GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
I think Chia is going after Iginla. When he spurns us again, we go after Penner, when he goes back to LA, Chia will say we are fine and have lots of flexibility going into next season.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I actually don't know why people here expected anything. Nothing really happened the last two offseasons in terms of signings, nothing really happened the last two trade deadlines (Jagr being the exception). I feel like every free agency day Chia hasn't made moves, so those complaining probably should have expected to be let down.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Lucic - Krejci - ROOKIE
Marchand - Bergeron - ROOKIE
Eriksson - Kelly - ROOKIE
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Soderberg
Spooner
Knight
Khokhlachev
Fraser

Chiarelli mentioned having lines in pairs as the possible option. I still think Eriksson with Lucic and Krejci makes the most sense and a rookie going with Soderberg/Kelly and Iginla with Marchand and Bergeron.

Watch out for the offersheet option as well. Chiarelli is busy at something after freeing up cap space in the Seguin deal.

AustinBruins

Jul 31, 2010
I think Chia is going after Iginla. When he spurns us again, we go after Penner, when he goes back to LA, Chia will say we are fine and have lots of flexibility going into next season.

To me, nothing would say "panic" move more than putting Penner's tubby, slow body on the wing and saying "Tada! There is our top 6!"

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Really wish we could have nabbed seto. Or anyone, really just anyone. Would be nice to have a right wig this year, I dont think Thornton is ready for that 1st line role yet

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 5 s

Minnesota wild are working on something big...part of which has happened already with Setoguchi traded to Jets.

Bojakees*

Iginla is a lock for 20-25 goals. Sign him to a 1 year deal or 2 year deal - like Alfie's. Can always use him as trade bait at the deadline if it doesn't work out....teams always look to add veteran leadership at the trade deadline. He's our best option IMO.

THIS, THIS and some more of THIS....

It's business and we cant let what happened deter us from icing the best team. If Jerome would come here he would be admitting he blew it in march and man enough to do that and CHIA would have a motivated player. 2 year deal would be PERFECT.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Setoguchi's a 26 year old who's good for 25 goals and 150 hits. Would make a solid 2nd liner or great 3rd liner. Good value for a 2nd round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad