and Horny and I don't think they fall into that category. I just looked back several seasons at non-NA players and I just don't see who you are referencing. Plotnikov?

Expanding that to all prospects...I still don't see who you are talking about that we have mismanaged or improperly utilized.

shaler79

May 7, 2013
Michigan
I don’t think there’s any chance of Allvin being promoted to GM anytime soon. Not when he doesn’t even apparently have the entirety of the normal AGM duties like running the AHL team.

JR won’t be replaced from within.
Agreed. I think they'll hire someone with experience

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Colorado spent how many years in the gutter while we were perennial cup contenders?

I get the analysis. It's hard to disagree with ultimately but it's yet another razor thin deep analysis from Wilson. Not surprised but acting as if the last 15 years haven't happened, it may be a tad too much from me to even offer the typical eye roll.

Should be a twitter disclaimer on his Pens tweets: "Warning: Void of Context" or "Fact Check: Missing Context" or whatever they are using these days.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

“The amount of assets Rutherford has thrown away is truly remarkable.”
“After back-to-back Cups in 16/17, it seems like Jim Rutherford has completely abandoned any vision whatsoever. He just goes after individual players he wants, fit or results be damned, since he figures he can just trade them for less value or buy them out if it doesn’t work.”

Damn, these quotes couldn’t be more accurate.

Someone please send this article to the cheapskates Mario and Burkle.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
At this point if Rutherford is fired, pick the dumbest GM available, outside of JR himself.

Hell, maybe we have round 2 of Shero, that's how stupid I think they're capable of being.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
At this point if Rutherford is fired, pick the dumbest GM available, outside of JR himself.

Hell, maybe we have round 2 of Shero, that's how stupid I think they're capable of being.

I think Shero COULD be a good GM but he needs to be willing to abandon his deeper rooted philosophies and recalibrate when he comes to a new team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad