GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I actually don't know why people here expected anything. Nothing really happened the last two offseasons in terms of signings, nothing really happened the last two trade deadlines (Jagr being the exception). I feel like every free agency day Chia hasn't made moves, so those complaining probably should have expected to be let down.

I was at work from noon til now, and I came home unsurprised. Have to say I was expecting this

Wonder if Jacobs took back his promise to let his spend to the cap... Curses

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Who else is in on Iginla? Starting to think he's the guy.

No one right now, but the second it leaks out he may sign w/ Boston....

rrriiiing......riiiinnngg......

Iggy - Yeah?

"Hey, Iggy...it's me! Nathan Horton...I got your number from Sid! Hey don't sign in Boston, they don't even have houses there. Sign in Columbus! Hey check this ****! It's me blowing the theme to Deliverance on a jug on my porch!"

To be continued....

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I actually don't know why people here expected anything. Nothing really happened the last two offseasons in terms of signings, nothing really happened the last two trade deadlines (Jagr being the exception). I feel like every free agency day Chia hasn't made moves, so those complaining probably should have expected to be let down.

We need top 6 forwards we lost two of our most talented, and didn't replace some. All signs pointed Chia getting the cap space from the Segs Pev deal and using it to sign one of these guys. Chia saying he is still active. Insiders on here saying Alfie was ours.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
would prefer reilly smith on 3rd line RW over spooner. i think spooner is the better prospect, but that would be 3 left shots on the 3rd line. and spooner isn't an ideal 3rd line player. Never seen smith play, never even heard of him until yesterday, but just the fact he's a right shot with some NHL experience, I say he gets the nod at that particular position. i say spooner is the overall better player though long term.
If we don't acquire another RW FA or through trade, it seems pretty likely we'll see Reilly Smith playing on big club....been hearing he's got lots of potential-good hands, high hockey IQ.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
THIS, THIS and some more of THIS....

It's business and we cant let what happened deter us from icing the best team. If Jerome would come here he would be admitting he blew it in march and man enough to do that and CHIA would have a motivated player. 2 year deal would be PERFECT.

The whole issue was mostly caused by Feaster... Iggy choose Pittsburgh as his #1 and was wrong, nothing more than that.I'd welcome him here.

EDIT:And... welcome!

David Krejci*

Iginla's a Bruin...ehhh. I don't think he looked very good in the playoffs at all, especially for a guy chasing a Stanley Cup. Wish we got someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad